Storm owners like me who are not willing to void their warranties by upgrading with leaked operating systems should not have to put up with this unacceptable OS and phone we paid $200-$600 plus our monthly charges for. Now that the most recent OS has failed, it looks like we will be waiting even longer for something official that may or may not even fix our problems. Anyone out there know how to start a class action lawsuit?
    05-12-09 08:29 AM
    It will never happen, every year the video game industry goes through the same thing year in and year out. Not saying you cant start one but they will end up costing you (us) a lot more money than just having to wait for an official OS to come out.
    05-12-09 08:32 AM
    I thought there was one in play but not sure.. If not I sure as **** am as pissed off about this damn OS and the money i spent on this phone.
    05-12-09 08:33 AM
    Trust me, unless your Storm got so hot, exploded, and started your house on fire. You may not have a very strong base for a class action. Considering when you sign your contract there is a clause in there for operating waivers etc.

like J said, it will end up costing you a lot more money.
    05-12-09 08:34 AM
    It does not void your warranty just makes it harder to get customer support. Its very easy to go back to .75 if you need to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 08:34 AM
    Yeah, let me know how that works out for you.

Edit: perhaps this thread should be in the Rants section with the other nonsense.
    05-12-09 08:39 AM
    It does not void your warranty just makes it harder to get customer support. Its very easy to go back to .75 if you need to.

Not sure what this is in reference too.
    05-12-09 08:41 AM
    It will never happen, every year the video game industry goes through the same thing year in and year out. Not saying you cant start one but they will end up costing you (us) a lot more money than just having to wait for an official OS to come out.

I agreed with you !! I admit that lawsuit is not the answer and if that goes ahead with lawsuit and then it will stop BB from making new devices for awhile and for new devices will probably becoming very expensive to buy for customers so that RIM can recover the losses from lawsuits
    Last edited by Oilersboy; 05-12-09 at 09:00 AM.
    05-12-09 08:44 AM
    Storm owners like me who are not willing to void their warranties by upgrading with leaked operating systems should not have to put up with this unacceptable OS and phone we paid $200-$600 plus our monthly charges for. Now that the most recent OS has failed, it looks like we will be waiting even longer for something official that may or may not even fix our problems. Anyone out there know how to start a class action lawsuit?
    this is what's wrong with america. relax. if you don't like it, take it back and get something like an 8330 that's been out for a while and still good enough to outsell iphones.
    05-12-09 08:50 AM
    this is what's wrong with america. relax. if you don't like it, take it back and get something like an 8330 that's been out for a while and still good enough to outsell iphones.

This is also a true statement. I ran with the curve for a very long time before I decided to go Storm. I will never go back and would return the storm everyday if I had to. Though, the curve may be your best bet.
    05-12-09 08:52 AM
    Not sure what this is in reference too.
    He's talking about putting one of the beta OSs on your phone. It does not void the warranty, but VZW Support does not have to help you with issues on your phone if its not running and official OS
    05-12-09 08:53 AM
    You can start by contacting RIM's legal department and inform them you're filing a lawsuit against them.

Let us know how it goes...
    05-12-09 08:57 AM
    Law suit is very unlikely but we feel your pain, the storm has been a huge mistake from Rim and believe me you do not need to do a lawsuit, people that bought a bb for the first time and went with a storm wont get back to Rim for a while..
    05-12-09 08:58 AM
    He's talking about putting one of the beta OSs on your phone. It does not void the warranty, but VZW Support does not have to help you with issues on your phone if its not running and official OS
    verizon cannot help with you if you runs into problems with leaked OS or using other carriers because of warranty issues. but they can help you with problem with only .75
    05-12-09 08:59 AM
    Correct and as others have stated you would need a very strong case for a class action suit.

05-12-09 09:00 AM
    Yeah I would prefer to get an official update but if they keep pushing it back then I will be forced to upgrade my OS myself. I mean nothing is going to be perfect. They must all be focused on the OS for the Storm 2. Don�t forget us!!
    05-12-09 09:00 AM
    This is what happens when you are an 'early adopter'. This is RIM's first touchscreen device so of course it's probably going to have a few problems. There are relatively few devices that come to market completely flawless. I happen to love my storm, even with the little quirks. I've been an early adopter for a lot of electronics and yes, they often have issues. My advice to you is that if you want a product with less issues, wait until revision 2 or 3 comes out.
    05-12-09 09:07 AM
    You'd have one heck of hard time filing a class action lawsuit for dissatisfaction of a product that you were given 30 days to try it and if not happy return it. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but class action lawsuits have to involve hundreds of thousands of people that have been physically damaged in some way shape or form, being upset with the way a company supports or does not support a product doesn't seem to qualify for a suit, now if the product caused illness, etc. then you might be onto something.
    05-12-09 09:08 AM
    How has a Storm bug cost you money? You may not like the way it performs, but just because you wish it was better doesn't mean you are entitled to some monetary compensation. Be sure to also sue Microsoft for selling a version of Windows with a bug in it. And don't forget to sue the cable company, because even with a hundred channels, there's still nothing on worth watching.
    05-12-09 09:09 AM
    Vote with your wallet/purse and leave......
    05-12-09 09:13 AM
    when you call into VZW or RIM support they can immediately see what OS version you're running... all they'll do is say to downgrade to a supported OS. so i'd just upgrade. yes, you shouldn't have to, but if you want the best out of your device its the only thing to do.
    05-12-09 09:13 AM
    Cam we bury ******** threads like this?

How many phones (or electronic devices in general) are released and do not perform as well as "a particular customer" or "group of customers" may have assumed it would perform?

A ****t-ton that's how many.

Vote with your wallet/purse and leave......
    my thoughts exactly.
    05-12-09 09:20 AM
    Good luck getting anywhere with the lawsuit. Yes the latest official OS sucks, but you had 30 days to determine whether or not it was good enough for you and now you're stuck.

I am sure this was said already, but I'll say it again. You can whine that you shouldn't have to load a leaked OS, or you can load one and actually enjoy the storm which you paid for and continue to pay for every month. Clearly you don't hate it enough to leave Verizon over it or buy another phone, so you might as well make the best of a slightly sticky situation.
    05-12-09 09:26 AM
    I never owned a BB before my beautiful and wonderful storm.
    I will admit that it took me about a month to get the hang of typing on it and navigating the menus
    But this us truly an awesome device. ITS not perfect but it is awesome.
    And like my chap from across the pond said..if you don't like it..don't sue...RIM didn't MAKE you buy this phone...just get rid of it and buy anther one you knuckle head.

05-12-09 09:43 AM
    Law suit is very unlikely but we feel your pain, the storm has been a huge mistake from Rim and believe me you do not need to do a lawsuit, people that bought a bb for the first time and went with a storm wont get back to Rim for a while..
    I'm a first time BB user and got the Storm. Haven't had any major issues with mine that made me feel like tossing it across the room. As much of a supposed "disaster" the Storm is said to have been, I'm foresee myself sticking with RIM for quite a while.
    05-12-09 09:59 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD