I'm wondering how others have setup there 8130 for in car use.

How are you set up for hands free phone, voice dialing, speaker phone?

How are you playing music?

Are you just using a cradle and hitting a few phone buttons?
    Running through the car stereo?
    Bluetooth?

Seems to me the best solutuon would be to just get in my car and have everything connect via bluetooth. Can it be that simple?

Thanks
    BA
    03-08-08 08:03 AM
    I use the Jabra SP5050 Bluetooth handsfree speakerphone. DC requires using handsfree devices in the District. It's recharges off of the cigarette lighter and so far I've only had to do the initial charge and it's lasted a LONG time. The calls are clear from the receiving end and it allows you to make calls using voice dialing with the touch of a button. All in all, it's a great device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-08 09:52 AM
    I connect to my aux jack to play music out of my BB in my car. I try the bluetooth adapter and it sucked!! Keep to wires if possible.
    03-08-08 11:16 AM
    I designed one for when my bro gets a Pearl. I will post pics soon.
    03-08-08 02:22 PM
    Just use the bluetooth for calls. Don't rely on the BB for music in the car just yet. I do use the voice dailing occasionally.....but if at a red-light....use the speed dials. I was just reading about the JOTT and wondering if it was worth a try. But the thread in their website sounds questionable...
    03-08-08 07:15 PM
    I just use a HS-655 bluetooth headset for calls--both incoming and outgoing. Use Voice Dialing for the outgoing calls. As for music in the car, I just use the car stereo for that.
    03-08-08 07:33 PM
    Just use the bluetooth for calls. Don't rely on the BB for music in the car just yet. I do use the voice dailing occasionally.....but if at a red-light....use the speed dials. I was just reading about the JOTT and wondering if it was worth a try. But the thread in their website sounds questionable...
    I always rely on my Berry for music in the car!! I have about 400 songs loaded and just put on shuffle. I just connect with wires instead of bluetooth.
    03-08-08 07:45 PM
    That is a good point...and perhaps I should consider it. You connect through your radio or just play from the BB?
    03-09-08 12:18 PM
    That is a good point...and perhaps I should consider it. You connect through your radio or just play from the BB?
    There's two leads that will do this for most stereos - others you may need adapters for...

3.5mm jack > Phono plugs (2.5mm > 3.5mm adapter may be required*)
    This plugs into the headset socket in your BB and the phonos plug into the back of your stereo. Some drilling may be required in discreet place.

3.5mm jack > 3.5mm jack (2.5mm > 3.5mm adapter may be required*)
    This only works with around 40% of head-units. There may be a 3.5mm socket on the front of your stereo fascia, then you just plug it into the front of your stereo and into your BB.

*all models except: 83XX(Curve), 8110, 8120, 8130
    03-09-08 12:40 PM
    Yes, the best way to make calls and play music is with a double male end 3.5mm wire(preferably a short one) connected to the front of a stereo with a "aux input" jack, my setup is with a cell phone holder...like these :

http://www.letsgomobile.org/images/n...ne-holders.jpg )

http://www.acrwireless.com/Upload/Images/d3_1_b.jpg

then just plug in and hit shuffle, great for listening to music and talking, cuz the caller will be speaking thru your speakers and your voice will be heard through the mic on your BB, picks up my voice just fine from a couple feet away....and with the cell phone holder setups I linked above its easy to select songs and answer phone calls and what not
    03-09-08 02:42 PM
    Nice! That works great Scrap! Never thought to try and make calls with the aux in. Who needs bluetooth?
    03-09-08 06:45 PM
    Nice! That works great Scrap! Never thought to try and make calls with the aux in. Who needs bluetooth?
    Making calls with the Aux In is not as easy as it sounds. You can play music easily (at least in my case), but then the phone decides to pretend there is nothing plugged into it when you try and make a call. Has anyone else encountered this and if so, what was your solution?

I just recently in stalled a wired FM modulator so I could use my phone through my speakers for calls and music and I'm trying to get it to work as soon as possible. So, if anybody has the solution for me (curve 8310), then thanks!
    05-10-08 08:26 PM
    Making calls with the Aux In is not as easy as it sounds. You can play music easily (at least in my case), but then the phone decides to pretend there is nothing plugged into it when you try and make a call. Has anyone else encountered this and if so, what was your solution?

I just recently in stalled a wired FM modulator so I could use my phone through my speakers for calls and music and I'm trying to get it to work as soon as possible. So, if anybody has the solution for me (curve 8310), then thanks!

You need this to make calls thru your stereo and speakers.

AUDIO ADAPTOR WITH BUILT-IN MICROPHONE AND ANSWER BUTTON (3.5MM MALE JACK TO 3.5MM FEMALE ADAPTOR) FOR IPHONE - * ADA3-I35M35FC
    05-10-08 08:31 PM
    Thanks. Could I pick this up at a best buy or something? or is it specific enough to probably not waste my time and just order it now online? Thanks again.
    05-10-08 08:41 PM
    I would just buy the one online at Seidio as I know this works on my 8310 and I use it daily. The problem with a lot of adpaters sold at Radio Shack and etc. is they do not work with BB's.
    05-10-08 08:45 PM
    I would just buy the one online at Seidio as I know this works on my 8310 and I use it daily. The problem with a lot of adpaters sold at Radio Shack and etc. is they do not work with BB's.
    Sounds good to me! Thanks for all your help. OK and ONE last question for you: do you think this will work? It's identical except cheaper and with free shipping.
    Virtually the Same thing as Seidio

You can PM me if ya like instead. Thanks.
    05-10-08 08:54 PM
    By the looks of it, it should work. Some how if it does not work properly, you can always go back to the Seidio adapter as I confirm that it works.
    05-10-08 08:58 PM
    Will this work with an am/fm wireless transmitter that plugs into the cigarette lighter outlet? Or do you have to have a hard wire plug to the stereo itself?
    05-26-08 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD