View Poll Results: Did you have a good experience with the phone you purchased off of Ebay or CL?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 84.62%
  • No

6 15.38%
    I am interested in peoples experiences when purchasing from Ebay or CL. I take a lot of calls saying it turned out terrible so I am just wondering what you think. Thanks for the opinions.
    05-21-09 07:57 PM
    I got my 8830 on ebay, didnt have a problem till last week and I had to get the insurance to send me a new one
    05-21-09 08:08 PM
    How long did you have it?
    05-21-09 08:11 PM
    I highly recommend not buying a BlackBerry from Craigslist, there has been way too many issues with stolen phones, or devices with locked ESN's...
    05-21-09 08:14 PM
    I bought mine off craigslist. I didn't even hand the person money until I called and asked sprint if the ESN was clean. I met the person inside their work and she was selling them for her company because they switched to altell or something like that. It turned out ok for me but you need to be EXTREMELY careful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 08:42 PM
    if I buy one off of Craigslist, I make the person meet me at the store while I attempt to activate it so that I know it's clear before handing over the money
    05-21-09 08:42 PM
    I got mine from ebay from a person that had a 100% positive feedback
    I looked at all the things he has sold and they have all been phones.
    I took the gamble and turned out great!!

05-21-09 09:25 PM
    I got my HTC touch diamond, Nokia N91, HTC mogul, HTC touch, and many other phones off ebay and not once I had a problem
    05-21-09 09:38 PM
    Thats cool apparently its not as bad as I thought. I just happen to get all the "I got this phone off ebay/CL fix it" calls bc of my field. Its good to hear its not all bad.
    05-21-09 09:45 PM
    I have gotten my pearl from CL and my 8830 from EBay. Both were good, and I since I bought both used from companies, I just had the seller give me the ESN and I checked it with Sprint before and money changed hands

05-21-09 10:08 PM
    I just purchased my 8330 off ebay. Like eve, I check out the seller before I purchase the phone. The seller had 100% positive feedback fr like 500 people. Also, they had tons of pictures of the actual phone and the box(displaying the ESN/pin). I called Sprint to check out the ESN/pin. Now, I will say it was not & I informed the seller of it. They were quick to get it cleared. It's all in how you go about the deal.
    05-24-09 05:29 PM
    Got my 8130 off ebay. Love it. No issues.

If you do the leg work and make sure there's a return policy (say if the ESN is bad) then you're fine!
    05-24-09 10:14 PM
    I bought my 2 Pearls on Ebay from one seller I use frequently, No problems whatsoever.
    05-25-09 04:11 AM
    Both my Curve (used) and Bold (BNIB) came from ebay and I've had no problems with either. Just make sure you deal with reputable sellers

05-25-09 06:46 AM
    My wife is wanting a BB, but we can't get an upgrade till Dec or Jan or something. So we are going to Craigslist or ebay next month to get her one. She asked me about this going wrong just last night and this is what I told her.

If we buy it from ebay, we just need to make sure that we get it from a phone seller, not some guy with a BB. The phone seller will have good feedback, and a lengthy selling history (or we won't buy from him) and I don't expect a problem.

If we go from Craigslist, I will be very apologetic to the guy cause I will ask him to have a charged battery so I can use it, test it out, take the battery out, call Sprint, ask if the ESN is clean, activate it, everything before I hand over the money. It will be an ordeal, but if everything checks out, we will be set.
    05-25-09 07:43 AM
    I bought my 8703e and 8830 WE on Ebay, Both sellers had 100% + feedback. I have had no issues with either.
    05-25-09 07:52 AM
    I Brought My Storm from a guy On CL. It was Unlocked so I didn't have to worry about If it was clean or not, but I still checked. I then got a friend that works @ Verizon to add the Phone to my buddies phone plan with insurance. We then reported the Phone stolen Days later So I got my Unlocked Storm and He got a new storm fresh from Verizon Wireless for $50.
    05-25-09 08:29 AM
    I bought my Pearl 8100 off eBay. Didn't have any "problems", it was refurbished and so dust started getting under the screen and what not (I read that is not uncommon with phones that had been worked on). So I wanted a brand spanking new one when I upgraded. My eBay deal was easy and I had the phone within a few days. I agree with everyone when they say to check out the seller and the phone and you should be okay.

05-25-09 08:44 AM
    ...add the Phone to my buddies phone plan with insurance. We then reported the Phone stolen Days later So I got my Unlocked Storm and He got a new storm fresh from Verizon Wireless for $50.
    You are what is wrong with the world. Don't ever let someone tell you different.
    05-25-09 08:52 AM
    R U okay with? I've heard of people doing
    this but have never tried it. In the past I have gotten the same model phone for a broken or damaged one.
    05-25-09 09:43 AM

I got my first Blackberry off of Ebay,but they happened to be an authorized dealer. Everything was brand new, including the sim card and never opened.
    I kept it for 2 years until I bought my 8350i. Never had any problems with the old phone, my experience was a positive one.
    05-25-09 05:54 PM
    I have had good experience, I like looking in craigslist more because you can check it out before you buy.
    05-25-09 05:56 PM
    I bought my curve 8330 off ebay with no issues
    05-25-09 06:07 PM
    Bough 8830 & 8330 off eBay.. ESN swap was a breeze, kept me out of contract.

When I ran into issues, Sprint has replaced the phone. No issues with rolling it into my existing Sprint Insurance either.
    05-25-09 09:11 PM
    Yes with no problems.
    05-26-09 09:38 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD