what do you think of the new leak?
    Me personally I love it, i think is more stable with memory, and the memory i a huge difference maker when it come to your phones ablilty to respone when you want it to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 10:31 AM
    I think it's the best leak so far, but I like Lyricidal's .148/5.0 even better.

Grey
    05-25-09 10:34 AM

Grey
    2nd! Great hybrid OS, cant wait for the new update coming later with (81-83 files)
    05-25-09 10:50 AM
    I'm holding out until I return state-side, so no real opinion here. Although, I am looking forward to upgrading to it from .141, which I have no real issues with (lock problem is not an issue since I do use a password anyway).

FYI, OP you should've posted this thread in the Storm OS sub-forum .
    05-25-09 11:13 AM
    I like it so far, reset times are a lot better, and this might just be me but my phone freezes more than before.

05-25-09 11:22 AM
    Just curious if its worth upgrading? Thanks. I am running .122
    Last edited by tcaemt734; 05-25-09 at 11:40 AM.
    05-25-09 11:32 AM
    Without a doubt worth upgrading to. My battery alone is great.

05-25-09 09:07 PM
    I just loaded it today, and so far its as good or better than .132, which I loved.

I haven't developed the courage to load a hybrid yet lol. We shall see after a week or so.

05-25-09 09:13 PM
    so far the info i'm hearing is that it is going to get approved weds or thurs, unless some major flaw rears its ugly head, so expect to see this as official unless otherwise indicated this coming up week...
    05-25-09 09:16 PM
    Just curious if its worth upgrading? Thanks. I am running .122
    I upgraded from .122 and it's definitely worth it. There's just something smoother/snappier that you'll notice right away especially in typing. You can't quite put your finger on it. It's just something you've gotta experience to understand.

EDIT: Although typing in the browser is still slower than typing in emails or memopad.

05-25-09 09:23 PM
    so far the info i'm hearing is that it is going to get approved weds or thurs, unless some major flaw rears its ugly head, so expect to see this as official unless otherwise indicated this coming up week...
    I haven't run into any glaring issues with this build compared to previous build. Yes all of the bugs civic has listed in her sticky are still present though but it is definitely a step in the right direction from .75.
    05-25-09 09:24 PM
    I haven't run into any glaring issues with this build compared to previous build. Yes all of the bugs civic has listed in her sticky are still present though but it is definitely a step in the right direction from .75.
    I know my friend reported every single one that she has listed in both threads, but they were reported with the .141 findings, so idk how long until we see a build that addresses 'em, if RIM hasn't caught wind of them before my friend sent them in...
    05-25-09 09:29 PM
    I know my friend reported every single one that she has listed in both threads, but they were reported with the .141 findings, so idk how long until we see a build that addresses 'em, if RIM hasn't caught wind of them before my friend sent them in...
    Maybe the 5.0 will bring hope.
    05-25-09 09:43 PM
    it works great... haven t done a battery pull since .141~!
    05-25-09 10:42 PM
    I upgraded from .122 and it's definitely worth it. There's just something smoother/snappier that you'll notice right away especially in typing. You can't quite put your finger on it. It's just something you've gotta experience to understand.

EDIT: Although typing in the browser is still slower than typing in emails or memopad.

I second that. I switched from.122 and mine has more memory and is snappier although I still get the lag in the browser as well.

05-25-09 11:27 PM
    .122 is horrible compared to .148...in every way possible. if you're on a leak, there is nothing better than a hybrid, or .148 (which i would say is better than any of the hybrids available at this moment)
    05-26-09 12:59 AM
    .122 is horrible compared to .148...in every way possible. if you're on a leak, there is nothing better than a hybrid, or .148 (which i would say is better than any of the hybrids available at this moment)
    I agree .148 is probably the best OS out right now, though I wouldn't say .122 is horrible in "every" way. But definitely a distinct difference.
    05-26-09 07:28 AM

Grey
    I actually would even prefer the .141/5.0 over the straight .148 leak. I'll be switching to new .148/5.0 leak today.
    05-26-09 07:30 AM
    I'm really hopeful that this becomes official. From what I hear Verizon has no reason to not release this, it may not be perfect but its a heck of a lot better then .75.

05-26-09 08:00 AM

Grey
    +1. To be fair I only gave the .148 about a day and a half and then jumped right into the hybrid. Amazing. Really the only word I can say.
    05-26-09 08:02 AM
    I'm really hopeful that this becomes official. From what I hear Verizon has no reason to not release this, it may not be perfect but its a heck of a lot better then .75.

I think 148 is going to fail testing. The fact that the calendar doesn't reload on the restore when upgrading would lead to a lot of mad customers. It's a simple fix (reload the backup through the desktop manager) but I can't see this as being acceptable to VZW.

Personally though, I'm loving .148
    05-26-09 08:09 AM
    I'm sorry, but this is still worthless to me...Until they fix the MOST annoying thing about the Storm: I CAN'T MAKE A PHONE CALL FROM THE TEXT MSG Unless the the msg is from someone that's not in my Contacts. I find this very annoying.
    05-26-09 08:17 AM
    I'm sorry, but this is still worthless to me...Until they fix the MOST annoying thing about the Storm: I CAN'T MAKE A PHONE CALL FROM THE TEXT MSG Unless the the msg is from someone that's not in my Contacts. I find this very annoying.

I just tried this and it works (with .148). All you have to do is open the text message and press the green send button twice and you will be calling the person that sent you the message if they are in your contacts, have not tried with someone that is not in my contacts.
    05-26-09 08:47 AM
    I think 148 is going to fail testing. The fact that the calendar doesn't reload on the restore when upgrading would lead to a lot of mad customers. It's a simple fix (reload the backup through the desktop manager) but I can't see this as being acceptable to VZW.

Personally though, I'm loving .148
    My calendar restored itself just fine. Apploader did its normal backup and restore, and my calendar entries were fine upon first use of the OS. I didn't have to touch DM at all.
    05-26-09 08:53 AM
    Installed Friday night and having zero issues at all! I was running an earlier version (132, I think) and can tell a noticeable difference.
    05-26-09 09:19 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD