I am having a big problem with duplicate entries in my address book and calendar. In some cases I have 5 or more of the same entry. Is there something on either the blackberry or outlook side that can eliminate duplicate entries?
    03-09-08 11:43 PM
    I have had this happen, especially in the Calendar.

Do this: Get you Outlook data and calendar correct as you desire. It is easier to edit in Outlook. Delete the deuplicates, etc., then follow this FAQ guidelines:
    How to Clear/Delete all your Address/Calendar items at once - BlackBerryFAQ.com

Then resync your Address Book back from outlook to your BB.
    03-09-08 11:46 PM
    This link is broken. Can someone direct me to the answer to this question as I am experiencing the same problem?
    03-17-08 10:52 AM
    How to Clear/Delete all your Address/Calendar items at once
    From BlackBerryFAQ.com

ONLY do this if you have a complete and clean database in MS Outlook or Excel from which you can re-sync your data to the BB.

A user might find his contacts have all been duplicated on the BB, or calendar is not syncing... this is a good fix for that.

Before doing so, make sure your data in Outlook (or other database) is clean and not corrupt.

THIS PROCEDURE WILL COMPLETELY DELETE THE INTENDED DATABASE FROM YOUR BB -- HAVE A BACKUP.

1. Connect your BB via USB to your PC, and Open Desktop Manager on your PC.

2. Open up Backup/Restore > Advanced.

3. From Advanced you'll see a split pane screen. You won't see anything in the left pane. In the right pane will be the databases currently on your handheld device.

4. Highlight on the right side your Address Book database (OR your Calendar database) and click the CLEAR button at the bottom of that screen.

5. After it's finished, close the Backup/Restore window, and check the device to make sure the address book (or calendar) has properly cleared out.

6. Now, re-sync the necessary contact (or calendar information) from Outlook (or your database) and you should be set to go.

Thanks to BlackShyft02 @ BlackBerryForums.com for contributing to this FAQ.
    03-17-08 11:57 AM
    How to Clear/Delete all your Address/Calendar items at once
    From BlackBerryFAQ.com

ONLY do this if you have a complete and clean database in MS Outlook or Excel from which you can re-sync your data to the BB.

A user might find his contacts have all been duplicated on the BB, or calendar is not syncing... this is a good fix for that.

Before doing so, make sure your data in Outlook (or other database) is clean and not corrupt.

THIS PROCEDURE WILL COMPLETELY DELETE THE INTENDED DATABASE FROM YOUR BB -- HAVE A BACKUP.

1. Connect your BB via USB to your PC, and Open Desktop Manager on your PC.

2. Open up Backup/Restore > Advanced.

3. From Advanced you'll see a split pane screen. You won't see anything in the left pane. In the right pane will be the databases currently on your handheld device.

4. Highlight on the right side your Address Book database (OR your Calendar database) and click the CLEAR button at the bottom of that screen.

5. After it's finished, close the Backup/Restore window, and check the device to make sure the address book (or calendar) has properly cleared out.

6. Now, re-sync the necessary contact (or calendar information) from Outlook (or your database) and you should be set to go.

Thanks to BlackShyft02 @ BlackBerryForums.com for contributing to this FAQ.

that worked perfect Sunkast. Thanks!!
    07-27-09 12:12 PM
    Thanks so much it worked for me too!
    08-24-09 12:12 PM
    I used an app from the Blackberry App World to clean up my address book. It worked like a champ. It's called Contacts Cleaner.
    01-25-10 09:55 AM
    Thanks for the tip Jack. I just downloaded Contacts Cleaner. It cleaned up my address book within a few minutes. The nice part? You can always hit restore on the menu screen and you get all of your duplicate entries back. I don't think you'll ever need it, but it gave me a sense of comfort just in case.

I made the purchase from Apps World on my device.
    01-29-10 02:42 PM
    go to your contacts then options then general options "allow duplicate names no"
    01-29-10 03:09 PM
    go to your contacts then options then general options "allow duplicate names no"
    The other thing to do/look out for

go to your manage email > g-mail > sync options > and make sure the "contacts" block is unchecked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 03:15 PM
    My outlook and blackberry had multiple contacts that were duplicates and triplicates, plus contacts that would have some information in one entry and the rest in another. I wasn�t able to find a solution anywhere until I stumbled upon this fix myself. This may seem like a long way around, but it was the only thing I was able to do that finally corrected the problem. You will need a Gmail account for this fix.

Step 1. Create a CSV file of your outlook contacts.

Step 2. Import all your outlook contacts into your Gmail account using your newly created csv file. Gmail will then merge and/or delete any duplicates. At this point, you may want to go through the newly uploaded Gmail contact folder to verify all your duplicates have been removed.

Step 3. Once you�ve verified you no longer have any duplicates, create a csv file from your Gmail contacts. Make sure to save this file under a different name than the outlook csv file you created earlier, to avoid confusion later.

Step 4. Go back to outlook and delete all your contacts on outlook (To delete your contacts - open your contact list in outlook, click file, scroll down to select all, then when all your contacts are highlighted, right click on your mouse, scroll down to delete, and all the contacts will be deleted)

Step 5. Now that your outlook contact folder is empty, import your newly created Gmail contacts csv file to outlook. This step is the same as when you imported your contacts into Gmail. You know have a duplicate free contact list on outlook.

This last step is for those who also have those duplicates on their blackberries.

Step 1. Open your desktop manager and connect your blackberry to your computer. Before going to step two, I recommend doing a full blackberry backup.

Step 2. Through your desktop manager, delete ONLY your blackberry address book.

Step 3. In desktop manager, synchronize your blackberry to your outlook. This step will upload your newly duplicate free outlook contact folder to your blackberry address book.

PROBLEM SOLVED!
    03-17-11 05:33 PM
    There's a couple apps that will combine your contacts based on the contact info. Check them out in the CB store.
    03-17-11 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD