while searching for some new and good applicaiton to use i came upon this application that combines where and navigation and much more.
    It offers personalization, much more features plus voice activated GPS navigation. Very user friendly. Once find a restaurant I like, I can click on "Take me there" it will then take me there via voice instructions
    give it a try. its free and easy to set up
    Welcome to RoadComm LifeInPocket Mobile.
    05-16-09 02:17 PM
    so did anyone try it out , i did and if u want to customize it u have to go to their website and add all features u want , it even have facebook
    05-16-09 09:07 PM
    i like the concept of it but it doesn't have a very good look to it.
    05-16-09 09:27 PM
    This seems interesting...has any1 tried it yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 10:13 PM
    i tried it, and while it's feature packed, i was disappointed at the layout.. it looks cheap and unattractive.. once again, i find telenav to be the best gps app out there..
    05-16-09 10:20 PM
    it didnt work when i tried to search a location. promptly deleted.
    05-16-09 10:21 PM
    I like that everyone who has posted in this thread so far has less than 50 posts. Now back to our regular programming: I think that I'll stick with Poynt + GoogleMaps integration. Both are free and serve my purposes well.
    05-16-09 10:22 PM
    I like that everyone who has posted in this thread so far has less than 50 posts.
    What does that have to do with anything? You can have an opinion regardless of how many posts you have. Before you had 141 posts you had 0.
    05-16-09 10:34 PM
    i tried it, and while it's feature packed, i was disappointed at the layout.. it looks cheap and unattractive.. once again, i find telenav to be the best gps app out there..
    isn't that like 10 bucks a month ? in our (Verizon users) case we might as well pay them, no ?
    05-16-09 10:44 PM
    that looks like nothing i saw when i was using it.
    05-26-09 06:49 PM
    Hmm...I do wish it had a more polished look to it, but I can see some parts of it being useful. GPS found my location right away, not bad considering i'm in my house. I'll keep it for a while and give it a chance.

05-27-09 12:35 AM
    Taken from their FAQs Page

I would like to have LifeInPocket but I am stuck with 2 years contract with Verizon
    Get an inexpensive prepaid phone to run LifeInPocket. To be safe, you can get a Boost Mobile Handset- i425t for $39.99 or less from our partner. Though the display doesn't look good while it has nice build in GPS and the unlimited data cost is $0.33 per day, you can add/ remove data access by calling Boost Mobile. Please call phone provides to verify updated information before purchase. This would be a cost effective solution for your holiday/vacation usage.
    so I have to buy another phone to use this?
    05-27-09 07:41 AM
    Signed up on their website to send the software to my phone/BB Storm. Still waiting....

Those of you with the Storm, are there any special settings or changes you had to do to get this to work?

Thanks!
    05-27-09 07:41 AM
    I just downloaded to my Verizon Storm. Nothing special needed to be done. It picked up my location within a few seconds after selecting the map function. I will try the GPS nav feature later today and post additional feedback later.
    05-27-09 08:08 AM
    Tried to download to my BBerry Storm on Verizon and got a
    "909 application authentication failure" error.

Browser is set to IE (can't be changed)
    Browser Identification is set to BlackBerry (can be changed to Firefox or IE)

Saintsfan had some suggestions/helped, but it still won't load.

Sent an email to RoadComm informing them.

Anybody else with a Storm on Verizon been able to install this?
    05-27-09 12:02 PM
    Anybody else with a Storm on Verizon been able to install this?
    Installed on my Verizon Storm with no problems. Will get out today and test the Navigation.
    05-27-09 12:11 PM
    it's just alright. It has some good features, but the voice part is very slow and delayed. Not too bad for a free app.
    05-27-09 05:46 PM
    i downloaded this app about a week ago and haven't been able to log in from my bb since! it keeps saying "network is temporarily available. please try again later"
    wanted to try this out, but if it won't let me log in i'll just have to delete it
    i can log in through my computer fine
    05-31-09 11:03 AM
    This app seems to be a large turd (pardon moi). I tried it out, and gave it the benefit of the doubt. No luck in getting ANYTHING to really work. Clumsy, slow, and unreliable... I thought the feature to keep the backlight on when GPS is a great idea, but if the nav doesn't work, its useless.

Just my $0.0212 (including 6% tax).

Cheers,
    B.D.
    05-31-09 11:07 AM
    Nice FREE GPS app with voice. I'll be glad to keep this over amAze gps.
    06-06-09 02:05 AM
    *********! These newer posts make me want to try it out again, just to see if it's better to use than the couple things I don't like about Nav4all (like clunky scrolling, huge country list to scroll through, etc.)
    06-08-09 03:12 PM
    I like that everyone who has posted in this thread so far has less than 50 posts. Now back to our regular programming: I think that I'll stick with Poynt + GoogleMaps integration. Both are free and serve my purposes well.
    What does it matter how many posts someone has? You're an *****

06-08-09 05:51 PM
    I'm just getting into life in pocket. Looks GREAT so far! I love the fact it has some web based features that you can update from your PC, and then sync to your phone. Really impressed so far!!
    06-09-09 10:48 AM
    Can this be downloaded OTA? I tried downloading it and it said I need a newer version of Flash Player. I have a Storm on Verizon. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    06-09-09 01:21 PM
    Dowloaded also. It looks promising and to me has the best interface of the free GPS apps out right now. Nav4all never worked for me for some odd reason. Maybe the new version works. I will have to give this a try soon.
    06-09-09 09:05 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD