Meh, I'm depressed...
    05-25-09 01:14 AM
    The onyx looks nice, but I prefer the bigger keyboard the bold has, I can type faster on it than on any of my old smartphones.

Also, I kinda prefer the look of the bold to the pics I've seen of onyx. Seems more "classy" as someone put it in another thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 01:17 AM
    Who knows when the Onyx is scheduled to come out. Both the bold and 8900 were delayed. Until then, save up for the Onyx and enjoy your bold.

05-25-09 01:18 AM
    Who knows when the Onyx is scheduled to come out. Both the bold and 8900 were delayed. Until then, save up for the Onyx and enjoy your bold.

Doesn't the fact that Crackberry has a pre-release review unit or whatever you want to call it tell you that it's close to coming out?
    05-25-09 01:20 AM
    The onyx looks nice, but I prefer the bigger keyboard the bold has, I can type faster on it than on any of my old smartphones.

Also, I kinda prefer the look of the bold to the pics I've seen of onyx. Seems more "classy" as someone put it in another thread.

But also remember the production version may not look like that

Im not eligible for a new phone until late december when all these new blackberrys should be out or close to out. Did you sign a new contract to get your bold?
    05-25-09 01:28 AM
    But also remember the production version may not look like that

Im not eligible for a new phone until late december when all these new blackberrys should be out or close to out. Did you sign a new contract to get your bold?
    Yeah, new 2 year contract. Had to pay a $75 early upgrade fee too.
    05-25-09 01:34 AM
    Doesn't the fact that Crackberry has a pre-release review unit or whatever you want to call it tell you that it's close to coming out?
    Yes and no. Take the bold for example. Pics of the bold first came out in March 08 and Kevin first reviewed it in May 08. The bold didn't come out officially for AT&T until Nov 08 I believe. (its either Oct or Nov, can't remember).
    05-25-09 01:50 AM
    Onyx looks pretty cool, but I definitely prefer the size and looks of my Bold, plus I couldn't ask for a smoother running device.
    05-25-09 02:31 AM
    Yes and no. Take the bold for example. Pics of the bold first came out in March 08 and Kevin first reviewed it in May 08. The bold didn't come out officially for AT&T until Nov 08 I believe. (its either Oct or Nov, can't remember).

but the bold also had major issues on the get go...

so it may not be this case this time around..

but truthfully. The bold is not a bad device and what would you be using in the meantime?

you can save money for the onyx it isn't coming out next week
    05-25-09 02:42 AM
    You made an excellent choice! Enjoy!

05-25-09 03:31 AM
    If you play the "should I wait for the _____" game, you will never have a phone. There will ALWAYS be the next greatest thing waiting on the horizon, it's just the nature of technology.

Enjoy the Bold.
    05-25-09 10:15 AM
    excellent choice, i've had many blackberrys and this is the best by far...besides when the onyx comes out you will probably be have to upgrade
    05-25-09 10:26 AM
    If you play the "should I wait for the _____" game, you will never have a phone. There will ALWAYS be the next greatest thing waiting on the horizon, it's just the nature of technology.

Enjoy the Bold.
    ....and there it is.
    Also, when a brand new phone makes an appearance it's best to let the "other folks" test it out, before you jump on the bandwagon. Phone could be a nest of mess, and you can bypass it all, if you wait a minute or two.
    05-25-09 10:37 AM
    I got a bold 2 months ago and waiting for the Onyx to come out, but I can wait while people test out first batch and I'm able to upgrade next year if I want it.
    05-25-09 12:04 PM
    ....., if you wait a minute or two.
    Wait? That is blasphemy for those that have to live on the bleeding edge...

05-25-09 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD