**Reposted from another thread into this new topic**

I was at a party last weekend where I had my BB Pearl in my back pocket of my jeans. Thinking it was fine as I was standing I proceeded to "party" like the rest of the guests. I guess I wasn't as intoxicated as another person who proceeded to pour a beer into my pocket - yes the same pocket holding my BB.

Immediately I took it out - ran inside, took it apart and let it sit on a cable box. Once I borrowed a friends phone to call a cab ride home (kind of a party buzz kill) I followed the rice trick. I put both the battery and the phone inside two separate unsealed bags of rice and placed those rice bags on top of my router (an apple time capsule which is prone to run hot). I put in the battery in the morning after about 10 hours of "ricing" and it seems to work ok now. There are water streaks/marks on the screen but barely noticeable unless the screen is white (like when sending sms,etc). The only issues I am having is a bit of a sticky trackball (doesn't scroll down as fast as up but I think that's just a personal issue that has always been present which I just haven't noticed before as I normally scroll down with more force then up).

Does anyone know if I should talk to this "friend" and get money from him for a replacement phone? It is working fine now - although I use the term now loosely. I have heard that once it gets wet it will almost always get ****ed up not long after. What should I do? Get the $300 from him for a new phone? And no, I'm not worried about loosing our friendship over this. Thanks for any help!

EDIT: I have the BB Pearl 8130 from Bell.
    Last edited by unorthadox; 05-13-09 at 12:09 PM.
    05-13-09 11:34 AM
    If you're not worried about the friendship then yeah! Get the money! What the heck was he doing pouring beer in your pocket anyway?!
    05-13-09 12:10 PM
    He's a bit immature I guess, IDK.

What is your take on getting a BB through eBay Sessica? I've found a couple from Canada that are with Bell and seem to be decent quality. I feel bad asking him for $350 - even though I know I shouldn't.
    05-13-09 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD