I have been thinking about returning mine and using my World 8830. Still debating. I am 7 days shy of the 30 days window with VZW. I am on Lud's .141/5.0.....93 Hybrid OS and besides a few random shutdowns before I pulled the battery several times, I am not necessarily dissatisfied.

BUT, I am hearing more and more about dust under the screen. I keep it in a rubber boot in my pocket, but also have full access to canned air at work. So I am torn.

And I have not heard if Wifi is a done deal or not on the 2. While it would be a total battery waster anyway on this short mah battery, it could be a nice "sweeten the pot" feature.

What yall gots to say?

AND, I killed 5 8830 scroll wheels and am a heavy email abuser, so I think I may wear out some clickscreens now too.
    05-21-09 09:28 PM
    Return! Its just that simple.
    05-21-09 09:51 PM
    Return! Its just that simple.
    ^ this... I love my storm, but with the Storm 2 and Tour coming out this year you might wanna wait.
    05-21-09 09:57 PM
    I say return it post haste.............
    I have had mine since December and I dig it....
    I say if u can hold out do so til Sept/Nov
    05-21-09 10:01 PM
    Dont return. Get .132 or the latest OS release and enjoy your storm for the next year. It will only get better and it gives you time to let the storm 2 work out any kinks and also compare it to all the new G4 phones being released and other great phones like the new palm,,,,, in less you hate your storm,,, me i love it
    05-21-09 11:10 PM
    Zanikmonster,

I was in the same situation not too long ago .. I found myself debating taking back my Storm and just sticking with my 8830.

Basically, what I did was analyze the situation...

1. I wanted a new phone ... badly
    2. The Storm was cheap, bought 1 got another free
    3. I was skeptical of the release date for the Storm 2

The 3rd point is what you really need to consider.

Are you willing to wait [up to..] 6 months for the new Storm 2 to be released? Can you stick with your old phone until then?

Alot of people are expecting the Storm 2 to release within the next month or two .. the sad reality is that it probably wont.

But who knows, its a game of poker basically. With that being said, are you going to call everyones bluff ["Storm 2 in June, Woohoo!"] and get the Storm 1? Think about it ..
    05-21-09 11:17 PM
    Chuck it. Your chances are much better with the 8330 and waitng for a more functional/stable Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 12:56 AM
    truthfully if you keep it your stuck I would say return it but just to see how these devices coming out pan out...

then you can make a real decision because this year seems like a RIM device year for some reason..

after these launches it will probably be a little bit before there are more.
    05-22-09 02:15 AM
    i would return it and really fast
    05-22-09 05:02 AM
    Dont return. Get .132 or the latest OS release and enjoy your storm for the next year. It will only get better and it gives you time to let the storm 2 work out any kinks ,,,,, in less you hate your storm,,, me i love it
    I am 7 days shy of the 30 days window with VZW. I am on Lud's .141/5.0.....93 Hybrid OS and besides a few random shutdowns before I pulled the battery several times, I am not necessarily dissatisfied.
    I was in the same situation not too long ago .. I found myself debating taking back my Storm and just sticking with my 8830.
    Basically, what I did was analyze the situation...

1. I wanted a new phone ... badly
    2. The Storm was cheap, bought 1 got another free
    3. I was skeptical of the release date for the Storm 2

Are you willing to wait [up to..] 6 months for the new Storm 2 to be released? Can you stick with your old phone until then?

Alot of people are expecting the Storm 2 to release within the next month or two .. the sad reality is that it probably wont.
    Thinking along the same lines as me right here ^^^. I wanted a new phone, Storm was on the company as my 2 year upgrade anyway, am seeing release date (June-Sept) and will it come out like the Storm 1, buggy as ****. Then I play the OS waiting game, again. I am digging my .141/5.....93 Hybrid and I also do like the surepress the more I play with my iTouch.

Honestly, I can always buy a new BB (gasp, with my own money).
    I really don't want to go back to my 8830 though.

Chuck it. Your chances are much better with the 8330 and waitng for a more functional/stable Storm.
    ..........AND, I killed 5 8830 scroll wheels and am a heavy email abuser, so I think I may wear out some clickscreens now too.

A few are simply saying RETURN NOW!!! But without reasoning.
    I kinda dig reasoning.

Z
    05-22-09 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD