how can they come out with a new storm 2 and not have the old one working 100%.people we are hook and they know it. like drug dealers.
    05-10-09 07:32 PM
    well clearly we know that RIM is not a dumb company. They know how to make money. And just cuz a new one comes out, doesnt mean you have to get rid of the original storm for the new one right away!
    05-10-09 07:35 PM
    how can they come out with a new storm 2 and not have the old one working 100%.people we are hook and they know it. like drug dealers.
    Seriously dude, RELAX! The new Storm is sitting on someone's drawing board. Did you think that they wouldn't make a new one? Because it's been confirmed, you thinks it's coming tomorrow? This is a stupid thread!!

By the way, mine works 100%.
    05-10-09 07:38 PM
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there will always be new technology coming out.

Sorry.
    05-10-09 07:39 PM
    wow the storm 2 is out already! thanks for the important news bulletin.

Seriously, every company is constantly developing new models. Even broke a$$ chrysler and gm are still working on new stuff. New model year=new models
    05-10-09 07:43 PM
    You were behind the technology eight ball the minute you bought the new BB release. Same with computers. The minute you buy the latest/greatest, you are behind in the technology eight ball.

Who's turn to break?
    05-10-09 07:51 PM
    Hi, welcome to the rants and raves section of crackberry!
    05-10-09 08:30 PM
    dude storm 2 wont come out for what another year or two. chill out and go buy an iphone.
    05-10-09 08:55 PM
    I hear they are working on a Storm 3 based on the Storm 2 that has not been produced yet. Now do I keep my Storm, skip the Storm 2, and then get the Storm 3? But perhaps the Storm 2 could be a better OS than the Storm 3 because I heard there will be a secret new OS, but also I heard there are already bugs in it. So is anyone here working on a unofficial update to the Storm 3 OS which has yet to be developed, or should I go back to .65 on my current Storm?
    05-11-09 07:59 AM
    Just bought storm 4 on ebay.

Oh wait.... thats storm #4 lol!
    05-11-09 08:03 AM
    chill out and go buy an iphone.
    Why would want to make that mistake?
    05-11-09 08:11 AM
    Why would want to make that mistake?
    because then he can rant in the iphone forums when apple continues to release new hardware every 6 mo instead of coming here
    05-11-09 02:21 PM
    because then he can rant in the iphone forums when apple continues to release new hardware every 6 mo instead of coming here
    Good one. Personally, if I still had my Storm I wouldn't feel upset if they came out with another device. I did'nt feel that way with the iPhone. I think the reason some people may feel upset is because of the headaches they have been having with the phone. Those that have had none or very little issues will probably not care about a new one and gladly welcome it as they will be excited to see the Storm get better than they feel it is. But those that have had less than pleasing experience will feel used and like guinea pigs because they dealt with frustration for all this time and it will seem like RIM has bailed out on them. It sucks but unfortunately that's how technology is nowdays.

Hopefully they will help current Storm users transition to the new one (whenever that maybe.... who knows) by allowing them the 2 year contract price if it comes out before then. What we wouldn't want them to do is release a very strong OS and then 4 months later come out with a new device and then they won't feel obligated to help current, and loyal customers because the device is now awesome 8 months into release lol. We'll see what happens.
    05-11-09 03:13 PM
    LOL true. I have recently come to the conclusion, that virtually every iPhone owner is a viral slave marketer on Apple�s payroll. I mean seriously. You can't ask these people a dang thing without them having consult their shiny black toy! You don't even have to look to see if they are an owner. Just turn around and look, odds are that at least 2 or 3 of them are withing 5 feet of you.

�Where should we eat tonight?� Let me check the iPhone.

�Have you seen the new Facebook layout?� Let me check the iPhone.

�How�s your cancer?� Let me check the iPhone.

�Are you being held hostage by the iPhone?� Let me check the �help me.
    05-11-09 03:26 PM
    LOL true. I have recently come to the conclusion, that virtually every iPhone owner is a viral slave marketer on Apple’s payroll. I mean seriously. You can't ask these people a dang thing without them having consult their shiny black toy! You don't even have to look to see if they are an owner. Just turn around and look, odds are that at least 2 or 3 of them are withing 5 feet of you.

“Where should we eat tonight?” Let me check the iPhone.

“Have you seen the new Facebook layout?” Let me check the iPhone.

“How’s your cancer?” Let me check the iPhone.

“Are you being held hostage by the iPhone?” Let me check the …help me.
    Yeah and if the Storm worked like it you wouldn't be doing the same
    ?

Come on your fooling nobody. : )

Not nice living in the shadow of the iPhone is it : D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 04:51 PM
    Hey if this one doesn't have A) Clicking issues or B) Dust issues under the screen i might actually try my luck with the Storm 2... Im just sucking it up till it comes out to be honest im sick and tired of sending back my phone just to get another portable sandbox. Its a $500 device why is there so much F in dust under the screen. I love my phone i love it but fix the damn screen and its dust. There is nothing as embarrassing when your trying to show off your phone on a sunny day and you say hey check out this sick movie on my storm oh wait don't mind all the dust cluttering your view.

(as a side note being able to play two sounds at once would be nice and give us more app memory please. Then i dont think ill need to go in this rant section when im an owner of the Storm 2 hopefully)
    05-11-09 06:45 PM
    ?

Come on your fooling nobody. : )

Not nice living in the shadow of the iPhone is it : D

I live in the shadow of no device. And if I have to keep handing my phone to my iPhone coworkers to make phone calls, I am going to start charging them airtime.
    05-11-09 07:01 PM
    I live in the shadow of no device. And if I have to keep handing my phone to my iPhone coworkers to make phone calls, I am going to start charging them airtime.
    Sorry not buying it. AT&T may not have as great of coverage as VZW but its not that bad.

People usually move to a spot to make calls if they don't have signal.

Unless you work in a basement I call bool shiat : )

05-11-09 08:28 PM
    Sorry not buying it. AT&T may not have as great of coverage as VZW but its not that bad.

People usually move to a spot to make calls if they don't have signal.

Unless you work in a basement I call bool shiat : )

Not buying what? The devices or the network? IMO, the iPhone would be a better device if it was on Verizon. Does that mean it would rival all others? Maybe in terms of sales, but again it's what users prefer. I would give equal opportunity to Apple if and when it comes to Verizon for personal use only, I would never give the iPhone the opportunity to serve as a business device for me.

?
    The Storm works for me, I see no point in following the following.
    Last edited by jbdale; 05-12-09 at 08:29 AM.
    05-12-09 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD