View Poll Results: What type of keyboard would you like to have whenever the Storm 2 is released?

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • Touch without click like the Iphone

54 21.51%
  • Landscape Slider like Tmobile G1

25 9.96%
  • Portrait Slider like Palm Pre

8 3.19%
  • Love my Surepress; Lets keep it clickin!

164 65.34%
    Seems like the converstations and threads will continue to go on about the Storm 2 now that its been ONLY confirmed that one will exist (like we needed a report to assure us that a second version would someday exist).

I think its ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS that people would want a sliding keyboard on this phone, and I would not upgrade to the next Storm if RIM made such a huge mistake.

A new thread pops up about it every day, so I figured i'd do a poll to see who actually cares to have this generic feature on such an innovative device. Would make me sick to my stomach personally; I LOVE STORM! My hypothesis is that you all who want this feature are a small minority. Please prove me right fellow crackies. lol.
    05-13-09 12:13 PM
    I dont think it will make or break it for me. I'll try it out and see if its something I could get used to. If I dont like it back it goes. I'd rather not have the sliding keyboard personally.
    05-13-09 12:16 PM
    I think its ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS that people would want a sliding keyboard on this phone, and I would not upgrade to the next Storm if RIM made such a huge mistake.
    +10000000!

Storm 2+slideout=I quit!!
    05-13-09 12:16 PM
    The poll is up now guys...vote awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
    05-13-09 12:17 PM
    a better version of the surepress is the way to go for the storm 2
    05-13-09 12:21 PM
    a better version of the surepress is the way to go for the storm 2
    A better version....like what? What would make it better? Separate buttons instead of one big button?
    05-13-09 12:32 PM
    people complain about a simple click and the problems that arise with moving parts.... then they want a phone with a fully moving drawer? brilliance
    05-13-09 12:34 PM
    If they gave you the option to type with clicking or just touching would be cool

slide out keyboard would suck...it would look like a kid's toy.
    05-13-09 12:35 PM
    I like the sure press keyboard, however an actual keyboard sometimes would be nice when I am in a hurry to type something out...

I think it would be nice to have both as an option. Have the sure press keyboard, with a slide out landscape mode for the occasion when you want more screen without the keyboard taking up space..

Just my opinion, however I wouldn't trade my storm for any phone at the moment.
    05-13-09 12:37 PM
    Yea the storm is terrible. I would only get it if it was touch not press. I really wanted to like the storm but to many gliches

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 12:51 PM
    Yea the storm is terrible. I would only get it if it was touch not press. I really wanted to like the storm but to many gliches

YOU AGAIN??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

This guy is seriously the STORM FORUM CANCER. Please change your name to that...it would suit you even better. Stay away from Storm forums if you think it sucks so bad. This is the 4th time i've called you out on this and you just keep poppin up.

Lets keep this thread on topic. In other words: scram sam!
    05-13-09 01:01 PM
    I like SurePress.
    05-13-09 01:03 PM
    ...and why have a 150 ppl viewed this thread and only 33 have voted as of yet. lol. Your opinion matters ppl...we need accurate results. Lets get more votes goin.
    05-13-09 01:12 PM
    It would be ideal to have a phone where the touch screen doesn't operate off of heat so I could use my nails! But from what I hear this will be a slider phone, so I probably won't be getting it
    05-13-09 01:24 PM
    It would be ideal to have a phone where the touch screen doesn't operate off of heat so I could use my nails! But from what I hear this will be a slider phone, so I probably won't be getting it
    There's been no confirmation of any such thing. People in these forums just have a good time talking about how much they'd want it to be a slider (and by the looks of the poll so far they are a small minority). Dont buy into all of that...just speculation.
    05-13-09 01:29 PM
    I did play with the storm today at a vzw store. I do miss somethings about the storm. But after one text on it I relized why the storm is so bad lol.

05-13-09 01:36 PM
    Thank God I am leaving the Storm arena for the Tour. I cannot deal with ****ty SureType anymore. I can type quickly on it MOST of the time...it those times when it doesnt work great that make me want to throw it against the wall. I could easily type faster on my iPod touch than on my Storm...but who wants an iPhone OR At&t

And do not say it is user error because I am pretty proficient with my Storm, I just cannot stand it anymore. I need a physical keyboard or an iPhone-esque keyboard.
    05-13-09 01:38 PM
    Yes good thinking. Get rid of that pos. I should read the reviews on the storm. But got to get the newest and greatest. Lol that is def not the storm

05-13-09 01:41 PM
    We know our opinion matters. The only opinion I have about the Storm 2 is to make the Storm great. Do not abandon the development of the Storm.

05-13-09 01:43 PM
    Those of you that suck at texting on the storm just haven't spent enough time with it or just plain suck period.
    05-13-09 01:53 PM
    i like the surepress but they had to leave a gap around the screen so dirt and moisture can get in i would love to keep the surepress if they would put a flexible rubber seal around it if not a iphone syle touch screen would be great but anything other than that i will either keep mine or get curve but not a slider i had one and they are crap.
    05-13-09 01:54 PM
    Those of you that suck at texting on the storm just haven't spent enough time with it or just plain suck period.
    Haha I have had it since 8am on November 21st. But yeah, you're right...not long enough.

You sound stupid.
    05-13-09 01:55 PM
    I think they should first release a different version if the OS for storm before they even think about releasing a storm 2.
    05-13-09 01:57 PM
    Haha I have had it since 8am on November 21st. But yeah, you're right...not long enough.

You sound stupid.
    Really, tell me how typing on your storm is so bad, I can type quickly and efficiently. I find it MUCH better over an iphone/ipod touch due to the ******** heat sensing keyboard of the iphone/touch.

If you don't like SureType that's one thing (But most people seem to agree that Suretype is fantastic once you get used to it), but to say it sucks(in terms of functionality) is another bucket of worms.

And really, if you can't make suretype work, either swap to the full keyboard in portrait or just quickly flip the phone to landscape and finish whatever word SureType doesn't like you doing.
    Last edited by soulesschild; 05-13-09 at 02:02 PM.
    05-13-09 02:00 PM
    i am getting to really like the surepress, i tried using opera mini the other day, and its worthless without the click. its so akward, hitting the wrong stuff, fat fingering, etc...the click is where its at!
    05-13-09 02:00 PM
81 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD