I've used Vlingo for ages on my Pearl. I recently got an 8900 and switched all apps over via the desktop manager. There was a phone problem on my 8900 so I had to send the phone back - I switched everything over the same way.

So now Vlingo is not working. When I go to set up the convenience key, a box comes up and says "I didn't catch that". I thought maybe I had another defective BB so I checked both convenience keys and they are working. Just to be safe I used Crackmem to delete the voice activated dialing. Still doesn't work. I checked the vlingo options to make sure the proper convenience key was selected and it's OK. I checked the other options and everything is set to allow.

Then I got the bright idea that I'd delete it and reinstall. Bad move. It totally disappeared. Then I saw someone else post that they had the files so I downloaded, retrieved them from Desktop manager and it's the same cr*p. I get the stupid message that "I didn't catch that". any ideas before I have to fork over 17.99. I was happy with the way it was. Thanks.

could it be the APN stuff because now it is set to epc something instead of what it was on my pearl?

I've tried it with wifi on and wifi off, no go.. For connection type it says direct TCP

Thanks
    Last edited by Miz.Michele; 05-11-09 at 08:57 PM. Reason: typo
    05-11-09 08:54 PM
    It is still free at vlingo.com just don't upgrade to premium service
    05-11-09 09:07 PM
    I had gone to the site and they changed it from what I had - you can only text others that have it...to text anyone else unless you must upgrade which I will do if I have to...I just thought I'd keep the version I was using, it worked fine until now.
    05-11-09 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD