How do you set the default email address to use when sending a picture from the blackberry media?
    05-15-09 12:05 PM
    Options>advance options>default services> Messaging (CMIME)

That will set the email use when sending a picture the way you want it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 12:10 PM
    I tried that with no joy. It still uses my other email address. Thanks for the post.
    05-15-09 02:52 PM
    You're talking about emailing images right? Not mms..
    Email does use the messaging setting.
    05-15-09 02:55 PM
    Options>advance options>default services> Messaging (CMIME)

That will set the email use when sending a picture the way you want it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I tried that with no joy. It still uses my other email address. Thanks for the post.
    Yeah, that's definitely the correct way to do it if you're wanting to Email the pictures... If you're using MMS, it wouldn't matter anyway.
    05-15-09 03:09 PM
    I'm having a similar issue with emailing pictures from the camer function. To be clear, the "default" address works when sending an email from the "messages" function, but when I take a picture, and elect to email from the camera menu (while the picture is being displayed) it is using the "desktop" email, vs. the one I have set as "default" under the "default services" setting.
    05-18-09 01:33 PM
    You can always change it in the body of the email you're putting the photo in. As long as you have the email address set up on your phone that you want to use. At the "Send From:" line at the top you can click on it and change from Default to whichever address to send it from. I just tried it from the camera folder with a picture I just took, and one that was in a folder that I took awhile ago, so I know it works.
    05-18-09 02:25 PM
    Sure, you can change it in the email, but that's adding a step in the process, and one that's easy to forget. I never send photos for work, only personal. Not a huge deal, but IMHO, "default" ought to apply unless you're in a specific mailbox.

Love the Bold, overall a great product.
    05-20-09 05:10 AM
    Agreed.....I have the same problem....I WANT to send pictures from my work account, but it defaults to my personal account when sending pictures when just taken from my camera or from the picture browser....even though I have 'Desktop' as my default for Messaging.

This IS actually a big deal for me cause when you quickly take a pic and send it for work....sometimes you forget to switch the email.

Don't know why RIM has fixed this little glitch yet.....default should be 'default' for ALL emails that we compose.
    06-04-09 11:46 AM
    After researching and trouble shooting, here is my suggested workaround:

ISSUE: The email address used as the "default" in the calendar and camera on the BB is not the same as the "default" used in the email settings. The addresses are listed alphabetically and the first one on the list is chosen (e.g. name @ gmail.com comes before name @ yahoo.com).

WORKAROUND: You can change the "Email account name" (label) of the email addresses you have installed in the Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) so that the "default" used for calendar and camera are the one that you would like (as opposed to the first in the alphabet).

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1) Login to the Blackberry Internet Website (e.g. sprint.blackberry.com)
    2) Select "EDIT" on the right side
    3) Change the "Email account name" of the address you want to be your calendar and camera "default" email address to something like "1_Yahoo". The fact that it starts with a number in the label will put it first on the list.
    4) Then click SAVE and you should instantly be all set.

I ordered all my addresses by changing the labels (1_Yahoo, 2_Gmail, 3_Work, etc...). This way I can use numbers to put them in the order I want and get around the alphabetical listing problem. I hope this helps!!!
    11-11-09 01:47 PM
    I was so optimistic that I would find the answer I have been looking for here.

- I was at a company and used my work email through their BES. When I wanted to email a picture it worked fine then (through work email).
    - I have since left that company and no longer have "work" email on my Bold. I use the gmail app for all emailing.
    - Now I try to send a picture through email and it just fails.

** I can not change the "from" email when I try to send a pic, it doesn't allow me to.

** Default Services / Messaging (CMIME) is set to "Desktop" and there is no option to make any change at all.
    11-24-09 02:17 PM
    I think I got it working now. Went to the ATT BIS site and it's workign as I wanted it to
    11-24-09 03:25 PM

ISSUE: The email address used as the "default" in the calendar and camera on the BB is not the same as the "default" used in the email settings. The addresses are listed alphabetically and the first one on the list is chosen (e.g. name @ gmail.com comes before name @ yahoo.com).

WORKAROUND: You can change the "Email account name" (label) of the email addresses you have installed in the Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) so that the "default" used for calendar and camera are the one that you would like (as opposed to the first in the alphabet).

INSTRUCTIONS:
    3) Change the "Email account name" of the address you want to be your calendar and camera "default" email address to something like "1_Yahoo". The fact that it starts with a number in the label will put it first on the list.

I ordered all my addresses by changing the labels (1_Yahoo, 2_Gmail, 3_Work, etc...). This way I can use numbers to put them in the order I want and get around the alphabetical listing problem. I hope this helps!!!
    I tried to do this... but it wouldnt let me register at the verizon BIS site. It said I had to access it from my phone.

I am having the same issue.... I want to set my default to send pics from to be my bb email addy.... and its set to my gmail addy. Yes, I have the option to change it... but I usually forget. I want it set so it does it automatically.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks
    01-24-10 04:52 PM

INSTRUCTIONS:

Thank you my friend!!! You make my day!!!!!!!!!!!
    04-24-10 01:02 AM
    I tried to do this... but it wouldnt let me register at the verizon BIS site. It said I had to access it from my phone.
    You can also make the changes from the "Setup Personal E-Mail" icon on your phone. Once you create a username and password from there, you will be able to log in from the Verizon site.
    04-24-10 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD