Just wondering if any storm owner has been able to convince verizon customer service to send them a bold for their storm. I'm on my third storm and the problem is clearly the OS.

*Storm fanboys please don't waste space in this thread telling me to upgrade with a leak and that the storm is amazing... I just want out.
    05-13-09 09:05 AM
    verizon doesn't have the bold. your best bet is wait for the Tour (rumor release date July) but good luck trying to get out of the storm
    05-13-09 09:08 AM
    considering VZW doesn't have the bold.. i dont see how this is even an option.
    05-13-09 09:08 AM
    well alrighty. How about something else.
    05-13-09 09:12 AM
    If you figure out how to get Verizon to give us a Bold, then please make a tutorial and post
    05-13-09 09:13 AM
    they might give you a curve to get you out of the storm
    05-13-09 09:14 AM
    Just wondering if any storm owner has been able to convince verizon customer service to send them a bold for their storm. I'm on my third storm and the problem is clearly the OS.

*Storm fanboys please don't waste space in this thread telling me to upgrade with a leak and that the storm is amazing... I just want out.
    you have posted this same thing yesterday and bunch of people told you that you could...i will be nice today. Call vzw CS and say you are not happy you have had 3, would they let you have a curve instead of the storm, it may change ur upgrade eligablity and possibly may have to pay 50 bucks. Tell them the one you have is not working(the screen isnt clicking, anything really). Chances are they will get it done, if not have them send u one more storm, the day you get it call and say it doesnt work either and you want a different model phone. I know people that have done this. If that doesnt work PM me and I will make a few calls and try to get it taken care of.
    05-13-09 09:18 AM
    And if they wont even send you out a new one pm and i will try to do something.
    05-13-09 09:33 AM
    Thanks for the help.
    05-13-09 11:20 AM
    did u get ne where with this?
    05-15-09 09:56 AM
    stormerman, just curious...what's your background and what kind of pull do you have? are you a vzw retailer or are you in corporate?

obviously, you don't have to reply to that, but i thought i'd ask. cheers.
    05-15-09 10:09 AM
    lol...like he/she is going to come clean on that one. Can you imagine what would happen if he/she said 'yeah, I work at vzw corporate'? either he/she would get spammed to death with 'why only .75!?!?!?' pm's or mocked religiously no matter what they said or hunted down and beaten senseless...it's really a no-win situation.

Yeah...not going to get a response there I would wager...
    05-15-09 10:44 AM
    lol...like he/she is going to come clean on that one. Can you imagine what would happen if he/she said 'yeah, I work at vzw corporate'? either he/she would get spammed to death with 'why only .75!?!?!?' pm's or mocked religiously no matter what they said or hunted down and beaten senseless...it's really a no-win situation.

lol i like this answer....
    05-15-09 10:47 AM

LOL...yeah, true. I didn't think that through, I was just thinking "cool, someone in a position of authority actually cares". Hmm, that thought was "LOL" inducing also. I'll quit while I'm behind.
    05-15-09 11:00 AM
    LOL...yeah, true. I didn't think that through, I was just thinking "cool, someone in a position of authority actually cares". Hmm, that thought was "LOL" inducing also. I'll quit while I'm behind.
    disclaimer..i have never nor will i ever make any claim that i am anyone worth a **** in vzw i will not even begin to detail or reveal if i am sales, corprate, retail, CS, indirect. I work for VZW, thats all. I once told more somewhere and it bite me in the ***, so that being said DONT PM and ask stupid questions. thanks
    05-15-09 11:50 AM
    Generally speaking they can switch you to a new phone model IF you have had 3 or more replacements.
    05-15-09 11:53 AM
    Why is this in the Storm forums again?
    05-15-09 11:55 AM
    even better question this should be in verizon. and yes pk but 3 in 90 days...or someone just angry enough to "cancel" wink wink nudge nudge...
    05-15-09 11:57 AM
    even better question this should be in verizon. and yes pk but 3 in 90 days...or someone just angry enough to "cancel" wink wink nudge nudge...
    The "threatend to cancel" approach is not going to get you anywhere if you're going into a store more than likely...To be honest that approach doesn't work nearly as much as people may think when it comes to replacing equipment...If the bottom line for you is to get away from the storm and move to a curve, your best bet is to give cs a call first to go over all options before going into a store...One thing that may work for you is that, most of the problems you're probably having are known issues as this point and not alien to anyone...Moving to a curve before your eligible or without having received at least 3 replacements in 90 days isn't out of the question but an exception would have to be made...
    05-15-09 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD