In december 2008 my wife bought me a present: A Blackberry Bold from Ebay, UK (we live in The Netherlands).
    She didn't know anything so I got a locked Bold, carrier Vodafone UK.
    I explained this situation to Vodafone and customer services was so kind to provide me with the NUC (unlock) code. It worked and I could use (just call and SMS) the Bold with my T-Mobile.

Now it comes:
    Now I want to use the BIS services of T-Mobile. This isn't possible since the IMEI/PIN has been registered by another carrier (according to instantemail.t-mobile.nl. (justBlackBerry Web Client with my computer, not via my Bold).
    I called Vodafone UK and explained this situation 3x (EUR 0,18/min x approx. 84 minutes...).

Vodafone says: We don't have any information regarding your IMEI/PIN in our databases so we can't unregister your phone.

?????

I told these guys that I received all the unlock information from Vodafone so it is a Vodafone phone. The phone has never been used before.

Meanwhile I tried to see what kind of message I get if I want to register at mobileemail.vodafone.net. BlackBerry Internet Service. (just with my computer, not via my Bold).
    Now I'm getting a different message (different from T-Mobile). It says that my device has not been registered yet...If you proceed this account setup....

So I can reg
    It seems that somewhere there is a sort of "pre-registration" or something. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So: Vodafone can't do anything. T-Mobile can't setup the BIS since the account is registered to anohter carrier etcetc.

WHAT TO DO???????
    I am from the Netherlands. Does it mean that I never can use the BIS from T-Mobile The Netherlands with this phone????

PLEASE HELP ME. I am desperate.
    05-21-09 01:56 PM
    Ok... this is not the same situation I had, but very very similiar...

I had an 8120 pearl sim free and used my orange service in it originally... then I switched to o2 and the problems began...

To cut a loooong story short I had to get Orange to unregister the PIN and then o2 could register it...

Try this first:

On the phone, go to setup folder then use the email settings thing, see if that works... if that doesn't work, come back and let me know and I'll do what I can to help!
    Last edited by nvious; 05-22-09 at 09:08 AM.
    05-21-09 04:14 PM
    There is no way debranding will work to give the OP a fully functional and legal phone. This was a dangerous and ill-advised suggestion.

Assuming the OP has a BlackBerry data service enabled on his SIM, my best guess is to go into Options / Advanced Options / Host Routing Table then hit the menu button and select Register Now. This should get a response from the server and a message received to confirm success.

If this works it should be possible to go to the BIS interface and setup email.
    05-22-09 07:06 AM
    There is no way debranding will work to give the OP a fully functional and legal phone. This was a dangerous and ill-advised suggestion.

Assuming the OP has a BlackBerry data service enabled on his SIM, my best guess is to go into Options / Advanced Options / Host Routing Table then hit the menu button and select Register Now. This should get a response from the server and a message received to confirm success.

If this works it should be possible to go to the BIS interface and setup email.
    My apologies for posting that... I just realised that it wouldn't work and the OP could even brick his phone...

Thanks...
    05-22-09 09:08 AM
    Hi

First you need an activated Blackberry Data plan. The T Mobile website may recognise the device once activation occurs. Failing that go to your set up icon and in there you will find and email set up icon, set up from there, whilste here create a username and password which can also be used on the TM website also.

Hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 09:19 AM
    If it hasn't been used before then it wouldnt be on the mobileemail.vodafone.net site or the databases so should be free to use on another network. You would probably best get a SIM free from Vodafone and register on the mobileemail.vodafone.net then. You shouldn't have a problem then.
    05-22-09 09:21 AM
    Please don't register on the vodafone website, it should register to T Mobile if you follow my instructions.

05-22-09 09:26 AM
    Hi

First you need an activated Blackberry Data plan. The T Mobile website may recognise the device once activation occurs. Failing that go to your set up icon and in there you will find and email set up icon, set up from there, whilste here create a username and password which can also be used on the TM website also.

Hope that helps.

You're right. First T-Mobile had to acticvate a dataplan. After activation (15 minutes) I was able to login. GREAT!
    Sorry for the late reply. Was abroad for business.

Now my T-Mobile account is working perfectly. I'm so happy.

So, Vodafone didn't have to do anything. Only the activation by Tmobile was enough.

So debranding is working! Vodafone had no objections at all. I received Tmobiles servicebooks and voila.
    06-05-09 10:13 AM
    If debranding works means i can try this on my brothers phone. cool!
    12-30-09 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD