Hey I have a question...

If I'm a VIP customer on Verizon and I upgraded to a Storm in December, would Verizon give me any kind of deal so I could get the Tour when it comes out without it costing me an arm and a leg? I was just reading this brochure they sent me and they said they would give me $50 off any phone, but I wondered if that's off the retail price or the new contract price because I wouldn't mind starting my contract over to get the Tour.
    05-24-09 06:10 PM
    KING JAMES, that's who. verizon may give you some type of discount. i think they allow you to upgrade early, but i'm not sure how early.
    05-24-09 06:25 PM
    I work for a VZW preimium retailier and the VIP thing is the biggest joke in the world you dont pay for phone book transfers or an ESN upgrade fee and thats basically it there is no way that after 6 or so months Verizon would wipe the slate clean and say yea sure upgrade again. It takes about that long to recoupe the money they lost on the first phone they gave you the only upgade you will have coming is if you are the primary line on a shared plan or on a 80 or higher monthly plan on a two year contract you can up grade at 12 months and a one year contract 10 months other than that your boned for the full retail
    Last edited by jwonchalk; 05-24-09 at 06:41 PM. Reason: wasnt done typing
    05-24-09 06:39 PM
    off topic but your name is lakergirl with the number 23 with a picture of kobe?kobes 24.lol at least you put up the number of the best player in the nba
    05-24-09 06:41 PM
    I work for a VZW preimium retailier and the VIP thing is the biggest joke in the world you dont pay for phone book transfers or an ESN upgrade fee and thats basically it there is no way that after 6 or so months Verizon would wipe the slate clean and say yea sure upgrade again. It takes about that long to recoupe the money they lost on the first phone they gave you
    That is not true. I got the Storm off my VIP status in December. It was $50 off the contract price not the retail price. As a matter of fact, my new every 2 date has not changed on verizon's website. That is probably wrong, but I'm not saying anything. The main plus on the VIP program is the savings on the accesories.
    05-24-09 06:47 PM
    off topic but your name is lakergirl with the number 23 with a picture of kobe?kobes 24.lol at least you put up the number of the best player in the nba
    Probably her age, don't look too far into it.
    05-24-09 06:52 PM
    Probably her age, don't look too far into it.
    could be..i didnt even think about it that way...i wasnt lookin to far into it was just wondering
    05-24-09 07:03 PM
    Lol I am 23 but nice try. Thanks to those of you who did actually provide some insight

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 07:06 PM
    Hey I have a question...

If I'm a VIP customer on Verizon and I upgraded to a Storm in December, would Verizon give me any kind of deal so I could get the Tour when it comes out without it costing me an arm and a leg? I was just reading this brochure they sent me and they said they would give me $50 off any phone, but I wondered if that's off the retail price or the new contract price because I wouldn't mind starting my contract over to get the Tour.
    You will have to go 12 mths with your storm to be able to take advantage of your vip upg. With the VIP upg you will get the standard 2 yr price with an additional $50 off with a new 2 yr contract. That's a pretty good deal if you can go until December. As far as getting a deal 6 mths in a contract it is unlikely. @jwonchalk, the VIP program is in no way a joke. It is a pretty good deal with all the savings and the additional discount with an early upg. Not to mention, no upg fee, waive activation fee, bonus minutes, etc.
    05-24-09 09:26 PM
    I think everyone is a VIP with Verizon! LOL
    05-24-09 10:00 PM
    I work for good ole VZW and is by no means everyone a VIP member.

And Irie is correct with his post.
    05-24-09 10:05 PM
    You will have to go 12 mths with your storm to be able to take advantage of your vip upg. With the VIP upg you will get the standard 2 yr price with an additional $50 off with a new 2 yr contract. That's a pretty good deal if you can go until December. As far as getting a deal 6 mths in a contract it is unlikely. @jwonchalk, the VIP program is in no way a joke. It is a pretty good deal with all the savings and the additional discount with an early upg. Not to mention, no upg fee, waive activation fee, bonus minutes, etc.
    Yeah hopefully I can last that long lol. But I do get a lot of great deals on accessories

05-24-09 10:09 PM
    How does one become a "VIP" member?
    05-25-09 05:42 PM
    Usually through corporate endorsement I would think.
    05-25-09 05:57 PM
    For my .02 I am a VIP customer have been with VZW since before they were VZW started first phone back in 1990 and have been ever since. I had sent a letter of complaint about my storm and did have contact with someone from the office of the chairman (yes I know it's probably just some csr in a call center with a bigger desk) and basically told him that I was very unhappy with the unreliability of my storm and that I have had to have 4 replacements because of physical issues et. Without a doubt he knew I was unhappy with both RIM and VZW about the phone.

This was back in April and he assured me that there would be a os update by end of May (don't worry I'm not holding my breath for it) and that if I was not happy after the update they would do whatever it took to make me happy. The choices I had given him were 1) Free phone upgrade to another phone that would work as expected 2) They waive the ETF so I can go to another carrier and get a phone that works. I'm leaning to the Bold.

He assured me they would make me happy. Now we all know that that and $4 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Just my .02
    05-25-09 06:01 PM
    I love the VIP program! They give you the upgrade at the discounted price every year with $50 off as well as free phone book transfers and free activations as stated before. The other perk I like is 25% off any accessory, online or in store. Thats a $2.50 off for every $10 people, or a gallon of gas. Nothing to scoff at IMO.

I once asked how they determine who a becomes a VIP, the rep told me that part of the critera is on "how much you pay us and how well you pay us". Im due for a VIP upgrade in September and Im looking forward to a new BB!
    Last edited by cenloe; 05-25-09 at 06:42 PM.
    05-25-09 06:25 PM
    I love the VIP program! They give you the upgrade at the discounted price every year with $50 off as well as free phone book transfers and free activations as stated before. The other perk I like is 25% off any accessory, online or in store. Thats a $2.50 off for every $10 people, or a gallon of gas. Nothing to scoff at IMO.

I once asked how they determine who a becomes a VIP, the rep told me that part of the critera is on "how much you pay us and how well you pay us". Im due for a VIP upgrade in September and Im looking forward to a new BB!

any discount is always a plus so its hard to complain about being a VIP I guess.
    05-25-09 06:51 PM
    I work for a VZW preimium retailier and the VIP thing is the biggest joke in the world you dont pay for phone book transfers or an ESN upgrade fee and thats basically it there is no way that after 6 or so months Verizon would wipe the slate clean and say yea sure upgrade again. It takes about that long to recoupe the money they lost on the first phone they gave you the only upgade you will have coming is if you are the primary line on a shared plan or on a 80 or higher monthly plan on a two year contract you can up grade at 12 months and a one year contract 10 months other than that your boned for the full retail
    What vzw premium retailer means is this guy doesnt work for verizon wireless. It also means he has no clue what he is talking about. If your vip then you most likely have a plan that is 49.99 or higher. So as long as you have completed 1yr since your last upgrade on the line that is over 49.99 then you will be able to upgrade AGAIN and you will get an extra $50 off the 2yr contract price... It is an extremely good deal. If you were not VIP but still had a plan over 49.99 then you would get the 2yr contract price plus a $20 fee for upgrading early.

So in short yes... you are going to get hooked up huge, also the VIP program gets you 25% off accessories so by saying the VIP program is a joke the above person is not doing a very good job representing the company that he is selling for...
    05-25-09 06:58 PM
    What vzw premium retailer means is this guy doesnt work for verizon wireless. It also means he has no clue what he is talking about. If your vip then you most likely have a plan that is 49.99 or higher. So as long as you have completed 1yr since your last upgrade on the line that is over 49.99 then you will be able to upgrade AGAIN and you will get an extra $50 off the 2yr contract price... It is an extremely good deal. If you were not VIP but still had a plan over 49.99 then you would get the 2yr contract price plus a $20 fee for upgrading early.

So in short yes... you are going to get hooked up huge, also the VIP program gets you 25% off accessories so by saying the VIP program is a joke the above person is not doing a very good job representing the company that he is selling for...
    and this is kind of my point..

I wouldn't call any savings a JOKE..

I mean whether its just on accessories or whatever. If there giving you a discount its nice..

It is nice to know the actual details though
    05-25-09 07:24 PM
    Vzw premium retailer= I work the cell counter at Wal-mart.

I have been a vip for several years now. Its a sweet setup especially when combined with other offers. I got 2 storms 2 car chargers 2 covers and two holsters and 2 packs of screen protectors for $205. Pretty good savings if you do the math.

05-25-09 11:35 PM
    Vzw premium retailer= I work the cell counter at Wal-mart.

I have been a vip for several years now. Its a sweet setup especially when combined with other offers. I got 2 storms 2 car chargers 2 covers and two holsters and 2 packs of screen protectors for $205. Pretty good savings if you do the math.

I work at a wal-mart connection center also and my rep said thats how I became a VIP member. And here it is I'm thinking it's because I pay my bill on time. Lol
    05-25-09 11:57 PM
    Have you ever heard of punctuation??
    05-25-09 11:59 PM
    Hey I have a question...

As a VIP customer you get the $50 off. If your plan is more then $80 you get an annual upgrade on every phone on your plan but it won't show up on your account- you can call and ask a rep. The earliest you will be able to upgrade (at contract price) is 10 months after you purchased your storm but that is with calling and asking, you won't get it if you try and purchase online.
    05-26-09 08:54 AM
    Basically yes... you pay your bill on time.
    05-26-09 09:16 AM
    I'm so happy for the VIP program, because of it I'm eligible for my upgrade in September... so TOUR here I come ( woot woot).

The funny thing is that the whole program slipped my mind, I totally forgot that I was a VIP member until about 2 months ago that is when I received my new card. So just to be sure I called Verizon to spoke with a rep and was give the exact same information that has been mentioned here - the primary line is able to upgrade at 12 months at the new 2yr contract promotional price with a $50 credit going toward the phone. I even saved the pamphlet so that I'd have it all in writting when I go to Verizon in September, cause I don't want "NO MESS" when I go get my new baby in my hands

05-26-09 09:24 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD