Werid thing happening today. Wanted to upgrade from .231 to .239, downloaded, but did not install .239 on PC (Vista). Opened up DM 4.6 to sync up the BB and DM gets to updating the calander (from Outlook) when I get a message "DM has encountered a problem and has to close". I've rebooted the computer, uninstalled and reinstalled DM 4.6. Run a hard drive cleaner and virus scan (nothing bad found), and still everytime it gets to updating the calander DM crashes. Never had this happen before. Was able to create a backup file without a problem, but still no sync. Any ideas or suggestions?
    05-15-09 07:43 PM
    Clear the browser memory- cache, cookies etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 08:26 PM
    Cleared the browser memory and tossed in a battery pull. Still gets to "Processing Device Calander" and DM quits working. Also noticed that there is an icon for BB Device Manager in the program tray that won't close when I disconnect the USB and / close Desktop Manager.
    05-15-09 08:42 PM
    Ah Right, Try This, Bring Up The Task manager in Vista By right clicking on the left of system tray a menu will open in it will be the Task Manager click on processes in Task Manger and Kill Any Process to do with RIM. Make sure your bb isn't connected when you do this, reboot system then try. If it still doesn't work it's probably an issue with default calendar you'll need to set which-ever calendar you're using as default. To do that you'll need to goto Options > Advanced Options > Default Services and set it there then Sync. After doing all of the above if it Still won't sync see if you can find a recent back-up and restore only the calendar, That should do it. Hope this helps. Cheers m8.
    05-16-09 07:30 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions...removed DM and reinstalled. DM crashed after reading Outlook calander in the "Processing Device Calander" step as before. Going to Options>Advanced Options> Default services would on the BB would not allow me to change anything. Restored from backup made yesterday and DM closed in same place. Still no full sync. Seems like it's a Windows/DM issue but I sure can't figure it out.
    05-16-09 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD