I think the BB browser isnt letting me run pages with javascript - i have now enabled it through the browser settings but it still wont let me click on links - its as if when clicking it does nothing - very frustrating - so was wondering what browsers people are using on their curves (free preferably!)

Woza.
    05-24-09 05:55 AM
    There are probably a good 5 threads out there with near identical posts. Search SEARCH SEARCH!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 08:09 AM
    Have you tried Bolt?
    Bolt Browser

Or Mini Opera.
    Opera Mini - Download
    05-24-09 08:47 AM
    I'm digging Bolt when BB Browser doesn't work. I tried Opera and it didn't seem to do much more than BB Browser did. I honestly don't remember if it was Opera 3 or 4 though. Bolt seems good though the fact that it gives me a warning about connecting to a weird us.something.or.other.com website on first use each time makes me a teeny bit nervous. I'm guessing a proxy.
    05-24-09 08:51 AM
    I tried opera and found it terrible, extremely slow and the layout was terrible!

05-24-09 08:57 AM
    Bolt as it feels like a computer browser also!
    05-24-09 09:15 AM
    I tried both Bolt and Opera and didn't like either of them. The popup text box for EVERYTHING (on both) was tiresome after the second or third time I had to use it for a login.

Neither was any better on YouTube than *.239's built-in browser. Bolt's proxy resampled, mangled, and truncated one of my videos (as in one that I created and uploaded). That was the dealbreaker for me.

I just use the BB browser now. I do wish it was more compatible (able to log in to my bank's site, for instance) but I think it's better than both third-party alternatives (at the moment).

05-24-09 09:18 AM
    I js use original, I tried and disliked all the others, shouldn't there be a popup to enable javascript if you click on a link that requires it?

05-24-09 10:19 AM
    I use both the original browser and Bolt which are both great browsers imo.

Opera sucks.. I downloaded it as one of my first apps for my 8900 (got mine last Saturday) but I deleted it right away! I just didn't like the look of the browser.
    05-25-09 10:11 AM
    I just stick with the original.
    05-25-09 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD