Anyone know how to wipe the ROM from an unlocked AT&T Bold?
    Need answers ASAP
    05-18-09 01:28 AM
    This may sound dumb coming from me, but the ROM is the OS, right? If so, you can use CrackMem to do it.

Chris
    05-18-09 01:35 AM
    As suggested you can use CrackMem or you can use Jl Cmder. I'm not sure why you want to wipe the OS as when you load a new OS it will still have AT&T branding.

Yes, the ROM is where the OS is stored.

ROM = Read Only Memory
    05-18-09 01:42 AM
    As suggested you can use CrackMem or you can use Jl Cmder. I'm not sure why you want to wipe the OS as when you load a new OS it will still have AT&T branding.

Yes, the ROM is where the OS is stored.

ROM = Read Only Memory
    Thought so. I knew I was correct, but my current exhausted state, even though I'm only three hours into my shift, is making me 2nd guess myself. As a 2nd level dedicated server technical support representative, I should know that by heart, lol.

Chris
    05-18-09 01:44 AM
    I work around micro processors that their OS or operating instructions are loaded into PROM (Usually EEPROM)

EEPROM = Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory
    05-18-09 01:50 AM
    I work around micro processors that their OS or operating instructions are loaded into PROM (Usually EEPROM)

EEPROM = Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory
    Fun stuffs. What are they typically installed in?

Chris
    05-18-09 02:07 AM
    Gas/Steam Turbine and Diesel controls.
    05-18-09 02:10 AM
    Gas/Steam Turbine and Diesel controls.
    Very cool. Mind if I ask what it is that you actually do?

Totally hijacked this thread, lol.

Chris
    05-18-09 02:16 AM
    I've recently changed jobs, now I'm a shop supervisor in a repair center. For 18 years I was a control systems field service rep for a company that manufactures steam turbines and compressors. Prior to that I was an electrician in the Navy for 12 years.
    05-18-09 02:25 AM
    Very cool. How's the new career treating you?

Chris
    05-18-09 03:04 AM
    It's not bad, just learning all the new politics. A 18.5% raise and no traveling makes it easier. In my old position I spent close to 90% of my time away from home including overseas travel.
    05-18-09 08:17 AM
    Thanks for the feedback guys. The short story to this is I need a ROM wipe to remove the AT&T brand and load my TMOG OS onto my unlocked AT&T 9000. This will allow it to be TMO Branded as the 9000 is with TMOG. I am using this on the TMO network currently and from some of the post that I'v read, the JLC will wipe the phone but not the ROM on the unit. I will check out CrackMem.
    05-19-09 02:43 AM
    Thanks for the feedback guys. The short story to this is I need a ROM wipe to remove the AT&T brand and load my TMOG OS onto my unlocked AT&T 9000. This will allow it to be TMO Branded as the 9000 is with TMOG. I am using this on the TMO network currently and from some of the post that I'v read, the JLC will wipe the phone but not the ROM on the unit. I will check out CrackMem.
    05-19-09 02:44 AM
    So you want it to be T-Mo branded? As in the splash screen?

Chris
    05-19-09 02:47 AM
    I have a TMO(Germany)Bold because its offered in there lineup, not in the US. The AT&T Bold that I also have, I unlocked the unit and its good to go however, in order to load the TMOG OS, i need to wipe the ROM on the AT&T unit, because if you don't it will still display the AT&T (splash)(or Display header) what every you'd like to call it in the opening boot. Not to mention some of the AT&T icons will still remain on the unit. Sooo this is the task.
    05-19-09 02:23 PM
    See this:

Unlocking and Unbranding

I do not recommend unbranding your device. Especially for something so trivial as the splash screen which you will, hopefully, not see too often.

Chris
    05-19-09 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD