I've thoroughly tested at least 10-15 different Bluetooth headsets (Blueant, Motorola, Jawbone, and Jabra...just to name a few) and none have even come close to the performance of this model.

-Superb sound (under all conditions) and a natural sound to voice. This factor was most important to me.

-Superb, stable fit. It was so comfortable, I forgot I was wearing it.

-Superb range - walked around the entire house 3,800 sq. ft. from room to room forgetting that I'd left my 8330m on the kitchen table - no static, just clarity.

-Superb battery life. I've used it a full day and there's still plenty left.

-Only issue was a slight bit of echoing, which the other party did not hear, but this apparently occurred because I was TOO close to the unit and had to set the echo setting in my BB 8330m to "on" just as an added measure against unwanted echoes.

This product is for those who simply won't settle for anything less than the best. It's not the least expensive, nor the most fashionable by many accounts, but it is well worth the price and performance. Frankly, I don't mind if my Bluetooth is a bit larger than others if the device works the way it is supposed to. Besides, the PRO is sharply designed in my opinion and I don't wear polyester leisure suits. No, I don't work for Plantronics, but I do work for the benefit of my friends here at CrackBerry. Best wishes to all!
    niss63 likes this.
    05-22-09 03:04 AM
    I bought a Planatronics Audio 910, bluetooth headset system last year and it works great. Recently I can't play the songs I have on my BB (Curve 8320) on my bluetooth? Have any ideas why that is?
    Last edited by hipporanger; 05-29-09 at 07:51 AM.
    05-29-09 07:27 AM
    Based on your review I bought the Pro. It did work great but I unfortunately returned it as this device (and every other BT device that I have tried) hurt my ears after 15 minutes. I must have very sensitive ears as I also tried the Jawbone and quicly returned it as well (In fact the Jawbone was completely intolerable). After reading about the Pro, I saw how it did not cause ear pain but it just didn't work for me as my ears and side of my face just couldn't tolerate it.
    I only want a device to use in the car so the "ugly" looks of the Pro didn't bother me at all. I am probably going to have to go to a car kit but based on the reviews they do not seem to give good sound quality as the good ear devices.
    But I do agree The Pro is an excellent product.
    05-29-09 09:04 AM
    I havent tried the plantronics pro or the jawbone 2. I have a jabra bt8040 that will play music from my blackberry curve 8330. The combination of the two is not enough volume, both are all the way up. Although it mite be a defect in the headset because every now and again it will make a funny noise when I disconnect it. Battery life is short. Noise canceling is wonderful. Ear gels are loose and headset moves in ear. I like it but it mite work better for others. Bought it for 20 bucks a while ago. LOOKING FOR A NEW ONE. BEEN CHECKING OUT THE BLUEANT Z9I
    06-02-09 01:50 PM
    I have tired many different models and manufacturers of Bluetooth headsets, however, the Plantronics Voyager Pro is hands down the very best that I have used for the Blackberry. I have tried various Motorola models over the years, Jabra, Plantronics, and of course Jawbone 1 and II. The Plantronics Voyager Pro is excellent! Call are so clear both incoming and to the other person I am talking with. The battery casing is a bit on the large side, but I'm not wearing this for fashion...I sit at a desk all day and use it while doing my job. I have tested it in the car with the radio playing and the person on the other end says they can't even hear the radio. Outside, it works great unless the wind is way up. The battery life seems great, it has different sized ear jells for different sized canals, and again the dual mike seem to make a difference in my use. I loved the Jawbones, but unless either model was touching my face, the sound to the other person was less than desirable. I have a thin face, so I was constantly trying to find the correct ear loop and ear canal fit to keep it sitting on my face. The Voyager Pro has a small boom the the dual mike is on a boom that swings up or down and doesn't have to touch your face. This fit the 1st time! I am glad I got it and would recommend it to anyone to try. Each user has different needs, this one fit mine the best...the seach is now over!
    06-04-09 01:58 PM
    Spot on! I have had nothing but problems with a multitude of BT devices including some early Plantronics models. I have been using a Voyager Pro for three weeks now and it is absolutely terrific. I brought home a Jawbone 2 and Premier for comparison and they went back within a day. Not because they were not good, they were excellent but the Voyager was a significant cut above in volume and tonal quality. I even tried it on my old HTC Touch which I could never find a BT that was loud enough and the Voyager was much more than adequate.

5 Stars and at $99.99 shelf (it can be found for less) worth every penny.
    06-04-09 02:11 PM
    I'm glad to see others sharing my appreciation for this device. It's been almost a month since I purchased my Voyager PRO and I can report that it is CONSISTENTLY the best bluetooth headset I've ever used.

If you're one of those people out there who appreciates fine things based on their engineering such as Patek Phillipe timepieces, Leica cameras, and McIntosh audio components, then you can relate to the class in which I would place this product.
    06-04-09 07:02 PM
    I tried the BlueAnt V1 and was told over and over again that my callers thought my voice was muffled and would get cut off at times. I need a BT that will keep my voice as clear as possible when I am on the road/interstate. My biggest complaint is always that my callers think I have my head in a bucket! I am trying to decide between the new Jawbone Prime and the Voyager Pro. The only hesitation on the PRO is how will it affect the comfort/fit if I am wearing glasses or sunglasses with the PRO?
    06-14-09 09:44 AM
    Plantronics 925 is a piece of junk. Everyone said I sounded like I was in a tunnel. And then in only a month the wall charger stopped working. This is a piece of junk. I switched to the Jawbone Prime. Like night and day. 100 times better than the plantronics 925. Voice quality excellent on both ends. Just a better built BT. if you have to select a Plantronics, then go with the Pro and stay away from the 925. The Pro got good reviews as did the Prime.
    06-15-09 08:11 AM
    Loved jawbone2 and now loving jawbone prime even more. I can't count the number of BTs i've tried. And @wxman....absolutely the 925 is an overpriced piece of trash.

~LB
    06-16-09 04:07 PM
    Loved jawbone2 and now loving jawbone prime even more. I can't count the number of BTs i've tried. And @wxman....absolutely the 925 is an overpriced piece of trash.

~LB
    The 925, I believe, is a notably different device from the Voyager PRO. It's several months later and the Plantronics Voyager PRO is just awesome. The bulkiness people mention for me is not an issue since the entire apparatus is so light and comfortable. I appreciate that huge battery (which you don't really even know is there when wearing the device) which provides me with the confidence that the PRO will take me through the day and then some. As I said in another post, if it HAS to work, the PRO is your best bet. It simply doesn't fail.
    06-20-09 03:38 AM
    I just bought one and with my bold, I seem to be unable to mute the actual headset, I want to know if anyone else has that issue, when trying to do a mute on the handset or if it is just me.

I've thoroughly tested at least 10-15 different Bluetooth headsets (Blueant, Motorola, Jawbone, and Jabra...just to name a few) and none have even come close to the performance of this model.

-Superb sound (under all conditions) and a natural sound to voice. This factor was most important to me.

-Superb, stable fit. It was so comfortable, I forgot I was wearing it.

-Superb range - walked around the entire house 3,800 sq. ft. from room to room forgetting that I'd left my 8330m on the kitchen table - no static, just clarity.

-Superb battery life. I've used it a full day and there's still plenty left.

-Only issue was a slight bit of echoing, which the other party did not hear, but this apparently occurred because I was TOO close to the unit and had to set the echo setting in my BB 8330m to "on" just as an added measure against unwanted echoes.

This product is for those who simply won't settle for anything less than the best. It's not the least expensive, nor the most fashionable by many accounts, but it is well worth the price and performance. Frankly, I don't mind if my Bluetooth is a bit larger than others if the device works the way it is supposed to. Besides, the PRO is sharply designed in my opinion and I don't wear polyester leisure suits. No, I don't work for Plantronics, but I do work for the benefit of my friends here at CrackBerry. Best wishes to all!
    06-23-09 01:00 PM
    I have the voyager pro myself and a jawbone 2. I feel the performance of both are excellent but the voyager pro feels better on my ear.
    06-23-09 04:40 PM
    I am trying both right now and I can see what you all feel about the Pro it is very comfortable and solid. The one area where the Prime out performs is voice dialing, Vlingo and speaking prompts to an automated call system. the Prime was spot on and the Pro just did not cut it.

I am still undecided because I have not had the Prime long enough to evaluate battery life, which I already know is great/ much better on the Pro.

We are really lucky to have 2 such amazing devices to choose from.
    06-24-09 07:20 PM
    I did some further tests on the Voyager Pro, and I used it today with the windows in my car down, my stereo at about 75% of it's max volume and driving 65 mph down the highway, having a conversation with my girlfriend. She said she could hear me perfectly and had no issues at all with understanding me, in fact she said the music didn't even sound too loud.
    I am trying both right now and I can see what you all feel about the Pro it is very comfortable and solid. The one area where the Prime out performs is voice dialing, Vlingo and speaking prompts to an automated call system. the Prime was spot on and the Pro just did not cut it.
    Kind of funny about what you say, because when I used the Prime myself I found that it was actually worse than my Jabra 8040 BT headset at voice recognition, and it was properly fitted. I found that the Pro recognised names that normally wouldn't be recognised with any BT headset I used.
    06-24-09 10:05 PM
    I will be getting the voyager pro. Doesn't it have those ear foams things with the 3 different sizes just like what comes with the older models.
    06-27-09 08:45 PM
    I will be getting the voyager pro. Doesn't it have those ear foams things with the 3 different sizes just like what comes with the older models.
    It comes with three different size soft-gel type tips that are very easy to change out and I'm fairly certain mine came with a comfy foam cover that fits over those tips (if you choose to use it), but can't recall. In any event, the foam covers are very easy to acquire either from Radio Shack, ebay, or possibly even on this website. I use the largest of the tips that was included and cover it with a foam cover for comfort and added stability.

It's an exellent product.
    07-07-09 03:04 AM
    Read a review recently that talked about the voyager pro having a minor issue with Verizon phones. They tend to go into a power-saving standby mode on the bluetooth, and when it reconnects the VP will give a ping. The reviewer said you would need to be prepared to hear the ping quite often and that Plantronics would be releasing a special verision for verizon that would only be sold at their stores.

Verizon doesn't currently carry any version of the pro. I just switch to them to get a Tour, and am curious if anyone is using this on the tour and if you have seen the issue?

Thanks,

Joe
    07-22-09 06:08 PM
    Plantronics 925 is a piece of junk. Everyone said I sounded like I was in a tunnel. And then in only a month the wall charger stopped working. This is a piece of junk. I switched to the Jawbone Prime. Like night and day. 100 times better than the plantronics 925. Voice quality excellent on both ends. Just a better built BT. if you have to select a Plantronics, then go with the Pro and stay away from the 925. The Pro got good reviews as did the Prime.
    I beg to differ!! I have 2 Plantronics 925s and I think they are excellent. The sound quality on the 925 is superb! I have never had complaints from callers when I was using the headset. I would like to upgrade to the Voyager Pro as I had both models of the Voyager 510 but since I have bluetooth in my car and 2 working 925s, there's no real reason to make the switch. As far as the Jawbone, I have used the Jawbone 2, not the Prime...I did not care for the Jawbone because the olny time the noise cancellation feature worked properly was when the rubber sensor was touching your face, but as I would speak the sensor would lose contact with my face, making the feature worthless....
    07-23-09 12:19 PM
    I have tired many different models and manufacturers of Bluetooth headsets, however, the Plantronics Voyager Pro is hands down the very best that I have used for the Blackberry. I have tried various Motorola models over the years, Jabra, Plantronics, and of course Jawbone 1 and II. The Plantronics Voyager Pro is excellent! Call are so clear both incoming and to the other person I am talking with. The battery casing is a bit on the large side, but I'm not wearing this for fashion...I sit at a desk all day and use it while doing my job. I have tested it in the car with the radio playing and the person on the other end says they can't even hear the radio. Outside, it works great unless the wind is way up. The battery life seems great, it has different sized ear jells for different sized canals, and again the dual mike seem to make a difference in my use. I loved the Jawbones, but unless either model was touching my face, the sound to the other person was less than desirable. I have a thin face, so I was constantly trying to find the correct ear loop and ear canal fit to keep it sitting on my face. The Voyager Pro has a small boom the the dual mike is on a boom that swings up or down and doesn't have to touch your face. This fit the 1st time! I am glad I got it and would recommend it to anyone to try. Each user has different needs, this one fit mine the best...the seach is now over!
    I have been using this with my Storm for quite a while and it is still the best blue tooth headset I have ever used. For me, it is far better than Jawbone..I have yet had one person ask me if I was on a blue tooth, or or to speak up because they couldn't understand me. The volume is great and this fits my ear perfectly!
    07-27-09 07:23 AM
    I agree that sound, comfort and noise cancellation of the Voyager PRO is great. But voice commands from my Bold are disappointing. I usually have to repeat commands twice and often get the wrong contacts. I own many other bluetooth headsets and the PRO is the only one where voice commands work so poorly.

Update: Totally resolved by OS v5.0.0.348 update on my Bold.
    Last edited by ErnieH; 11-19-09 at 03:38 AM.
    07-29-09 03:53 AM
    Best one I have ever owned.

I have used the Motorola 850, 710, and H15 and I have also used the Jawbone and Jawbone 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 04:29 AM
    Read a review recently that talked about the voyager pro having a minor issue with Verizon phones. They tend to go into a power-saving standby mode on the bluetooth, and when it reconnects the VP will give a ping. The reviewer said you would need to be prepared to hear the ping quite often and that Plantronics would be releasing a special verision for verizon that would only be sold at their stores.

Verizon doesn't currently carry any version of the pro. I just switch to them to get a Tour, and am curious if anyone is using this on the tour and if you have seen the issue?

Thanks,

Joe
    Thank you for this, Joe. I was curious enough by what you shared and similar reports I'd heard from others that I called Plantronics directly this morning. I spoke to George in Tech Support and he said there is no OFFICIAL word he can give regarding Verizon specific devices at this time. PC Magazine apparently was one of the first people to report this information and Plantronics has been in touch with them, to question the validity of their claims.
    I suppose this doesn't rule out the possibility of anything Verizon specific but it at least seemed precarious that Plantronics themselves couldn't comment on this matter.
    The best they could offer at this point was to go to a cell provider or retailer and request to have them pair it with your phone and see if the documented challenges hold true for your specific model. According to their R&D team, there are only supposed to be two phones that the Voyager Pro has legitimate issues connecting to but I don't recall the models he gave me. For the record, both of them were LG not Blackberry.

George said Best Buy has historically been most cooperative with "try before you buy" but I suspect that might have more to do with how each particular store treats the situation, rather than this being true across the board. Overall, Plantronics support was pleasant to deal with and quick to answer questions where they were permitted.

Anyway, hope this helps you and anyone else that might have this problem. If not, please disregard without prejudice.

Cheers!
    07-30-09 10:24 AM
    Has anyone had any problems in relation to playing content from Sprint Tv throught your bluetooth in general...I currently have the Voyager 855, and a Curve 8330m.
    11-17-09 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD