any difference between the two?

and also if not, any reason i should switch from .141 to the hybrid?
    05-11-09 10:09 PM
    I didnt notice any difference with them, ran each for around a 5 days maybe
    05-11-09 10:18 PM
    bump! anyone else?
    05-11-09 10:43 PM
    Main difference I feel is in the keyboard. Very snappy best I've seen.

I'm beginning to wonder about rhe phone. My wife had a tough time hearing me tonight but who knows maybe it was her blackberry. It is the .132 radio and this is the fiest complaint I jave had.

Give it a try if you don't like it you can go back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 10:44 PM
    I never tried .141, but the battery life on the hybrid for me has been the best out of any OS I've tried. I charged it last night, and still have more than half the battery left with moderate use.
    05-11-09 11:18 PM
    I used .141 for about 2 days, I found that there was a lock bug.(when i lock my fone my screen would dim out and then come back up) And i didnt think the battery life lasted as long as my old os. (.113) but it is really a matter of opinion. just try the os out and see if u like it or not.
    05-12-09 08:08 AM
    Is their a comprehensive review of all of the OS's out there. I got my storm a couple days ago and use 141 and find the battery life unacceptable. I love the phone, if I could run it a full day.
    05-13-09 10:25 AM
    For me .141 was utter ****, my battery life was jokecity. I actually wiped and switched back to .75 then I decided that I still hate that OS so I came back to .132 and did the 5.0 hybrid and after a little shakey on the update it seems to fly. Battery life should be good seeing that it uses alot of .132
    05-13-09 10:33 AM
    my battery life is HORRIBLE. with BARELY any usage, i'm down to 60% after 3 hours. BARELY ANY USAGE!!!
    The only apps running in the background are the core apps.
    05-13-09 12:48 PM
    I'm currently running a non-hybrid .132 and my battery has drained 80% from 6am-3pm with not a single phone call made. I'm hoping the .141 hybrid will help...even if it's just a little. As it is right now I'm thinking of going back to .75 if this doesn't clear because I can't be charging this thing all day and night.
    05-13-09 01:11 PM
    Every OS after .114 has terrible battery life IMO. I've recently installed BBCrackman .141 v5 hybird and saw a little improvement in the battery life. Now the battery lasts almost all day with very little usage but it's defiantly not what it used to be. The only things I have running are BerryWeather and MetterBerry and yes I've uninstalled them both and ran my phone for a few days with nothing running and the battery still only lasted half a day with very little usage. Other then that I love my Storm.
    05-13-09 01:24 PM
    haven't had a problem with battery life ... it seems to be better than .75 or anything else imo.

i have had it off the charger since 8am and its now 1:30, and i am down to 85%.. the battery does seem to start dropping off more rapidly after around 60% though.. but it will easily last a day and a half which is 100% acceptable for a smart phone.
    05-13-09 01:29 PM
    I've run both and definitely like the hybrid (lyricindal's) better. The hybrid is a little quicker and more stable. I think the battery life was the same for me...about 36 to 48 hours between charges. I'm pretty sure the radio in the hybrid is from 132, which is believed to be better. This is just my opinion, but I think that radio thing is more significant than most other things in regard to battery life. I think that everyone's battery life is directly related to the radio their OS is running and how well it finds and HOLDS a signal. If it doesn't do that well, or your frequently in a weak signal area, your phone will constantly be searching/switching radio modes. That's a serious battery drain. All of that is, as stated earlier, just my opinion. I would go with lyricindal's .141/5.0 hybrid. It's a piece of cake to install and runs better than any other OS I've run so far.

Grey
    05-13-09 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD