By default, the first letter will appear in upper case.
    Is there a way to overide this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 03:07 AM
    I think the only way to do this would be to omit punctuation. Why would you want to type in all lower case anyway? Don't be embarassed because your phone is smarter than your friend's phone.
    05-19-09 03:30 AM
    hit backspace and type it again. Works for me.
    05-19-09 07:59 AM
    there is an option actually. i believe you go to options and i think its under autotext or one of those options and you can take it away from capitalizing the first letter.

someone with a BB in hand verify this for me.
    05-19-09 08:02 AM
    hit backspace and type it again. Works for me.
    Yeah thats all i do too as i dislike the fact that you type a sentence no period and then the next line starts off with a capital letter. I am like thats not right, thats not suppose to happen...

It does as the built in program does not realize your only typing a long long long sentence....
    05-19-09 08:14 AM
    Frankly, I see these as positive features rather than impediments. The BlackBerry was designed for people who need to use proper punctuation and grammar in their email correspondence.
    05-19-09 08:28 AM
    Not understanding why any one would want to type in all lower case. I wish my computer did this for me. I have typed a entire email to co-workers using my cpu and had to go back and fix the caps and punctuation because using my bold it does it for me. So againg why wouls you want to do this.

05-19-09 09:29 AM
    some people don't understand why we want to able type all lowercase.
    not because embarrassed or not know that "The BlackBerry was designed for people who need to use proper punctuation and grammar in their email correspondence."

but sometimes we need to type all lowercase.
    some technical IT documents, for example..
    or just he.. he.. he.. and BB always capital the first
    letter after "."
    10-12-09 06:55 PM
    Not understanding why any one would want to type in all lower case. I wish my computer did this for me. I have typed a entire email to co-workers using my cpu and had to go back and fix the caps and punctuation because using my bold it does it for me. So againg why wouls you want to do this.

ee cummings made a whole career out of it
    10-12-09 08:10 PM
    I so wish my PC could do this, I often find myself hitting space twice while at work to get a period.
    10-12-09 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD