I searched in the forums for this, and didn't find an answer.....

How can you create a calendar event (meeting, specifically), and send an invitation to someone else via your BB? Does it matter if you're on BIS or BES? (I'm on BIS, my BF is on BES, and neither one of us have figured out how to do this). Also, if a calendar event is sent from outlook desktop, there isn't any way to "accept" or "decline" with or without comment, but the meeting automatically goes to the calendar??
    03-10-08 09:01 AM
    anyone ever figure this out?
    10-19-08 07:03 PM
    Calendar / New / menu / Invite Attendee works on BES. I can't check it on BIS. If you delete a meeting invite on your BlackBerry, without accepting or declining, the meeting will still go on your Outlook calendar as tentative. I consider that a feature, not a bug, since if you accidentally delete a calendar invite, you still have the meeting on your Outlook Calendar.
    10-19-08 10:47 PM
    I am on BIS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-08 06:32 AM
    You can do the same as Jeff said on BIS. Go to the calendar, open an appointment, then go to Menu, Invite attendee.
    10-20-08 06:46 AM
    ok...i am planning on buying the storm & was playing with the emulator & did not see that option. I guess I'll just have to wait & see. thanks for the quick responses.

10-20-08 07:21 AM
    This also works from any email. I tested it with another Gmail account and a work account, I can accept, deny meeting invites.
    10-20-08 03:40 PM
    yep - it works the same on BIS
    10-20-08 06:22 PM
    Ha that is awesome. Thanks for the tip.

10-20-08 06:56 PM
    Advice above works like a charm w/ one exception. I have personal email setup for my BB for a number of accounts. Depending on the appointment, I want the invitation to be sent from a different account. As of now, all invitations are sent from a single personal email account (coincidentally, the last one I added). I can see the BB Calendar supports appointments associated to multiple email accounts as the appointments are color coded (default calendar has one color, the personal email calendar has another) and I can control the colors. I don't know how to determine from which account to send the appointment at the time I create it. Any ideas?
    03-04-09 02:33 PM
    Ok, think I figured it out. Apparently, not all personal email services support calendar invitation capability. In addition to my wireless service (AT&T) email service, I have three personal email services: gmail (personal), gmail (apps), and an opensource business email service. Only the gmail (apps) service supports calendar invitations. When I delete this personal email account I lose the ability to invite attendees to appointments. As a result, I only have one service capable of sending an invitation. Apparently, if I had more, I would have a choice. Specifically, the default service is specified in Settings | Options | Advanced Options | Default Services | Calendar (CICAL).
    03-04-09 03:28 PM
    I used to be able to invite people to my events on my calendar and now all of a sudden I do not have that same option. Any advice?
    04-06-11 04:42 PM
    I used to be able to invite people to my events on my calendar and now all of a sudden I do not have that same option. Any advice?
    I'm in the same boat. I can't send invites anymore. It may even be since updating my torch to .570 Can anyone confirm that it may be an issue with .570?

Thanks

05-27-11 02:53 PM
    Same here.

I had this service for my gmail personal account. Two days ago i reinstalled the OS 6.0 and it stopped working.

My sis has the very same phone and her personal gmail account works fine inviting attendees.

Maybe this helps find the solution: When i go to calendar options, I have two accounts, "BB groups" (its a calendar account from a group in BB messenger) and "default".

My sister, she has BB groups as well, but she has her gmail account there instead of default.

I have burnt my brains trying to remove or replace the "default" calendar with my gmail calendar, but I cannot find out how.

I have the hunch that if I can make my google calendar accoutn appear there, the problem will be fixed.
    05-30-11 06:14 PM
    only person that I can't send to is my wife, and I just updated her phone today. It was working before the update....
    08-22-11 09:38 PM
    Weird I can send invites from all but my default address suddenly. This is new and I haven't done an update in ages.

09-09-11 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD