Ok, so I recently upgraded my hotmail account so as to push emails to my bb pearl. The proplem that I have is that I now have 3 different icons reporting messages on my home screen.

1. One for my "sms and mms" texts(icon is piece of paper w/ phone on it)
    2. One that is just labeled "messages" that receives emails(icon is an envelope)
    3. Another one that receives the same emails titled with my email address(icon is an envelope w/ a globe)
    *icons based on BB dimension theme

So, I know if I go through the menu I can combine sms/mms with emails. Still though I am receiving emails in both of the folders/apps....whatever.

To that end....how do I get rid of one of these icons associated with emails?

-I hope this is coherent enough-
    03-07-08 08:52 PM
    i "hide" mine that's about all i know how to do.
    03-07-08 09:09 PM
    Yeah thats what I was thinking.
    Ive been trying to figure out what the purpose is of having the two folders....
    If indeed one doesnt serve more of a purpose than the other, then it seems a bit redundant.
    03-07-08 09:16 PM
    You can go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book, and delete the extra service books for the account.
    03-07-08 09:22 PM
    The message folder is for general emails ( to make it easier to read & reply different emails all in 1 place/folder as compare to go to each email folder to read emails & reply).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-08 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD