Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • HECK YEAH!!!

97 82.20%
  • NO I LOVE BB BROWSER AND SEE NO NEED FOR SWITCHING

3 2.54%
  • WHAT'S SKYFIRE

18 15.25%
    Are you planning on trying Skyfire when it comes out ?

EDIT: pretty shocking thing about this survey is not how many people will try skyfire but how many people are more the willing to dump the crappy BB browser. when less than 3% of respondants say they will stick with your built in browser, that's a bad sign. RIM should take notice!!! even OS.75 has a higher approval rating than that.
    Last edited by francolasalsa; 05-16-09 at 10:50 PM.
    05-16-09 12:24 AM
    I sure am.
    05-16-09 12:24 AM
    Heck yesssss Indeed!
    I was reading up on skyfire it shows that it might have in browser flash support
    Did i say HECK YESS!!! HECK YESS! i did.
    05-16-09 12:33 AM
    Heck yesssss Indeed!
    I was reading up on skyfire it shows that it might have in browser flash support
    Did i say HECK YESS!!! HECK YESS! i did.
    It definitely will have flash.

Its not made for the storm but I definitely have to try the bold version on my phone to atleast try to see if it is compatible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 12:36 AM
    no never lol maybe....
    05-16-09 12:44 AM
    OH YEAH!!! (In the Kool-Aid mans voice as I bust through a wall!!!)

05-16-09 12:44 AM
    i was a lucky tester of the skyfire alpha for windows mobile a while back, and it is amazing. the flash is amazing. it was so nice to be able to go to sites like fridays.com and see their flash menu on my motorola q!
    05-16-09 12:49 AM
    I hope this comes out soon. I would love to try it out.
    05-16-09 01:09 AM
    I thought they weren't going to support the Storm? I will be all over it if they do and it has flash.

05-16-09 03:50 AM
    Tried it on my WinMo devices and deleted every other 3rd party browser and hid IE. Its fanfriggintastic. Hopefully they do as good of a job for Blackberry. Hopefully their version is touch friendly. Can't stand Opera for that reason.
    05-16-09 03:55 AM
    Tried it on my WinMo devices and deleted every other 3rd party browser and hid IE. Its fanfriggintastic. Hopefully they do as good of a job for Blackberry. Hopefully their version is touch friendly. Can't stand Opera for that reason.
    Yeah,if it's designed for the Storm,then I will give it a try.I also can't stand Opera for that very reason.
    05-16-09 04:13 AM
    I'm gonna try it out for sure, because I've heard so much about it.

But I remember reading that as of right now they aren't creating one that is storm specific...so we may have another opera mini on our hands...Hope that changes tho.
    05-16-09 07:40 AM
    Of course, it looks like the best browser like the �berbrowser out there. FlashVideo support I'm so curious bout that.

But the Alpha versions are for the other devices, not the Storm?
    05-16-09 08:26 AM
    HOPEFULLY - SF is monitoring this thread. Sounds like they were not planning on a Storm version - maybe, if we put up some decent numbers, this will convince them.

Like others have said - I've had it on my Q9c - and it kicks serious ****! That's the only thing I'm really missing at this point from the change to the Storm. .
    05-16-09 09:27 AM
    Nah, why bother, right? ... Are you kidding? Yes I am excited to try it!

05-16-09 10:23 AM
    You better believe it.
    05-16-09 10:51 AM
    I've not really heard anything about it but from reading this thread... YEAH ill try it. Is it a fast browser faster than opera? And flash!?!? I thought that wasn't possible on mobiles.

05-16-09 10:55 AM
    I've been waiting for this thing to come out forever! So hells ya
    05-16-09 11:13 AM
    If they make it fer my storm.. i'm all over it
    05-16-09 12:10 PM
    I'M 99.9% sure that it will come out on the storm. Probably 2-3 months after the bold verision (lucky stiffs) maybe sooner. According to recent sales chart the number one selling BB is the curve 83xx series FOLLOWED by the STORM then pearl. No bold. reason I think they are going with bold first is server reason. You can bet your *** that a storm verision is not far behind. as is the case with OPERA also the skyfire browser will have a higher adoption rate on BB's then other devices, we all know the reason for that (ahemm...CRAP built in Browser) . Can you imagine how awesome Flash will lock on that beautiful STORM screen !!! humilate the iphone !!
    05-16-09 01:19 PM
    I beta tested it on my old Treo 700wx. Watching Hulu at work was the t!ts
    05-16-09 05:51 PM
    i'll definitely try it .... wish i could try it right now
    05-16-09 05:55 PM
    I don't think there's anyone who's not gonna try it lol.

05-16-09 06:01 PM
    I will def. try it..... I mean If it does not work great, oh well I can just delete it and go to the BB browser.... But I have heard great things about this so I do have high hopes.
    05-16-09 06:13 PM
    They better make with a Storm version with the quickness. Than I can get rid of my $30/month tethering fee just so I can watch hulu at work.
    05-16-09 07:44 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD