So I went hiking today and I took my STORMY with me and I was really happy that I had Service...I was impressed
    So I got this new leaked OS and my phone restarted by itself twice (Once when I was taking pictures and it happen again when I unlocked the phone via BB lock function)
    What should I do about this??
    Should I downgrade to .75 and return the phone to grab a new one??
    BTW the restarting process took forever!!
    It literally took 7 minutes (timed it the second time)
    Someone please PM me!!
    I want to know if I did something wrong...im a newbie!!
    05-25-09 06:47 PM
    I have not had that problem. I have had a bad battery life. I don't know if that is the OS or the hardware.
    05-26-09 12:07 AM
    So I went hiking today and I took my STORMY with me and I was really happy that I had Service...I was impressed
    So I got this new leaked OS and my phone restarted by itself twice (Once when I was taking pictures and it happen again when I unlocked the phone via BB lock function)
    What should I do about this??
    Should I downgrade to .75 and return the phone to grab a new one??
    BTW the restarting process took forever!!
    It literally took 7 minutes (timed it the second time)
    Someone please PM me!!
    I want to know if I did something wrong...im a newbie!!

I had the same issue as well. first i had the base .75-->.113--> etc, to .148. everything was going well with the new os until i took a picture and all of a sudden no power.... so i waited for the phone to restart and it took ~7 minutes also(regardless they all boot up slow). ive had the new os since it first leaked and no problems.

lately it has been working flawlessly. i think my incident was a one time thing. i will definitely post more to let you know of any other issues. but i just recently found a new 5.0 that i want to try out so after tonight i may not be of much help.

hope your issue was as simple as mine(one time)

have a great day
    05-26-09 12:26 AM
    How are you at my moms house?

Dad, Is this you? Have you two settled things?

I'm looking forward to thanksgiving dinner.

If .75 was working OK for you, and you're willing to wait for an Official.. I'd try and hold off

I don't think it's your device that's causing the reboots, I've had a few as well. But, for the most part it's been a great build.
    05-26-09 12:30 AM
    Ok I've been hearing different things from different users. My question is, some people say this one works but then they try another one and then that one works. Then you have others say that the last one didn't work but then this one does. IF ALL STORMS COME FROM THE SAME PLACE THEN WHY DOES SOME SOFTWARE WORK FOR SOME AND NOT FOR OTHERS AND VICE VERSA? And will they ever be as fast as the I phone?
    05-26-09 05:15 PM
    Ok I've been hearing different things from different users. My question is, some people say this one works but then they try another one and then that one works. Then you have others say that the last one didn't work but then this one does. IF ALL STORMS COME FROM THE SAME PLACE THEN WHY DOES SOME SOFTWARE WORK FOR SOME AND NOT FOR OTHERS AND VICE VERSA? And will they ever be as fast as the I phone?
    You know, I have wondered the same thing.....
    05-26-09 05:24 PM
    I had the same issue as well. first i had the base .75-->.113--> etc, to .148. everything was going well with the new os until i took a picture and all of a sudden no power.... so i waited for the phone to restart and it took ~7 minutes also(regardless they all boot up slow). ive had the new os since it first leaked and no problems.

lately it has been working flawlessly. i think my incident was a one time thing. i will definitely post more to let you know of any other issues. but i just recently found a new 5.0 that i want to try out so after tonight i may not be of much help.

hope your issue was as simple as mine(one time)

have a great day
    5.0 on a storm??
    05-26-09 10:46 PM
    Im starting to believe that my Stormy is witnessing hardware problems... because other people say .148 is a solid built
    05-27-09 03:55 PM
    My battery life is horrible on the .148, everything else is awesome. That's my only complaint. It goes from 100% charged to turned off dead in less than 6 hours! ugh. Frustrating.

Is there anything I can do to keep .148 but download something to improve my battery life also?? Please let me know.
    Last edited by CarizmaD; 06-04-09 at 10:55 AM.
    06-04-09 10:52 AM
    I have the same problem. This is the only berry that I've ever had to carry an extra battery for.
    06-05-09 12:03 PM
    My battery life is horrible on the .148, everything else is awesome. That's my only complaint. It goes from 100% charged to turned off dead in less than 6 hours! ugh. Frustrating.

Is there anything I can do to keep .148 but download something to improve my battery life also?? Please let me know.
    Do you have the Slacker app installed? I was reading another post here that pointed to Slacker as the culprit. Also draining your battery fully and recharging can sometimes help. I had issues originally but after a couple of cycles it was back to normal again.
    06-05-09 12:30 PM
    One thing I have issues with...if I don't use my phone for a while (5 hours) and then turn the screen on I won't be able to use the touch screen. Would have to turn it off and on again..... Wht up wit tht!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kingprince; 06-05-09 at 12:41 PM.
    06-05-09 12:37 PM
    I did the upgrade and 4 hours later the storm was dead due to battery. I charged it up all night and the next day it was dead in 6.5 hours. (I made 4 - 2 min calls and no web browsing.) Verizon offered me a new battery which I declined. Went home and deleted Weatherbug. The next day, after a night of charging, full battery life was back. I will try reinstalling weatherbug later once I am sure the problem is gone. That was the only app I had downloaded that was running during the update. I have Google Maps too but that only comes on when started. My guess is you should not modify the operating system with an app running in the background like weatherbug. The RIM apps seem designed to handle it. Remoiving weatherbug fixed my battery life problem instantly!
    06-06-09 03:45 PM
    Hello everybody.

I too was having horrible battery performance after installing .148 After reading through a TON of posts and some statistical work, I found that WeatherBug (the version prior to the latest one) drains the battery, EVEN WHEN THE PHONE IS OFF!. I deleted the app and sure enough I am having an average of 10% battery drop every 3 hours. I always charge my phone at night but if I do the math, that would mean that the battery should last 30 hours!

Anywho, this post is to help out my fellow crackberry users that are having the same problem I was. DELETE WEATHERBUG! I haven't seen if the latest version of weatherbug doesn't cause the batt problem, though.

I trully hope this helps, because I know how exasperating this issue is!

Have a great day everyone!
    06-07-09 03:31 PM
    I had this horrible battery life that others have experienced. 8 hours until completely dead from a full charge. thats with no usage. it was horrible. went back to .75 and battery is all good again.

I did not have weatherbug installed. the only 3rd party app that was installed was application that locked the phone when an incomming call came in.
    06-07-09 03:48 PM
    It was suggested that if you're having issues to do a full wipe and install .148 from scratch. Then only restore contacts/emails and install your 3rd party software from scratch. I personally went from .65>.75>.85>.99>.101>.109>.113>.114h>.122h>.148/5.0h and haven't had issues, but I was always picky about the 3rd party software I loaded and their quality. I go about 8 hours of continuous web browsing to drop battery to 60% and my memory stays above 35megs for about a week before I do a soft reset via meterberry.
    06-07-09 04:01 PM
    A couple of things I forgot to mention... It is always a good idea to do a battery pull after installing you OS, and I've noticed a huge difference in bootup time. My current bootup time is less than 2 minutes... Much faster than when I was on any previoys OS.
    06-07-09 04:06 PM
    5.0 on a storm??
    Hybrid, most likely....
    06-07-09 10:02 PM
    i was having browser issues and pandora wouldnt play....i spent 2 hours with tech support and nothing worked . i had to downgrade back to .75. does anyone know what i have to do to fix this issue with the new os upgrade? my storm is unlocked and im using tmobile service
    06-07-09 10:45 PM
    Okay so far .148 has been pretty solid for me. Ever since the leak I haven't had any major problems. One thing I did notice yesterday was when I was using the camera. After taking maybe 4 pictures or so each time I tried taking another picture it wouldn't take it nor would it show the green focus outline. I would need to get out of camera mode then start all over again. This would happen each time I take 3 or more pictures. Anyone else come across this? Other than that I think .148 has been pretty solid for me.

06-08-09 08:16 AM
    Okay so far .148 has been pretty solid for me. Ever since the leak I haven't had any major problems. One thing I did notice yesterday was when I was using the camera. After taking maybe 4 pictures or so each time I tried taking another picture it wouldn't take it nor would it show the green focus outline. I would need to get out of camera mode then start all over again. This would happen each time I take 3 or more pictures. Anyone else come across this? Other than that I think .148 has been pretty solid for me.

Same here, the only other thing I would add is the same happens in Video Camera mode as well. If you take a video and save it, the phone freezes for me and causes a restart with an error. The video does save however, but very frustrating to say the least.
    06-08-09 12:11 PM
    I am trying to upgrade to .148 but my storm keeps telling me I don't have enough memory. First it said I need 4.2MB more so I deleted some apps and got 5MB free. Now it still states I need 2.4MB more free. I don't have anything else I can delete. What can I do?

Is this .148 even worth upgrading to?
    06-08-09 01:26 PM
    148 is working flawlessly (knock on wood) on mine. Absolutely no battery problem, and not a single freeze/crash/reboot. I always wipe my Storm completely before installing a new OS. I always do 3 battery pulls after an OS install -- battery remains out for at least 45 seconds, then pull the battery again no sooner than a full minute after the phone is fully booted.

I run Weatherbug all the time. Used to run Slacker, too, but not since I've gone to .148.

I've done a lot of texting and Facebook stuff today, plus a flood of emails, and at 4 p.m. I'm at 54% battery (took it off the charger/cradle at 8 a.m.). Not bad at all.
    06-08-09 04:12 PM
    I am trying to upgrade to .148 but my storm keeps telling me I don't have enough memory. First it said I need 4.2MB more so I deleted some apps and got 5MB free. Now it still states I need 2.4MB more free. I don't have anything else I can delete. What can I do?
    Have you got all your downloads and photos/videos going to on-board memory, or have you redirected them to the card? Sounds like you may have all that stuff going to your on-board.
    06-08-09 04:13 PM
    Is there any way to tell what is in my internal memory and transfer it to my card? How do you wipe your storm then install the new program? Using your computer?
    06-08-09 04:40 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD