Hey, I have a problem backing up my storm to my pc, i have windows vista home premium 64-bit, and blackberry desktop manager 4.7. i can connect it and desktop manager recognizes it, that's not the problem. the problem is every time i try to back up my storm, as soon as it gets to the part where it says browser cache it says "ERROR WITH YOUR or THE DATABASE". I don't know what to do anymore. plz help!

Thanks
    05-15-09 09:04 PM
    Clear your browser cache and try again.

Go to the browser > press BB/Menu button > Options > Cache Operations > clear everything in there.

Then back up your phone.
    05-15-09 09:06 PM
    I tried doing that and still nothing it says the same thing, could it be because i have bolt?
    05-15-09 09:09 PM
    Look to see where its stopping at during the backup. If youve cleared the cache it might be an app. I had that problem and just continued to clear cache and browser history till it finally went thru...
    05-15-09 09:12 PM
    ill try that, but the only 3rd party apps i have are,
    shazam
    trapster
    weatherbug
    app world
    bolt
    poynt
    free tip
    viigo
    facebook
    FML
    and gps tracker

then i have msn messenger etc
    05-15-09 09:25 PM
    Try clearing the cache this way:

in DM go to backup/Restore>Advanced and then browse down to the Browser Data Cache item, highlight it and clear
    05-15-09 09:42 PM
    Ok, i did that and it went through but now it gets stuck at "TIME ZONES" i don't know why. i tried it multiple times and it gets stuck there. i tried going into advance in the backup/restore on desktop manager and the time zones is not highlighted. i don't know what to do anymore and i need to do a backup!
    if there's another way please let me know!
    thanks
    05-17-09 11:02 PM

in DM go to backup/Restore>Advanced and then browse down to the Browser Data Cache item, highlight it and clear
    I just wanted to say Thank you!
    I was having a problem and followed your advice and got my backup to work. These forums are a godsend!!!

btw: I have bolt browser also and all worked fine so that may not be whats causing your errors.
    Last edited by beefybudatl; 05-21-09 at 07:08 AM.
    05-21-09 07:04 AM
    cleared brower and everything works great. thanks!
    05-21-09 07:26 AM

I'm experiencing the same thing, Windows XP Home Professional, the 32-bit version, with the latest version of DM installed. I tried clearing the Browser Data Cache as you instructed above, and my backup gets stuck while backing up the "Messages" database when it gets about 80% through that database.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    05-21-09 07:39 AM
    I was having a problem backing up...checked the forum and got the answer: cleared the browser cache. Thanks to all for the very helpful input!
    05-21-09 07:48 PM
    HI, I have been getting an error when backing up but different to the above.
    When backup up it gets all the way to the end and then I get an Unknown error when it gets to "backing up onboard device memory"
    Has anyone had this before and if so how to fix.

Thanks
    05-21-09 10:05 PM
    I'm experiencing the same thing, Windows XP Home Professional, the 32-bit version, with the latest version of DM installed. I tried clearing the Browser Data Cache as you instructed above, and my backup gets stuck while backing up the "Messages" database when it gets about 80% through that database.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    You may also need to clear the message items, and there may be more than one. I have had the same thing happen once, also had it happen to my addresses.

Again, do it in DM using Backup/Restore>Advanced and then scroll to the items giving you problems.

If that does not work, then try backing up groups of items using the Advanced function. When you find a group that fails, then do those items individually until you find the culpret and clear it. Then try the backup again.
    05-21-09 11:02 PM
    Wow!! Had this same problem myself and now it works!! I agree!! These forums are a g-dsend!! Thanks soooo much!!
    05-21-09 11:03 PM
    Clearing the browser fixed the issue for me too, thanks for the help.
    06-20-09 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD