I currently have an Unlimited Texting plan with Rogers... I would like to send TXTs internationally by emailing a SMS to [email protected] or whatever email for that matter. It is an email and it will go to his phone... is it part of the UNLIMITED texting part or is it an additional cost? Technically I'm just texting to an email like Facebook...
    05-17-09 04:35 PM
    If its an email why not just send him an email if it goes to his phone.

I dont bother with international texting myself even though my network tariff allows me to send international texts as part of my allowance. I just email both my bro and sis in law in Canada...my bro has a Bold like me and my sis in law has an iphone and we communicate that way...far more easier and a **** of alot more cheaper.

If i was you id be ringing up Rogers to find out if your texts are going to be charged higher if you text internationally.

Personally though id just keep it to email and use the texts within your country etc.
    05-17-09 06:08 PM
    If its an email why not just send him an email if it goes to his phone.

I dont bother with international texting myself even though my network tariff allows me to send international texts as part of my allowance. I just email both my bro and sis in law in Canada...my bro has a Bold like me and my sis in law has an iphone and we communicate that way...far more easier and a **** of alot more cheaper.

If i was you id be ringing up Rogers to find out if your texts are going to be charged higher if you text internationally.

Personally though id just keep it to email and use the texts within your country etc.
    If you have a blackberry and your bro has one too... Why don't you just blackberry message him through bbm instead of sending him a email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 11:26 PM
    I live in Spain, and I have friends from all over the US (since I'm from there) and the way I communicate with those who don't have blackberries is via their email addresses with their numbers. For example, my friend has a verizon phone, and his number is #@vtext.com, and we write each other a lot that way, but he's limited to 160 characters. so that's lame, but hey, we're chatting via "sms" internationally :P messages get delivered to each others' phones and I can't complain
    05-18-09 12:08 AM
    If you have a blackberry and your bro has one too... Why don't you just blackberry message him through bbm instead of sending him a email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I do most of the time...sometimes i find it easier to email him stuff.
    05-18-09 06:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD