Ok thought I'd be kinda humorous with my problem, but this is slowly becoming VERY annoying. Every so often my storm will get a wild hair up it's a$$ and my background on my main screen will be shifted to right, about a half an inch and there is only a black bar there. What it reminds me of is if you zoom in on a photo and slide it over to the right. I've not done that, my picture fits in perfect frame, and it only does it every so often.... any ideas? Also if someone could let me know of a screen shot app, I'll post a photo
    05-21-09 01:47 PM
    Ok thought I'd be kinda humorous with my problem, but this is slowly becoming VERY annoying. Every so often my storm will get a wild hair up it's a$$ and my background on my main screen will be shifted to right, about a half an inch and there is only a black bar there. What it reminds me of is if you zoom in on a photo and slide it over to the right. I've not done that, my picture fits in perfect frame, and it only does it every so often.... any ideas? Also if someone could let me know of a screen shot app, I'll post a photo
    Screen shot app: CaptureIt.

EDIT: Here is the link for the OTA download: CaptureIt OTA
    Last edited by Morf32; 05-21-09 at 01:51 PM.
    05-21-09 01:48 PM
    ok can't figure out how to use this capture it for the main screen, only menu screen
    05-21-09 02:05 PM
    ok can't figure out how to use this capture it for the main screen, only menu screen
    Set CaptureIt to one of your convenience keys... then you can use it from any screen. Just press the convenience key to take the pic, and the phone will vibrate to let you know the pic was taken.
    05-21-09 02:06 PM
    This happens to me occasionally also....only after I do a soft reset though. Not a big problem....either change the wallpaper then change it back or do a batt pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 02:09 PM
    This happens to me occasionally also....only after I do a soft reset though. Not a big problem....either change the wallpaper then change it back or do a batt pull.
    yeah but I don't want to have to do that... lol there has to be a fix

here's what I see... and also a lovely photo of the g/f
    05-21-09 02:13 PM
    Noticed same thing this morning after upgrading to 148.

Took me a while as my background was black. Changed wallpaper and corrected with the new one.
    I tried to go back to the prior one and the "shift" was still on.

Bat pull did not help with the issue for some reason.
    05-21-09 02:20 PM
    yeah but I don't want to have to do that... lol there has to be a fix

here's what I see... and also a lovely photo of the g/f
    I really think it's just a glitch, and I don't know that there's a permanent "fix". When it happens, try just resetting your home screen image and then change it back to the desired pic. That would be easier than pulling the battery or resetting the phone, if it works.
    05-21-09 02:21 PM
    yeah I can go back into photos and reset the option... just a pain to do so... hopefully my storm 2 wont do these things.. lol
    05-21-09 02:23 PM
    I have also had this problem on my Storm. Usually showed up after doing a QuickPull. After noticing that it only happens with my images and not any of the pre-loaded images that come with the Storm, I decided to try re-formatting my images to the same dimensions as the included images. I have not seen the problem on my Storm since reformatting all of my images (using Photoshop) to 360x480. I realize that Photoshop is a bit of overkill but it did solve the problem for me.

-Steven
    05-21-09 06:34 PM
    I have also had this problem on my Storm. Usually showed up after doing a QuickPull. After noticing that it only happens with my images and not any of the pre-loaded images that come with the Storm, I decided to try re-formatting my images to the same dimensions as the included images. I have not seen the problem on my Storm since reformatting all of my images (using Photoshop) to 360x480. I realize that Photoshop is a bit of overkill but it did solve the problem for me.

-Steven
    Also... just in case you didn't know... you can make/resize your own pictures using the free wallpaper maker right here on CB. It will actually email you a copy of the finished product when you're done. You just upload the picture, select which phone screen size you would like it to be, and it resizes to those dimensions. Might be quicker than using Photoshop. To get to the wallpaper maker here, just hover on the Downloads & Tools tab at the top of this page, and you will see it in the drop down box.
    05-21-09 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD