05-19-09 11:27 AM
    they are mock phones... i have one, but i didn't get it from cnn.cn
    05-19-09 11:28 AM
    I know that, just the definition of a dummy phone is more of the laughable part, maybe something for iphone addicts to obtain.... LOL
    05-19-09 11:38 AM
    Dummy phones are used my mall stands for service providers who dont want to deal with people stealing phones, best buy, invisibleshield (and others) to train their employees on applying the product. People like that.
    05-19-09 11:51 AM
    Dummy phones are used my mall stands for service providers who dont want to deal with people stealing phones...
    I was in a cell store once and a guy was in arguing with the staff and trying to get his phone activated. He was an immigrant teenager and this was his first cellphone. He didn't understand why they refused to activate his phone and was getting upset. It turned out they couldn't activate his phone because it was a dummy unit and had no electronics inside. Someone had stolen a display model and sold it to him, saying something like they couldn't show it working to him since it needed to be activated first. Kind of felt bad for the guy.

I wonder if they sell dummy, dummy phones so that the dummy phones won't get stolen...
    05-19-09 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD