Just wanted to see if anyone else has been experiencing problems with the Facebook app. For some reason, I've stopped receiving notifications to my Curve as of last Thursday. It was working beautifully prior to, and in fact, it still allows me to check Status Updates and post my own. I'm just not receiving anything.

I've now done a couple battery pulls, deleted and re-installed the app, and still nothing.

Anyone having similar issues? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

--Dante
    05-19-09 10:52 AM
    Did you change your email notification settings over at FB? In order for the BB FB app to work, your FB email notifications need to be delivered to an email address associated with your BB.

If you've turned off email notifications or changed it so your FB email notifications don't go to a email associated with your BB, then it won't work correctly.
    05-19-09 11:35 AM
    I actually do have it sync'd to the right e-mail. As I said, it just suddenly stopped receiving notifications all of the sudden. Nothing changed at all in terms of the settings. Just very odd...
    05-19-09 12:03 PM
    Log into your carriers BIS page and resend your service books. I was using my Yahoo account for my Facebook notifications, but noticed Yahoo has delays and down time periodically. I switched it over to my Gmail account and all is fine....
    05-19-09 12:06 PM
    First check the email account that the notifications are being sent to to make sure that they aren't being reported as spam. It seems that is where most of these problems are coming from.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 12:14 PM
    I am having the same issue with Facebook on my Storm. It worked great up until the latest update. I think something occurred with the update.
    05-19-09 12:41 PM
    I'm sick of the Facebook app not working right.
    Just open your browser and point to m.facebook.com. Best way out!
    05-19-09 12:47 PM
    I'm glad I found this thread. I came here looking to see if anyone else was having similar problems, and my suspicions were right. I will try these fixes and thank you to all who suggested them.
    05-19-09 07:14 PM
    Let us know if you have any other issues with the application...
    05-19-09 07:15 PM
    I've been having the same issues as Dante. At some point in the past couple of days, I stopped receiving the FB notifications. I haven't changed any settings or anything.

I'll try to resend the service books to see if that works...
    05-19-09 08:37 PM
    Thats pretty weird, after the update right after 1.5 came out, mine has been working flawlessly
    05-19-09 08:57 PM
    One thing I noticed after upgrading to 1.5 is that all the notifications I used to receive in the facebook app stopped. Things like friend requests, etc and now I cannot get them back. I can get SMS messages with the same info, but those clutter up my text inbox.
    I had changed the email setting on FB but that was a month ago and I am getting regular email through that account. I do however have a rule setup to move FB emails to a Facebook folder, however that was not a problem until the new version of the app came out. Something was changed within the app.

I will update the service books and see if that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 09:57 AM
    SOme people in another thread also said that their email provider wasnt allowing facebook emails through(and that just started recently). For instance comcast, wasnt allowing them to go through and yahoo takes forever to deliver them(so they are not real time). Most people switched to gmail and everything worked fine. I actually went to my @tmo.blackberry.net email and I know I won't have problems
    Last edited by theanswer3; 05-25-09 at 10:39 AM.
    05-25-09 10:33 AM
    i have same problems... stopped receiving notifications like comments, walls, photo comments etc etc...

can anyone guide me to set the email notifications thing?

thanks guys!
    06-04-09 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD