Anyone else that uses Vlingo getting a "network error" when trying to use it?

It started at about 7:30am CST.

Thanks
    Shayne
    05-20-09 10:10 AM
    Same thing happened to me. Go to options,network,run test. This will fix it. My connection type was direct TCP. It changed after run test to BIS and started working again.
    05-20-09 11:52 AM
    I am also getting this error. I tried to do the run test in options and also got a error. I wonder if their servers are down?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 01:32 PM
    everybody I know is having problems today. I'm using version 2.0. Ya think they want us to upgrade to the paid version???
    05-20-09 03:01 PM
    I figured they no longer were supporting the free one and deleted it.

It kinda sucks anyway though
    05-20-09 03:02 PM
    yup me too. And they wont respond to a support ticket. Nice company. Probably because version 2.1 was free. I wonder if they will support the paid version any differently. Probably not.
    05-20-09 03:23 PM
    Personally I would pay for an upgraded version, however they are not offering anything that 2.1 does not already have. I wonder if behavior similar to what we believe is occuring could be considered fraudulent. I mean offering an ap for free and not stating that you will stop it from working in the future when you decide it is time to charge for it. Bait and switch?
    05-20-09 03:26 PM
    They mentioned on their website that they can't promise it will always be free.

It really doesn't work that great anyway. By the time you fix the mistakes you could have typed it out yourself.
    05-20-09 03:41 PM
    Try deleting the old version of vlingo and download the new 3.0 version. I think you will like it much better.
    05-20-09 04:02 PM
    Try deleting the old version of vlingo and download the new 3.0 version. I think you will like it much better.

Anyone else that uses Vlingo getting a "network error" when trying to use it?

It started at about 7:30am CST.

Thanks
    Shayne
    05-20-09 04:04 PM
    Hello Vlingo Users!

We apologize for the inconvenience that some of you experienced today with Vlingo 2.0. You may have received an error saying that Vlingo 2.0 is no longer in service. This was an operational problem affecting Vlingo’s servers for a period of time today. The problem has been corrected and you should no longer see the error. Vlingo is happy to continue to support Vlingo 2.0.

If you still see problems, please contact Vlingo Support.
    05-20-09 04:23 PM
    I was still having a problem but did the run test mentioned above and it also changed mine to BIS and it started working again.
    05-20-09 06:31 PM
    Hello Vlingo Users!

We apologize for the inconvenience that some of you experienced today with Vlingo 2.0. You may have received an error saying that Vlingo 2.0 is no longer in service. This was an operational problem affecting Vlingo�s servers for a period of time today. The problem has been corrected and you should no longer see the error. Vlingo is happy to continue to support Vlingo 2.0.

If you still see problems, please contact Vlingo Support.
    Yup, mine is working again. Got this email too:

Hello,

If you have Vlingo 2.0 on your phone, and used Vlingo on Wednesday, May 20 between the hours of 6:01 a.m. and 3:44 p.m. Eastern U.S. time, Vlingo may have returned an error saying that Vlingo 2.0 is no longer in service. This was an operational problem affecting Vlingo's servers during that time window. The problem has been corrected and you should no longer see the error.
    05-21-09 11:49 AM
    Man, I wish I would have known that before I upgraded to vlingo 3 free edition.

I tried the vlingo.com/revert and it wont download the link for me..

Now it seems I am going to have to pay for the upgrade.
    05-21-09 01:03 PM
    I went back to vlingo options and changed my connection back to direct TCP to see if it woukl work. It worked and seemed to be a little faster than BIS.
    05-22-09 08:00 AM
    The demand for Vlingo 3.0 from BlackBerry users has greatly exceeded our expectations. We have had an overwhelming amount of interest in the latest version of Vlingo so we apologize for the delay in responding to user support requests. We appreciate your interest in Vlingo and value you as a user. Please continue to support Vlingo and know that we are working on all support tickets and will get in touch with you as soon as a possible. We hope you’ll be using Vlingo soon!
    05-22-09 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD