I have these few contacts that I want to have mute tone for no matter what, in holster or out of holster. Tonight, I am in the middle of a beautiful ribeye and the berry goes off. It was in the holster since I was at the grocery store not long ago. It's that number that I want to have muted no matter what. Made me mad.

So I go into the contacts, hit add ringtone and cannot find mute anywhere. Only the mp3's and ringtones on my media card. What might I be doing wrong on this one? I just want to mute these contacts no matter where the berry is.

Also, if there is an app that will forward a number that is calling to a pr0n line and keep their ID on that call, that would just ROCK! I doubt something like that exists. I'd been debating buying the one that will deliver a busy signal to certain numbers but haven't yet.
    05-21-09 06:47 PM
    Well, you can always make a ringtone with a few seconds of silence. If you don't have the tools required, PM me and I'll get you a copy of my silent MP3 that I used on my past Motos...
    05-21-09 06:50 PM
    Well, you can always make a ringtone with a few seconds of silence. If you don't have the tools required, PM me and I'll get you a copy of my silent MP3 that I used on my past Motos...
    Is it as simple as making a mute .wav and converting to mp3?

I found it but it was a round about PITA. Seems I had to set a random ringtone and then I was able to edit in the contact menu. Mute shows up in that menu but not the assign ringtone from the contact screen. It seemed easier on .237 when I initially set it.

Sorry about the silly post, I thought the option was gone and I was going to have to be very upset if that was the case. I am still curious if there is an app that would automatically forward these scumbags to some pr0n line. That would be hilarious.
    05-21-09 07:00 PM
    Try Youmail. It has all kinds of interesting things you can do, as well as block unwanted numbers. The bennie is that it's also a free visual voicemail app.
    05-21-09 07:50 PM
    Try Youmail. It has all kinds of interesting things you can do, as well as block unwanted numbers. The bennie is that it's also a free visual voicemail app.
    +1 for YouMail. I love it. If you upload your contacts to it from Google or such it will use the contact name in the voicemail, ie: Your buddy Mike Hunt calls you the voicemail would be a chicks voice and it would say "I'm sorry Mike Hunt, but Tallgntlmn can't get to the phone right now. Please leave your message after the beep."

Chris
    05-21-09 11:04 PM
    I can't use Youmail .... i am in Canada... boooo
    05-22-09 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD