So i'm at a b'day party, dancing, drinking, having a good time and i need to go to the lady's room. at the same time, i get a message, so i take my berry with me. i'm paranoid about dropping it in the toilet, so i put it on to paper dispenser and it's not until i get back to my group that i realize that my hand is empty. I FORGOT MY BERRY. so i hurry back to the rest room and OF COURSE it's no where to be found and no one has seen it. i wanted to burst into tears right there. Whoever picked up my berry and didn't turn in... oh the retribution....
    i went through the process of alerting the manager and all that...guess i need to look into getting a new berry... i'm so sad right now. heading towards depressed. and i feel extra stupid. from now on i'm getting a lanyard....

so the question is, do i get a brand new one, buy one of e-bay, or do one of you have a decent bb 8900 you don't mind parting with?
    should i even stick with the 8900 or maybe get a bold??? i can't even think straight without my berry.....
    05-16-09 04:33 AM
    Aww, that's very sad, I'm sorry this happened to you, NikiCJC. It must not be easy losing your phone, let alone know that someone else is running around with it. If I were you I'd try getting one of eBay so you can hopefully avoid paying full retail for it.
    05-16-09 04:37 AM
    Rest in peace young electronic device. Let RIM and your PP know, and have them cut the life support on that phone. Things like this happen all the time, I believe I found a total of 3 or 4 Verizon phones in just a week @ my workplace? People leave stuff all the time, I bet they were surprised to find out that I actually took the time to go into their address book and call a random number letting that person know that I have the owner's phone and I'd appreciate if he could pick it up before I changed my mind and put it on ebay. Haha, naw I wouldn't do that :P

That sucks though, my opinion is you should probably call TMO and see if you can spaz out on them and maybe get a new or refurbrished 8900 for like $200. If not, ebay it is.
    05-16-09 04:45 AM
    WHOA! the Worst-Post Scenario ever to be on CRACKBERRY’s history of forums i've read! I was like, NO WAY! YOU ARE TRULY PRO than any pro players in football or rugby! do you know why? you have no insurance coverage for your sweet 8900.. YOU OFFICIALLY ARE PROFESSIONAL STUNT!

that's SICK!
    05-16-09 06:34 AM
    wow FARBES. I don't have insurance either. After it's all said and done, it's cheaper just to buy a used device off ebay or craiglist or something.
    05-16-09 06:37 AM
    Sorry that happened to you, but it's truly not the saddest news I'll hear all weekend; after all, it's just a phone.
    05-16-09 06:41 AM
    I think by saying "hopefully the saddest news...." she meant none of us would hear anything worse than that, meaning we'd all have weekends without any bad news.
    05-16-09 06:45 AM
    Ouch. That's gotta suck. My sympathies, and be sure to get that sucker locked down so the thief can't use it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 06:46 AM
    Wow, I feel for you . . . Had a Very Similar Thing Happen to me but it was in a Department store, went to try on a pair of jeans and put my 8900 down for a sec, went out to show the wife how they looked on me and by the time I turned around and realized my Monumental Blunder It was Gone, Had to buy a new one the very next Day
    How-ever there's one consolation . . . The Guy at Airtel (My Service Provider) said that the pin was blocked by them and no one would be able to use it until Airtel cleared the pin. Guess it's just going to be a brick then.
    05-16-09 07:02 AM
    OMGGGG I'm so sorry I'd die but yeah I agree next time get insurance its not cheaper in the long run to get one of ebay unless you get it for like 35 dollars. But ugh that sucks and NO don't get the bold.

05-16-09 07:04 AM
    Yeah that sucks. I would recommend getting insurance and for your next blackberry try installing this program:

InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking

Its basically a tracking device. Its pretty cool I haven't had to use it yet but it would definitely come in handy with a stolen bb.

Once you install on your bb then you can locate your phone using a computer. Pretty cool and its free.
    05-16-09 07:15 AM
    Yeah that sucks. I would recommend getting insurance and for your next blackberry try installing this program:

InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking

Its basically a tracking device. Its pretty cool I haven't had to use it yet but it would definitely come in handy with a stolen bb.

Once you install on your bb then you can locate your phone using a computer. Pretty cool and its free.
    Thanks, I will check this out.
    05-16-09 07:31 AM
    How much r u trying to spend on the 8900. Make me an oiffer. I just got mine on 4-9-09

05-16-09 07:46 AM
    I'm sure your 8900 is in a better place

05-16-09 10:10 AM
    That stinks. I'm sorry to hear about it. Aside from losing a fun and spendy device, it's a major inconvenience. I would defnitely stick with the 8900. I would pull out all the stops with t-mo to see what they might do to help you. They are very helpful and accomodating. Plus if you were able to do that thru them you could get insurance on the new unit. You can't get insurance on a unit from eBay. But for sure check on eBay too to see what else is available, just in case.

05-16-09 10:27 AM
    You need to check more to be sure.
    You should also be more careful next time.
    GL.
    05-16-09 10:35 AM
    Obviously she knows she needs to be more careful... That's why these things are called accidents! LOL

I don't have insurance on any of my BBs either. By the time you pay the monthly premiun PLUS $50 deductible to get a refurbished replacement, its not worth it IMHO!

I'm sorry for your loss! :-(

05-16-09 01:07 PM
    It is a very sad thing to think you have a berry missing somewhere and someone else has your device. Did you have the owner info on the home screen just in case this happened? Also if you had password protection enabled maybe they will try to get into it 10 times and it will wipe the device. Then they will get frustrated and turn it in (if they don't do it before) or take it and just dispose of it. It was an honest mistake and these things happen. Hopefully things will turn around and who know you might even get it back...
    05-16-09 01:17 PM
    pretty sad, but remember it's just a phone. I would get a brand new one
    05-16-09 03:34 PM
    Wow. That's bad. Glad it's never happened to me. I don't know what I'd do without my BB.
    05-16-09 03:44 PM
    I did not get ins on my 8900, besides the monthly cost, the deduc has gone up from $50. It was more like 125ish from tmo on all the smart phones.
    05-16-09 05:33 PM
    I feel you...next time hold with your BB ALL THE TIMES and keep eyes on it just like treat baby, you would not take your eyes off when baby wanders around near the pool.

dg
    Last edited by dgbb8900; 05-16-09 at 05:46 PM.
    05-16-09 05:44 PM
    Just get a new curve from tmobile for 500 dollars lol.
    05-16-09 06:34 PM
    that is a real bummer but for your next bb you should check out smrtguard its awesome allows you to track your bb plus send an audio ping to it if it's lost or able to remote wipe the data also you can lock the phone from service when an unauthorized sim is inserted

SmrtGuard :: Your Smartphone Guardian�

The official launch should be soon check it out!
    05-16-09 07:46 PM
    i'm still extra upset about it. i was at work and feeling off all day: no bbm "pings", no checking cb or facebook or twitter, and no flashing light that thing really is the addicting factor of the blackberry. i went back to an old Motorola Rizr that i had and i have to relearn how to do EVERYTHING and everything is in super slooooow motion. So frustrating. i didn't get insurance because of the deductible and the refurb factor, figuring i'd be extra careful... clearly not careful enough. the info on it wasn't so sensitive, i'd been writing papers on it, but thankfully i'd always email them to myself as backup.
    I'm going to get a new on in a few weeks when it won't take a chunk out of my wallet, but now i'm rethinking the insurance...for the 6 or so years since i've carried a cell phone, i've never 'lost' one, but this is the second time i've had one stolen
    Thanks for the support guys, only fellow crackberrys can grasp the depth of this tragedy.

Now here's what: i'm on a family plan with two other ppl and locked in for at least another year. i'm not sure what they'd charge me to get out of it but i was thinking of getting my own plan so that i get get the upgrade discount. should i just not use the number and open up a new line? that'll basically just leave more mins for the other ppl on the plan right? and then i wouldn't have to deal with the 'breaking the contract' fee...
    your thoughts on the matter would be helpful..
    05-16-09 11:28 PM
82 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD