I'm sure these questions have been answered before. I don't have the time to search through all the posts. So here goes....
    1. How do you download apps to the Storm?
    2. I was told Google Maps was installed. Can't find it. How do I download?
    3. What are the best apps I should get?

Thanks very much!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 06:32 PM
    1) You go to the website of the app, or use App World, or use Desktop Manager

2) Blackberry Maps is installed. You download Google Maps from google....google it.

3) ...
    05-16-09 06:34 PM
    Go to the mobile cb site in your berry and get the cb store and use the free ota apps link.

http://m.crackberry.com

05-16-09 06:38 PM
    Thanks for you help! One more question.....When I get an email, the email contains red x's where the image is supposed to be. How o I change this?

Thanks again!

05-16-09 06:50 PM
    2 download google maps, click:

Google Maps

I wd then delete bbmaps: options folder > advanced options > applications > highlight bbmaps > menu > delete.

In most cases after download or deletion of an application ur phone asks if u want 2 reboot. If yes, it does immediately, if no, question repeats later or u can do manual battery pull (device ON > back of phone off > pull battery for 15secs - 5mins). Battery pull is good practice 4 optimizing device function & fixing temporary glitches.

Lastly, read this...will help a lot:

How 2: App Memory
    Last edited by Transfigured; 05-17-09 at 07:10 PM.
    05-16-09 07:33 PM
    Thanks for you help! One more question.....When I get an email, the email contains red x's where the image is supposed to be. How o I change this?

Thanks again!

With the email open, press the BB button (the one with the dots on it) and select Get Images
    05-16-09 07:48 PM
    Welcome friend

05-16-09 09:46 PM
    Post was deleted let's not "inflame" things! Don't make me break out my moderator stick.

05-16-09 11:54 PM
    Thanks for all the help.

05-17-09 09:02 AM
    Return it and Buy and 8900.
    05-17-09 10:03 AM

Thanks again!

you have to press menu, then select "get images" for each email. I know it sucks but I guess they do that for security. Again, I will highly recommend returning it for an 8900 or wait for the storm 2 it is coming out in the near future.
    05-17-09 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD