As I promised guys, here is the video of almost every single application.

I couldn't update the software, so its running in the good old V4.7.1.12

Enjoy.

05-22-09 02:09 AM
    Good review man, sick of looking at reviews on youtube and its stupid crap music, or they dont talk. You bring character.

Love to know how you manage to get these phones early.

Its hard for me because my only BB is a storm and i want one with a physical keyboard. This looks amazing. Have you noticed any bad sides etc - bearing in mind you got the bad software ?

Thanks
    05-22-09 02:16 AM
    Good review man, sick of looking at reviews on youtube and its stupid crap music, or they dont talk. You bring character.

Love to know how you manage to get these phones early.

Its hard for me because my only BB is a storm and i want one with a physical keyboard. This looks amazing. Have you noticed any bad sides etc - bearing in mind you got the bad software ?

Thanks
    Not really... I really think this is the PERFECT blackberry.

I had the storm for 2 weeks and I completely stopped using it, because I email a lot, and I just couldn't get used to it.
    05-22-09 02:19 AM
    Not really... I really think this is the PERFECT blackberry.

I had the storm for 2 weeks and I completely stopped using it, because I email a lot, and I just couldn't get used to it.
    Im just hoping this will be on vodafone. Wouldnt happen to knwo which UK carrier will get this do you mate ?
    05-22-09 02:20 AM
    Im just hoping this will be on vodafone. Wouldnt happen to knwo which UK carrier will get this do you mate ?
    To be really honest with you, I don't know anything about its release anywhere. I am just a little brat that has the phone and decided to post videos.
    05-22-09 02:22 AM
    To be really honest with you, I don't know anything about its release anywhere. I am just a little brat that has the phone and decided to post videos.
    Ohhh, haha thanks for posting though. Never seen it before.
    05-22-09 02:23 AM
    hey is it just me or does this device even on that crap os seem much more snappy then the storm?
    05-22-09 02:44 AM
    awesome video.. hopefully you manage to get ahold of the storm 2. all the other people that got the phone early didn't seem willing to take videos like you
    05-22-09 03:56 AM

Enjoy.

the reason your getting the mobile site is 1 it looks like engadgetmobile site was your bookmark and also in browser settings you can set it so your recognized as a firefox/internet explorer browser instead of the "default blackberry" browser if the site sees that your a blackberry it can automatically kick you off to the mobile site..
    05-22-09 06:15 AM
    Thanks for the review!
    05-22-09 06:52 AM
    I'll tell you which uk network it will be on...absolutely NONE of them...why you ask??..because this is a CDMA device and not a GSM device...CDMA doesnt use sim cards whereas GSM does and all of the UK networks use GSM technology.

The 9630 is just a CDMA version of the Bold...you want something like the 9630 then i suggest you get the Bold because thats as close as your going to get to a 9630...and theres no point in importing one over because quite simply your wasting your money and secondly it wont work here on any of the UK networks.
    05-22-09 07:03 AM

Enjoy.

You can change your email settings so it deletes the email out of your mailbox + handheld, or just handheld. mail>options>email reconciliation>delete on:>select prompt.

Hope that helps.
    05-22-09 07:47 AM
    I'll tell you which uk network it will be on...absolutely NONE of them...why you ask??..because this is a CDMA device and not a GSM device...CDMA doesnt use sim cards whereas GSM does and all of the UK networks use GSM technology.

The 9630 is just a CDMA version of the Bold...you want something like the 9630 then i suggest you get the Bold because thats as close as your going to get to a 9630...and theres no point in importing one over because quite simply your wasting your money and secondly it wont work here on any of the UK networks.
    Actually the 9630 is CDMA and GSM. I would guess Vodafone would also get this device.
    05-22-09 09:16 AM
    the reason your getting the mobile site is 1 it looks like engadgetmobile site was your bookmark and also in browser settings you can set it so your recognized as a firefox/internet explorer browser instead of the "default blackberry" browser if the site sees that your a blackberry it can automatically kick you off to the mobile site..
    Yeah, that or you could just scroll to the bottom of the Engadget mobile page and click on "Full version" or "desktop version"...something like that. Btw, what OS version did you get, but havent installed yet?
    05-22-09 09:44 AM
    You can change your email settings so it deletes the email out of your mailbox + handheld, or just handheld. mail>options>email reconciliation>delete on:>select prompt.

Hope that helps.
    I tried all of that and nothing works

Sometimes, when it feels like it, it gives me the option to delete it on my mailbox, but that happens only 1% of the time.

Hopefully the new OS will fix it.
    05-22-09 01:49 PM

Sometimes, when it feels like it, it gives me the option to delete it on my mailbox, but that happens only 1% of the time.

it will the software build you have is obviously pretty old it seems..
    05-22-09 02:00 PM
    Thanks for that video. My only thought after you said "Hopefully the new OS will fix it" was Noooooo, not the Storm all over again The thing looks like my 8900 with the guitar frets like the bold. Is it the same size?
    05-22-09 02:14 PM
    Thanks for that video. My only thought after you said "Hopefully the new OS will fix it" was Noooooo, not the Storm all over again The thing looks like my 8900 with the guitar frets like the bold. Is it the same size?
    kevin's reviews have tons of pictures comparing the sizes for all the phones -- you should check them out; it's really nice. in between bold and 8900 size wise.
    05-22-09 03:04 PM
    I think the storm itself is a pretty good example of the size of the tour.. so if you haven't held many berrys but own a storm that will give you a fairly close idea of the size I think..
    05-22-09 03:09 PM
    Actually the 9630 is CDMA and GSM. I would guess Vodafone would also get this device.
    Oh right didnt realise that it was both...but i dont think Voda will get it as it will compete against the Bold which is similar to it. Voda if anything will be looking to get the Storm 2 next or the Bold replacement.

Spoke to Vodafone and asked them if they are going to be releasing the 9630 and they said as of now, they have no plans to do so as i mentioned earloier it would be in direct competition with the Bold...perhaps if they took the Bold off their system and replaced with the 9630 then yes but at the moment cant see it happening. And for that matter what good is a CDMA device going to be on a UK network when such technology no longer exists here in the UK.
    05-22-09 03:39 PM
    kevin's reviews have tons of pictures comparing the sizes for all the phones -- you should check them out; it's really nice. in between bold and 8900 size wise.
    Same size as the 8900 (could be 1/4" longer with same width/thickness/screensize). Smaller than the 9000 for sure. Good size. Am I missing something or is this basically an 8900 for CDMA without WiFi? If not what's different about them?
    05-22-09 04:31 PM
    Same size as the 8900 (could be 1/4" longer with same width/thickness/screensize). Smaller than the 9000 for sure. Good size. Am I missing something or is this basically an 8900 for CDMA without WiFi? If not what's different about them?
    This has 3G and a better keyboard. I believe it is also a better processor.
    05-22-09 04:51 PM

if you have more than one email account on there make sure you changed the option for all of them.
    05-22-09 06:09 PM
    This has 3G and a better keyboard. I believe it is also a better processor.
    I thought only ATT had 3g. I though Vzn was EVDOv1 or something like a 3g wannabe thing. Is it the Bold processor? I think that's supposedly a little faster than the 8900. I know it's got the same memory 256k.
    05-22-09 06:16 PM
    EVDO Rev A IS 3G

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 07:13 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD