Doesn't give an exact location on where you are with gps enabled? This defeats the whole purpose of getting directions when lost.
    05-19-09 10:58 AM
    Samething on the curve 8330
    05-19-09 11:00 AM
    some people get real GPS functionality with google maps on their BBs. On my storm, all I ever get is the location of the nearest cell tower. So I don't use it much. Not sure if a app reload might fix it

and yes, I have GPS = Location On all the time
    05-19-09 11:02 AM
    I get pin point accuracy with google maps on my storm. Even a blue arrow indicating the direction of travel. Latitude is a different story. You guys are using google maps 3.0.2 right?
    05-19-09 11:05 AM
    I get intermittent pin point accuracy. Not sure why though...
    05-19-09 11:07 AM
    Running Google Maps 3.0.2 and I can usually get within 3 meters of the actual location.

With the prior versions of Google Maps (If I remember correctly) the accuracy was not accurate, but haven't had any issues recently with location.

And agree with zeiroe, Latitude doesn't seem to be that accurate.
    05-19-09 11:10 AM
    Running Google Maps 3.0.2 and I can usually get within 3 meters of the actual location.

With the prior versions of Google Maps (If I remember correctly) the accuracy was not accurate, but haven't had any issues recently with location.

And agree with zeiroe, Latitude doesn't seem to be that accurate.
    I am using an earlier version. Do you know where I can get an updated one? Thanks
    05-19-09 11:15 AM
    I am using an earlier version. Do you know where I can get an updated one? Thanks
    You can get an updated version from Google. Go to google.com/gmm then on the top, there is a link to d/l 3.0.2 to the phone.

If you need any more help or direction, just let us know!
    05-19-09 11:33 AM
    Bump please?
    05-19-09 11:35 AM
    I just opened the google maps app on my storm and it is giving me my location within 3 meters. You can install it OTA by going to m.google.com/maps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 12:48 PM
    I get a creepy level of accuracy with gps... i can tell what part of what room I'm sitting in at home. With no gps lock its usually not terrible, I can find where I am pretty quick but it's definitely not as accurate. I'm using 3.0.2 on the 4.7.0.75 OS. Sorry, dont remember where I found the link... I know it was on the forums here.
    05-19-09 12:53 PM
    The older versions didn't have GPS only Cell tower triangulation.

M.google.com/maps on your BB will get you the application(As said in previous posts).
    05-19-09 02:20 PM
    On my storm, all I ever get is the location of the nearest cell tower. So I don't use it much. Not sure if a app reload might fix it
    I deleted it and reinstalled OTA from Redirect (m . google . com/maps, CB gets this link as "redirect" ) This time when it first ran, I got a pop up that asked if I wanted to let it access radio information that could be used to divulge my location to others. I wonder if the first time I installed it I said no. This time I said yes, and I was able to get GPS lcoation within a few meters.

I did a comparison as I was walking the dog, and it seemed like BB maps updated my location more real time than google maps did, but both did.
    05-19-09 06:21 PM
    Usually about 3 meters here too. Usually takes a min or so..sometimes it doesn't sync at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 06:28 PM
    I can't get Google Maps to install. Message says "Due to connection problem, ... "

Is this just Verizon's way of locking out the app?

Thanks.
    05-19-09 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD