Hey all,
    I just joined the T-Mobile Family 2 days ago after being with AT&T for 2 years. I am on a very tight budget. Lets face it, the economy isn't what it was a few years ago. Anyway's, I was just curious to know if there is a good way to find a cheap 8900. I just tried out the 8220 and it simply doesn't beat the full QWERTY. I've been looking around on e-bay and still haven't found anything in my price range. Does anybody know a good online store to look at?
    I'm looking for a T-Mobile device so that I can get it insured. I am a butterfingers... I even wear grip gloves when I fly
    Thanks in advance!
    (If this isn't in the right thread than please move it. I didn't know where it should go)
    Last edited by Logylogy; 05-21-09 at 12:49 PM.
    05-21-09 12:44 PM
    How long did you try the 8220 for? SureType takes a bit of time to get use too and you can't look at the screen while you type, it will confuse you, the software is guessing your word. Look at the screen after each word.
    05-21-09 01:16 PM
    Hey all,
    I just joined the T-Mobile Family 2 days ago after being with AT&T for 2 years. I am on a very tight budget. Lets face it, the economy isn't what it was a few years ago. Anyway's, I was just curious to know if there is a good way to find a cheap 8900. I just tried out the 8220 and it simply doesn't beat the full QWERTY. I've been looking around on e-bay and still haven't found anything in my price range. Does anybody know a good online store to look at?
    I'm looking for a T-Mobile device so that I can get it insured. I am a butterfingers... I even wear grip gloves when I fly
    Thanks in advance!
    (If this isn't in the right thread than please move it. I didn't know where it should go)

Welcome to the site ! ! ! and you might want to try craigslist.org....
    05-21-09 01:16 PM
    Have you tried checking on craiglist? There are many people who may do trades... but welcome to T-Mobile and Crackberry!
    05-21-09 01:17 PM
    Amazon is running a sweet deal...well they were yesterday so i hope today also....1 cent
    05-21-09 01:32 PM
    I completely forgot about craigslist! Thanks for the advice. I had tried out the 8220 for about a month and just couldn't make it work for me. I have been using full QWERTY for way too long. I'll check out amazon as well.
    Thanks everyone!
    05-21-09 06:22 PM
    Letstalk.com has the 8900 for free
    05-21-09 10:39 PM
    T-mobile = worst company for a smart phone, slow, unreliable, most dropped calls, the only thing that is good about t-mobile is that they have good customer service which is useless if they have a bad product lol
    05-21-09 11:11 PM
    T-mobile = worst company for a smart phone, slow, unreliable, most dropped calls, the only thing that is good about t-mobile is that they have good customer service which is useless if they have a bad product lol
    i have to disagree 100% i've had a "smartphone" for 4 years now. and i've not had one problem with my 8100 (2.5yrs) my Shadow (1.5yrs) and now my 8900. My wife has a Behold - she has had no problems. and my father had shadow and now uses a 8100. with not one problem no dropped calls internet is always fast and we 99.9% of the time have signal.
    05-22-09 09:05 AM
    You're an *****.

Don't listen to this guy. I've been with T-Mo since 2003 and have been noyhing but pleased, while I always hear about my other friends' horror stories with ATT, Sprint, and Verizon.
    05-23-09 09:24 AM
    and just like every other carrier it depends on where u are located and how the reception is in YOUR area. Don't be ignorant. I happen to LOVE tmobile and never have issues. I have a 8320 and have for a year and love it. And i've had TMO for like 8+ years, so it all depends where u are. Sprint happens to SUCK here, but I know other places it works well. Do u know how I know that? Because I am not an ldiot and happen to understand its all your area and such.
    05-23-09 09:42 AM
    speaking of the 8320, why don't u see if u can get a good deal on one of those? i know the 8900 is way better, but if u have no luck, it would still be better than a pearlie. i hate sure type. it's so annoying. IMO. again, personal preferance
    05-23-09 09:44 AM

I have to disagree with you there. I have had T-mobile for about two years. I have never had a problem with them when it comes to having a smartphone. You probably just have poor coverage in your area. They are affordable, reliable, and I have never had an issue when it comes to service.
    05-23-09 10:34 AM
    Perhaps TMO does suck. Dropped calls and calls with lots of static type noise; and too often, my internet connection is spotty at best; at times it won't even connect (even while the phone is in EDGE). And this is in an area that gets at least three bars of coverage! Oh, and I have an 8900. Is this particular model problematic?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by liljkc; 06-03-09 at 11:54 PM.
    06-03-09 11:52 PM
    I have been with Tmob since 2003 no problems signal keeps getting better as they add more towers. Have you tried calling CS and talking to someone there about trading in for a 8900, Tell them how long you have had what you have and that you just really do not like it and want they full QWERTY board, retentions should work with you.
    06-04-09 07:53 AM
    Yeah, they say there's nothing they can do, seeing that I kive in the second largest metro area in the state. They told me to update to the latest OS, which sounds like a load of BS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 09:40 AM
    Too bad that u already open the new account, if not amazon offer 8900 for 1 cents with new activation
    06-04-09 03:40 PM
    SPRINT/NEXTEL SUCKS had it for two years and hated there service!
    06-05-09 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD