So I got the wonderful blackberry storm the very first hour of the very first day it was released back in November. Since then I have gone through 4 Storms for various reasons. I opened up my email last month and I had a message from Verizon like I do every month for my bill. This was no ordinary bill I have a bill for 51,648.38 cents. Apparently when I called customer service a few weeks back to do an esn swap they didnt carry the data plan over and I got charged for every bit of data that I used. I called customer service and they said it was a billing issue and they would credit my account back. 6 weeks have now passed and I got my new bill for this month I now owe 52,644.52 cents. Verizon decided to charge me a 744 late fee for not paying the full amount on the previous bill. I called customer service they apologized and they said that late fee will be credited back with the other 51,000 dollars as soon as possible. Well today I went to take a picture with my storm and the camera will not work the lens is out of position. I also noticed the led is no longer working. I called verizon for a replacement phone and they tell me they cant send me a new phone cause my account is under review for the credit. I ask when this is going to be resolved they told me it may be another 4-8 weeks because it is such a large amount. I just said thank you and hung up the phone. A few hours went by I pick up my phone to call my parents to see how they are doing just to a little chit chat and my phone went right to verizon saying my phone wasnt active. I grabbed my girlfriends phone to call verizon and I was informed because my account was passed due they shutoff my phone!!!!!!! Well thats been my last 2 months How has everyone else been? lol if anyone has any advice about my bill and how to get this credited back faster i would love some input! thanks everyone
    05-19-09 04:34 PM
    52,644? wtf are you doing with your phone. You could have bought a new car.
    05-19-09 04:36 PM
    So I got the wonderful blackberry storm the very first hour of the very first day it was released back in November. Since then I have gone through 4 Storms for various reasons. I opened up my email last month and I had a message from Verizon like I do every month for my bill. This was no ordinary bill I have a bill for 51,648.38 cents. Apparently when I called customer service a few weeks back to do an esn swap they didnt carry the data plan over and I got charged for every bit of data that I used. I called customer service and they said it was a billing issue and they would credit my account back. 6 weeks have now passed and I got my new bill for this month I now owe 52,644.52 cents. Verizon decided to charge me a 744 late fee for not paying the full amount on the previous bill. I called customer service they apologized and they said that late fee will be credited back with the other 51,000 dollars as soon as possible. Well today I went to take a picture with my storm and the camera will not work the lens is out of position. I also noticed the led is no longer working. I called verizon for a replacement phone and they tell me they cant send me a new phone cause my account is under review for the credit. I ask when this is going to be resolved they told me it may be another 4-8 weeks because it is such a large amount. I just said thank you and hung up the phone. A few hours went by I pick up my phone to call my parents to see how they are doing just to a little chit chat and my phone went right to verizon saying my phone wasnt active. I grabbed my girlfriends phone to call verizon and I was informed because my account was passed due they shutoff my phone!!!!!!! Well thats been my last 2 months How has everyone else been? lol if anyone has any advice about my bill and how to get this credited back faster i would love some input! thanks everyone
    sounds like you need to give verizon a lil muff punt.

verizon sucks so much i hate it.
    05-19-09 04:37 PM
    WOW

I've heard the various Verizon problems but this one takes the cake!!

holy shatner! that's the worst situation I've heard!

dude i really feel for you... i would be livid

wow
    05-19-09 04:38 PM
    Wow. If I got a bill from Verizon for $50,000 that they did not fix immediately, I would be demanding contact information for the CEO.

You should seriously make sure that this is not effecting your credit report/score.
    05-19-09 04:45 PM
    My phone was my lifeline 2 months ago, I was working for a oil company as a lease inspector. The kicker was the guy that was supposed to work the west and midwest just stopped working he did not call in or anything so i was forced to do his job plus mine. I was flying every single day across the country and driving rental cars out to the middle of no where looking at land we had leased to make sure leases were legal and all that good stuff. So my phone was constantly using google maps, that uses data, radio streaming cause have you ever tried listening to the radio in montana or wyoming? Slacker radio comedy channel kept me company on those drives. Sitting at the airport wondering why i hated my life i would go to fox.com or abc.com and watch the episode of 24 or lost that i missed. I did that alot again uses data. Sorry for the spelling errors i am at the aiport right now and i am just exhausted lol
    05-19-09 04:56 PM
    Whoa wait, so the whole month that they didn't transfer the data over to the new phone? I thought that when you activate the phone the system automatically puts you on the business data plan unless you specifically tell them you don't want that one. Geez, that blows for sure! I would be livid and going on websites like consumerist and make for damn sure that someone hears the gross error and fixes it asap.
    05-19-09 05:22 PM
    The System is supposed to automatically put you on the 45 dollar data plan I think thats the current price. for one reason or another that didnt happen and i had no data. I am just getting nervous about how long its taking to credit back i am starting to lose my mind!
    05-20-09 02:39 PM
    Umm...anyone else notice he said "51,648.38 cents", not dollars. That's only $516.484.

That's still a very expensive bill!
    05-20-09 02:55 PM
    Umm...anyone else notice he said "51,648.38 cents", not dollars. That's only $516.484.

That's still a very expensive bill!
    Good catch
    05-20-09 02:58 PM
    no its the dollar range boys that was a typo on my part. my bill is for 51 thousand 648 dollars and 38 cents!
    05-20-09 03:15 PM
    its now up to 52,644.42 because they charged me a late fee.
    05-20-09 03:16 PM
    Dude if I was you I would call them back and speak with the CSRs supervisor and keep calling until your positive the situation is resolved. Even better if possible I would go to a corp. store and have them help you. That's insane!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 10:43 PM
    Wow that sucks. I can say this for sure, if my carrier's error resulted in me getting a 50k bill and they didn't have it fixed in two months I would be knocking down executives doors to get it taken care of. Once that happened I would cancel my service with them, demand that they eat their ETF and go to another company.

Mistakes happen, but they don't take 2 months to correct.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 10:51 PM
    Try to get one of those low life lawyers that would give anything to sue a big corporation like VZW. I know I would

Good luck
    05-20-09 10:51 PM
    oh come on, just pay the bill already !

don't you have a house or something you could sell to cover it ?

05-21-09 03:10 AM
    According CS the call center is only approved to credit so much money back. Amounts this large have to credited back by corporate and that is why its taking so long. I call every Monday and Friday to ask about whats being done with my account and i get the same response. It will be credited back its just going to take some time because everything is being done at the corporate level. I have a friend that works at a store and he told me the same thing there is nothing he can do its in corporates hands and my life goes on........
    05-22-09 06:37 PM
    Glad i left Verizon and the Storm! I did call ahead of time to makes sire what it was going to cost me! I really feel for you... I wouldn't be able to sleep at night!
    05-22-09 11:31 PM
    For the person that asked if this effects my credit and had me even more worried than before (lol) it does not effect your credit inless verizon reports it. Just thought i would share that if anyone was interested.
    05-26-09 12:39 PM
    Jesus Christ on a crutch!! That is one of those stories that would be on the 6 o clock news lol. You really should make Verizon pay for this. Maybe a free Tour for you?
    05-26-09 02:31 PM
    You need to see if VZW can put a limit on your phone i.e. When my account reaches $xxx.xx, my service is disconnected. Years ago, I had sprint put that on my account so that way I would not have to battle with them over absurd charges. My phone bill usually around 80 bucks so I had my limit at 125. One time I reached my limit and the phone got shut off. Called them to find out why, turns out I was being charged for the internet with a plan. So it took about an hour or so but got everything cleared up and refunded since it was an error on their part. I'd rather have them turn my phone off and them credit my account 40 bucks than to take weeks trying to get them to refund 50k
    05-26-09 02:42 PM
    Hey, speaking of Channel 7--don't they have a segment that helps consumers who are in outrageous situations??
    05-26-09 03:34 PM
    Ohhhhhhhh man; wow that is a nightmare.
    I would go and post this in the VZW forums.
    U might get some more help there as well.
    Good luck; ouch...
    I would also go into a store as well maybe they can help.
    05-26-09 03:43 PM
    pix or it didn't happen

user error

jk guys, this sucks. i'm confident that the issue will be resolved ASAP. just escalate, and don't settle for a post-dated credit. demand an immeidate credit on the account before you hang up.

now with that said, expect for it to be escalated offline, but by stating your position that way, you're establishing your position. when you get a Sup, hold your ground for a good 10 mins, then concede, "okay, follow up is okay, but i want a DAILY update on the status..."

and get everyone's name that you speak to...
    05-26-09 04:46 PM
    Time to go to AT&T. After my 5th Storm and dealing with Verizons **** poor customer service I just switched to AT&T and love my Bold! They are the biggest idiots!
    05-26-09 07:46 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD