I am trying to save my apps to the memory card. I have a 2 GB card that is totally empty. I have the setting under the options turned on for the memory card. Both the setting are on. Nothing appears to saving to the card. Thanks in advance..
    05-21-09 04:06 PM
    You can't do it yet
    05-21-09 04:07 PM
    The point of a BB is security. Putting apps or saved data on there means it cannot be erased if it is stolen and they guess the password wrong.

Personally I hope in the future RIM will allow all kinds of insecure behavior and just have it as a setting somewhere, like BUSINESS or CASUAL kinda thing.
    05-21-09 04:16 PM
    You can use Aerize Card Loader to store apps on the media card but you can't run them from the card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 04:25 PM
    Here is a OTA link for Aerize.

05-21-09 05:00 PM
    so what good is the media card Can you store pics on it Sound pretty stupid to me..
    05-21-09 07:20 PM
    you can put pics, movies, music, etc.
    05-21-09 07:25 PM
    You can use Aerize Card Loader to store apps on the media card but you can't run them from the card.

So how does that work then? Do you just move from the card back to the BB memory when you want to use the app? Sounds like a temporary thing for rarely used apps. I hope soon you can run right from the card. Would save a lot of memory.

05-21-09 10:32 PM
    Yeah, it's just for storage. If you have or download zip files for apps you can move the .cod files to your card via your PC and you can install the apps later from the card via your BB.

The latest version let's you download apps OTA straight to your card.

05-21-09 10:48 PM
    so what good is the media card Can you store pics on it Sound pretty stupid to me..
    You can replace your PMP device with your BB. In fact it replaced my Creative Zen (which I love) as my main mp3 player.
    05-21-09 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD