Picked up an 8900 sim free in the winter (I don't wait for contracts to run out if I really need an upgrade... and 8320 > 8900 was a definite needed upgrade), but is it really worth grabbing the 9630 this summer if I already have a phone that has EDGE/Wi-Fi? 3G alone isn't a closer for me. I don't know what CDMA is and I'm in the UK (think it's an American thing?). I'm in the process of blacking out my blackberry, and the 9630 has a fat piece of fake chrome on it.

I'm wondering if it's all worth it, or if I should hang on to the 8900 for another yearish and wait for the next gen Pluto/Magnum etc. That keyboard is tempting me, though. :/
    05-13-09 10:47 AM
    8900 and 9630 are very similar, i don't think you should switch. wait for Pluto/magnum or what ever BB comes puts out later.
    05-13-09 11:20 AM
    Agreed...the only big difference is the style of keyboard and the 9630 is a tad bigger than the 8900. Just wait until a nicer device comes out that is GSM. Don't like the Bold? It has the same style of keyboard that the 9630 will have.
    05-13-09 01:12 PM
    You should wait til it comes out and try it out and see if it's worth it
    05-13-09 01:22 PM
    Agreed...the only big difference is the style of keyboard and the 9630 is a tad bigger than the 8900. Just wait until a nicer device comes out that is GSM. Don't like the Bold? It has the same style of keyboard that the 9630 will have.
    I consider the Bold a downgrade from the 8900 personally, except for 3G.

Guess I'm waiting for the newer, nicer phones! Gonna skip the hype on this one.
    05-13-09 05:14 PM

Really? You consider the Bold a downgrade to the 8900? I'm a newbie, but from what I understand, the Bold is the top of the line BB device right now, even above the 8900.
    05-13-09 05:18 PM

dont let CX see you saying that!

lol
    05-13-09 05:19 PM
    Alright, the Bold is bigger (can be a pro or a con, I prefer the Curve's form factor, or even the Tour's), has a nicer keyboard, faster processor, and has 3G.

The 8900 has a better camera (3.2mp with AF > 2mp), a stable OS throughout, a higher resolution screen, supports up to 16GB microSD > Bold's 8GB (from the specs I've read), the browser seems quicker, the trackball is much improved... Feh, people with different uses for their BBs will prefer different phones, and I did say it was just my personal opinion. :]

Really? You consider the Bold a downgrade to the 8900? I'm a newbie, but from what I understand, the Bold is the top of the line BB device right now, even above the 8900.
    I thought the Storm was RIM's posterchild right now?
    Last edited by rvzero; 05-13-09 at 05:30 PM.
    05-13-09 05:28 PM
    hello how do u unlock the storm also do u have the codes mine is unlocked i just cant use the internet annd mms messaging can u please help me out
    05-13-09 05:45 PM
    hello how do u unlock the storm also do u have the codes mine is unlocked i just cant use the internet annd mms messaging can u please help me out
    Wrong forum/thread.

unlock blackberry storm - Google Search

You'll most likely have to pay for the code. If you've messed it up, your service likely won't work. Hence the internet/MMS not working I guess. If not, send the settings to your phone or type them in manually. Might need to call your network for the info or google that too.
    05-13-09 05:49 PM
    Picked up an 8900 sim free in the winter (I don't wait for contracts to run out if I really need an upgrade... and 8320 > 8900 was a definite needed upgrade), but is it really worth grabbing the 9630 this summer if I already have a phone that has EDGE/Wi-Fi? 3G alone isn't a closer for me. I don't know what CDMA is and I'm in the UK (think it's an American thing?). I'm in the process of blacking out my blackberry, and the 9630 has a fat piece of fake chrome on it.

I'm wondering if it's all worth it, or if I should hang on to the 8900 for another yearish and wait for the next gen Pluto/Magnum etc. That keyboard is tempting me, though. :/
    the 8900 is to close to the device to warrant a upgrade at least in my opinion you might as well wait until something is a bit farther advanced as your 8900 is a really nice device still
    05-14-09 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD