Here is a throwback to the TI-83 calculator days: Berry Wars! Based on games like Dope Wars and Drug Wars, Berry Wars pits you as a drug dealer in New York. You start out with a small amount of money, and 30 days to prove yourself in the business.

Berry Wars | Dope Wars and Drug Wars for Blackberry Storm - Games BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

The premise is very simple: buy low and sell high. Every day, you can visit one location and trade drugs with the locals. The prices change daily, so searching out a deal takes a bit of experience.

New York is not a safe place for a drug dealer, so you have to buy guns to protect yourself, and armor like coats to protect yourself, as well as hold more drugs. When you enter new locations, the locals might try to pick fights. You have to choose to fight back and risk damage, bribe them most of your money to get them to leave, or to try to run away. But if you get caught running, you usually catch quite a beating.

Getting money is shady, and you can visit the Loan Shark once a day only. When you apply for a loan and you are offered whatever amount he pleases, take it or leave it! Each loan comes with daily interest, and when your debts get too high, you need to watch out for the goons he sends.

If you manage to survive all 30 days, you can post your high score. Coming soon will be a worldwide scoreboard where you can see how you compare to everyone else. For now, the top 10 high scores are saved.

Don't have time to finish your game? Just click the back button on the location screen and your game will be saved! Just press Resume Game when you come back, and you can continue on the next day.

• Full touch support for the Storm -- navigation is handled by swiping between screens which provides for an intuitive and easy to use app
    • Save your game at any time and come back to where you were--even after a battery pull!
    • Post your high score locally to see how you compare to others on your phone--coming soon Worldwide Score Boards!
    • Tons and tons of replay value -- based on our algorithms, no game EVERY plays the same. You can always strive to hit an ever higher score. Over time updates will come out to tweak the game, but current high scores will always stand!
    • Great graphics -- this app is loaded with colorful graphics to help with gameplay. The screens look great on the Storms screen and is just one reason why Berry Wars is a STORM EXCLUSIVE APP.

Berry Wars | Dope Wars and Drug Wars for Blackberry Storm - Games BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    Last edited by EpicDraws; 07-10-09 at 07:07 PM.
    05-10-09 11:52 PM
    Forgot to mention, a FREE TRIAL is available to try it out =)
    05-10-09 11:56 PM
    Very nice! Can't wait to download this!
    05-10-09 11:58 PM
    Guys, you MUST try this app. I beta tested it and let me say it is amazingly fun.

EpicDraws is a great developer, during testing he was very open to listen about any bugs or suggestion I had for the application. (And quite a few of them made it into the game )

He chatted with me via IM so I could give him real-time feedback and he could throw up fixes / changes. Which is a completely different experience I've had from any other testing.

This is another one of those games you will spend hours playing! With a free trial I think everyone should try it out and if you like it pick it up at only $1.99
    05-10-09 11:58 PM
    Ladies and Gents, Let me tell you something.

This game is fantastic. I helped beta test BerryWars and spoke to Derek (Epic) through AIM messenger. He worked side by side with his testers to produce a great and bug free game. Can't say I've ever had another Dev do this.

This game is fun, and very addicting.
    What I love MOST about this, is Derek is a ambitious man. Speaking with him, he made clear sense that he was in this game for the customers. He's got some things he's working on, including possible plans for older applications.

He'll stand by this one, and i truly believe that.

Worth the two bucks guys, Thats no lie. This is my honest opinion on this game. It's very fun!!
    05-11-09 12:00 AM
    Woot! I heard a lot about dope wars for BB, but I didn't want to go through that whole library thing. You should see the review I did for your Shake-On-It app.
    05-11-09 12:00 AM
    Nice looking port! An old classic updated for the storm. Do you give freebies to mods. . J/k

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 12:01 AM
    Nice looking port! An old classic updated for the storm. Do you give freebies to mods. . J/k

I'd be glad to give you a copy to check out/review. Please PM me =)
    05-11-09 12:03 AM
    What is limited in the trial?

05-11-09 12:10 AM
    The trial lets you play 3 games.
    05-11-09 12:10 AM
    I'll wait til there is a free version. Can't see why anyone will pay for an app that was not the creators own idea, but a free app on other platforms.

05-11-09 01:23 AM
    I'll wait til there is a free version. Can't see why anyone will pay for an app that was not the creators own idea, but a free app on other platforms.

Ah, and the many, many hours I worked and the hours I spent with testers dont mean anything, because it wasnt initially my whole idea, right?

For everyone else who can appreciate a great app at a great price, please check it out!
    05-11-09 01:27 AM
    Nicely done! I really enjoyed playing this game before, and I can see myself wasting hours on it now (just what I needed before finals. I am coming after you if I don't pass my classes) ha ha.

Great game and pretty darn good price too. Keep up the good work.
    05-11-09 01:37 AM

This application is definitely worth the price. EpicDraws put a lot of hard work into this application. I don't see the original creator of Drug Wars doing any BlackBerry development.

I hope everyone enjoys it! I would recommend downloading the free trial and if you like it purchase it and support this great developer!
    05-11-09 01:39 AM

This is just ridiculous. He made it a great quality game for the BlackBerry Storm. He put a lot of time into it and a lot of requests as well.

You're right though, who does a remake of something and charges for it?!
    Texas Chainsaw massacre? Na, Freddy? Na.. LOL

It's a great game at a great price.
    05-11-09 01:39 AM
    Yep I think I might just buy

05-11-09 02:04 AM
    This application is definitely worth the price. EpicDraws put a lot of hard work into this application. I don't see the original creator of Drug Wars doing any BlackBerry development.

I hope everyone enjoys it! I would recommend downloading the free trial and if you like it purchase it and support this great developer!
    See, I am going to have to disagree with you there....

I recommend just purchasing the game. It is a lot of fun and it is only 1.99. No free trial needed!
    05-11-09 02:05 AM
    See, I am going to have to disagree with you there....

I recommend just purchasing the game. It is a lot of fun and it is only 1.99. No free trial needed!
    Haha, well I had to say that so people wouldn't complain! I mean there is no reason to waste time getting the trial when you'll just end up buying it
    05-11-09 02:07 AM
    Haha, well I had to say that so people wouldn't complain! I mean there is no reason to waste time getting the trial when you'll just end up buying it
    You mean people complain on here? No way! Say it isn't so! lol

On a serious, note, err, somewhat serious, can we get a bank? I know I can borrow money, but is there a place I can put the money I make? That da** kid keeps taking my money. haha. Getting busted by some street kid.
    05-11-09 02:13 AM
    im pretty picky when it comes to games but great job bro! I can definitely count on you now for great games!
    05-11-09 02:36 AM
    I purchased and love it!!! Well done! It is the good ole' game with some fancy backgrounds! I love it!
    05-11-09 03:11 AM
    i had a really fun one for pc along time ago. you could buy a semi to haul all your coke lol.
    05-11-09 05:00 AM
    Oh nice! Finally a good Dope Wars game for the Storm. Well done man! I'll surely purchase it! First, I'll download the trial.
    05-11-09 06:00 AM
    Downloaded the trial, love it! But I wanna know who the loan-shark guy is (foto) HAHA.
    05-11-09 06:05 AM
    Neat game.. You may want to consider making it 60 or 90 days. Some of the upgrades don't make sense in context with its length. I may be wrong here but it doesn't seem to calculate drugs on hand towards cash totals which hoses your total score.

Last edited by Kaus; 05-11-09 at 10:09 AM.
    05-11-09 10:04 AM
155 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD