I ran into a thread about how everyone protects their BBs and a lot of members use gel or silicone. I heard about someone dropping their BB and the plastic case flew open. I thought the soft touch hard plastic case I got from VZ was a good choice. What do you use and why?
    05-14-09 04:45 PM
    I don't like silicon, as it makes it impossible to move the blackberry in and out of pockets- sticks to cloth sides. So I use plastic. No idea if it helps, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 04:57 PM
    100% Adomantium (otterbox).

05-14-09 05:04 PM
    i have both seidio innocase and the body glove.
    i feel more protected with the bodyglove because it coveres the screen.
    makes it bulkier but i feel alot safer with it on than the seidio.
    plus the seidio has a broken tab now.

damn sensative case, lol
    05-14-09 07:08 PM
    I have on a mytego phone skin, with either a silicone case or snap-on case-depending on my mood-then I carry my bb in pink Golla bag I got here at CB!

05-14-09 08:30 PM
    I use a plastic case. As someone else commented the silicone cases stick. I can't put my phone in my pocket because it is almost impossible to get out.
    05-15-09 12:10 AM
    I just have a skin on mine, mainly because I like the way it looks.
    05-16-09 08:14 PM
    i'm all about the hard plastic, i have an ipod nano and i tried the silicone case or whatever you'd like to call them & i hated it. it picked up every piece of lint or dirt..i use it when i work in the garden, so it just isnt my cup of tea, i've just recently got a blackberry and bought a couple cases off ebay in my opinion they are better..who knows if it protects anything.. get insurance if youre worried about that!
    05-19-09 09:27 AM
    100% Adomantium (otterbox).

I was wondering about that. Is it real bulky and heavy, or not too much so?
    05-19-09 04:42 PM
    I was wondering about that. Is it real bulky and heavy, or not too much so?
    For ultimate protection you really can't beat the Otterbox. It does add some bulk and gives your BB a certain industrial look, but it sure does protect. It really doesn't add much weith and seems to fit the hand well. I found typing took just a bit to get used to since it surrounds the keyboard. I put mine in the "box" if I'm going to be out in rough stuff and just use it bare in the OEM holster otherwise.
    05-20-09 03:01 PM
    Silicon..... I don't like the bulky feel of the BodyGlove type cases. And as for the hard cases, whenever you gotta do a batterypull its a pain to take off!
    05-23-09 02:14 PM
    sillicone, as far as the whole getting it out of your pocket, the skin loses its rubbery feel after like a week, so its easy sailing from there.
    05-25-09 11:08 AM
    Well I dropped my BB twice now in the course of the same weekend and the plastic case broke open! I got the case from VZW.I lost my grip and it went sailing and my friend says it crashed against something and fell. Then I dropped it on a linoleum floor.I may look up this Otterbox.

05-25-09 07:33 PM
    I switch between plastic, gel, and silicone cant ever make up my mind, lol
    05-25-09 07:35 PM
    otterbox 100% I have had them on all my bbs and would not be with out one
    05-25-09 09:36 PM
    Silicon..... I don't like the bulky feel of the BodyGlove type cases. And as for the hard cases, whenever you gotta do a batterypull its a pain to take off!
    you do know there is a key stroke for that? i dont remember it i keep it in my wallet but you can do a hard reset with out a battery pull
    05-25-09 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD