Ok, so I look at trying Opera Mini on my VZW 8830, it's a 'no-go' according to their website. Anyone try it on the VZW 8830 and have it working? If so, how? I've reloaded mine like 4x in the past 12 hours due to people calling me while I was upgrading the OS so I don't want to do it again.

If not, what else is there to use which is like Opera Mini?
    03-07-08 01:38 PM
    Works fine for me.
    03-07-08 01:45 PM
    I've loaded it twice on my 8830... the 2nd time due to my own messups, but it's worked great both times, clean install, no issues
    03-07-08 02:07 PM
    Make sure the BB Browser emulation is set to Blackberry before you go to www.operamini.com Otherwise you won't see the OTA install. Also, don't mess with the TCP APN settings on the phone. If you do, it won't work and you'll have to do a wipe of the handheld and restore your backup.

BTW, turn off the damn radio when you do OS updates. Common sense man....
    03-07-08 02:11 PM
    I use Opera Mini 4 on my Verizon 8830, and I absolutely love it. It really beats the heck out of the blackberry browser. I was able to install it through desktop manager with no problems.
    It's as close to a full browser experience that I have seen on a mobile phone, save the iPhone.
    03-07-08 02:46 PM
    I agree, the overall look is better than stock but the spacebar period key doesn't work, it takes so many more steps to get someplace with all those pop up "yes" "no" "cancel" options, I couldn't get used to it.
    03-07-08 04:43 PM
    Def love Opera Mini. Its a great browser. Way better than BB Browser

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-08 01:33 PM
    Someone needs to STICKY my posts about not messing with APN settings (on CDMA Blackberries) and to set your BB Emulation right in order to get Opera Mini working. It'll keep posts like this from happening.... over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
    03-10-08 12:33 AM
    I too have tried loading Opera Mini and while it seems to work, I get this "the application Opera Mini has attempted to access a low-level network connection. Would you like to continue" When I say yes, it seems to work?

But I don't think it is tat much greater then the BB browser on my 8830??
    03-11-08 12:24 PM
    But I don't think it is tat much greater then the BB browser on my 8830??
    Visit some more advanced websites that have a lot of data on them and try to do certain things on them. You'll see the differences very quickly. Example... Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
    03-11-08 03:09 PM
    Opera mini is IMO, the single best free app for BB. And I have a lot of them.
    03-12-08 06:07 AM
    I have a question about doing a wipe, when you reach that point of no return of course backing up your device before doing so, there is a option given in which it asks you if you also want to delete the 3rd party programs as well, would that be a yes, or a no? Anyone?
    03-13-08 01:46 PM
    That would be a No. Otherwise you'll have to reload the programs from scratch. The manual backups you run do not backup 3rd party apps, only the Loader Backups when DM does an OS update backs up 3rd party apps. Be aware of that.
    03-13-08 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD