wow, what gives? ya ive been downloading all the good leaked versions when they come out but come on they've pushed this Official OS back for quite some time now and this is just getting ridiculous..

they need to stop bull$***ing and get it out already!

first we heard early march, than early april than the end of april, and now where almost in the middle of may and nothing STILL! idk whats going on but the way its going right now... we'll be lucky and hopefully get it before 2010 lol

people say they've gone through 4-7 storms and im still on my 1st Storm! its working fine, i just want a SOLID OS and if you think about how fast it is with .141 think about the official?? it might be twice as fast
    Last edited by mxrider821; 05-10-09 at 09:49 PM.
    05-10-09 06:03 PM
    Are you really expecting it??

I wouldnt count on it, and i certainly wont believe it till i see it, until then all we can hope for is continued leaks.

Besides, if and when they do release an official update, most people on here will most likely be using something newer then what they release anyhow, in my opinion anyways.
    05-10-09 06:06 PM
    Are you really expecting it??

I wouldnt count on it, and i certainly wont believe it till i see it, until then all we can hope for is continued leaks.

Besides, if and when they do release an official update, most people on here will most likely be using something newer then what they release anyhow, in my opinion anyways.
    i just dont understand whats taking so long... im not really expecting it, but it would be nice if they would just put it out already
    05-10-09 06:08 PM
    Where did you hear it was being released?
    The noobs here or a Verizon rep?
    05-10-09 06:09 PM
    I'd be more pissed that we don't have a 4.7.0.2XX leak considering Verizon is probably not going to release an official until 5.0 now...
    05-10-09 06:11 PM
    Just get another phone. This phone was a bust. I know a million were bought but how many were returned. I know I went thru 5 of them. Verizon gave me the curve after having the storm for four months. That's how you know the storm was a mistake on verizons part. Have you been able to get a free phone after the 30 days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 06:16 PM
    Just get another phone. This phone was a bust. I know a million were bought but how many were returned. I know I went thru 5 of them. Verizon gave me the curve after having the storm for four months. That's how you know the storm was a mistake on verizons part. Have you been able to get a free phone after the 30 days.

I thought i was picky about things!

Im still on my original Storm since November and dont plan to get a new one, havent had any 'issues' that would require replacements.

5?? come on, thats extreme, what problems did you have?
    05-10-09 06:19 PM
    I grew tired of waiting on Verizon, so I jumped from .75 to .132 last week and have been pleased ever since. I shall be content until Verizon releases 5.0. Or if they never decide to, I'm ok with .132.
    05-10-09 06:21 PM
    Nowhere does he say it's being released. He would like it to be, like all of us, but never said anything about that...
    05-10-09 06:30 PM
    The video cam files said not support on one. Second the left part was not clickable. Third the cam blacked out. Forth the internet said it could not connect all the time. Fifth just froze all the time. So it was time to say goodbye to the pos. Never had probs with any other phone I had. Had verizon for 10 years.I know that the curve is an downgrade but it works.it really works lol

05-10-09 06:34 PM
    I grew tired of waiting on Verizon, so I jumped from .75 to .132 last week and have been pleased ever since. I shall be content until Verizon releases 5.0. Or if they never decide to, I'm ok with .132.
    DITTO...
    I love .132. I look forward to seeing what OS can outdo it.

05-10-09 06:38 PM
    The video cam files said not support on one. Second the left part was not clickable. Third the cam blacked out. Forth the internet said it could not connect all the time. Fifth just froze all the time. So it was time to say goodbye to the pos. Never had probs with any other phone I had. Had verizon for 10 years.I know that the curve is an downgrade but it works.it really works lol

I hear ya, yea sounds like most of those issues were definetly fixable though, if i had to replace my storm a 2nd time i would be perm replacing it with something else. Dont get me wrong the phone is awesome and i am very patient with it but at times i could throw it out the window because its such a snail, a slow snail at that.
    I dont care what OS is on it, it will most likely never stand up to my expectations of how it should run, luckily im patient though otherwise it would be destoryed by now.
    05-10-09 06:39 PM
    If you think .132 is good you guys should try the .141/5.0 Hybrid. It's even better!
    05-10-09 06:43 PM
    wow, what gives? ya ive been downloading all the good leaked versions when they come out but come on they've pushed this Official OS back for quite some time now and this is just getting ridiculous..

they need to stop bull$***ing and get it out already!

first we heard early march, than early april than the end of april, and now where almost in the middle of may and nothing STILL! idk whats going on but the way its going right now... we'll be lucky and hopefully get it before 2010 lol
    Why do yOu care?

05-10-09 06:44 PM
    Ya verizon sucks..... Do you think I could get them to switch my phone for a 9630 when it comes out in July?

05-10-09 06:44 PM
    Ya verizon sucks..... Do you think I could get them to switch my phone for a 9630 when it comes out in July?

Good luck with that one! Do you think that they will make my next car payment?

05-10-09 06:46 PM

LOL, that would be great if they came out and admitted the Storm was a big diss for them and they appreciate our business and will offer us a free upgrade when something better comes out!
    05-10-09 06:46 PM
    A verizon rep of coarse, every week one will tell you it is coming out next week, I was told that today in fact, as well as 2 weeks ago and last month. I just wonder how many times I have to ask it before they figure it out
    05-10-09 07:00 PM
    You don't think that they tell the reps to tell everyone that just to pacify people? :-)

Of course my guy told me "a couple weeks there is an update coming, but its already leaked on Crackberry".

05-10-09 07:09 PM

Why are you here?
    05-10-09 07:28 PM
    man who cares the leaks that have come out are great never had issues plus if it ever comes out it gives us more files to move around and make it even better so.......
    05-10-09 07:33 PM
    If you take a look, the last time the Curve saw an official VZW update was in December, and I think the 8830 owners have been waiting well over a year. Go back to the .75 release threads, and pay special attention to the posts Crucial made about how highly unusual it was to have an update out that fast.

A 6-9 month waiting period between releases seems to be the norm. So get any stupid conspiracy theories you all might have out of your heads. Verizon hasn't "forgotten" the Storm, or "abandoned" it. They may or may not be sitting on a release as has been claimed by reliable sources like Crucial, but they also say they're holding out a little longer to see how 5.0 development for the Storm comes along. If they rushed some release out the door, and it sucked, then you guys would be complaining about that one too, so really it's a no-win situation for Verizon. Don't push out a release, people complain. Push out a release too soon, and people complain because it wasn't tested heavily enough and there are major bugs.

Just calm down, and wait patiently. It will come when it comes. Your b!tching about it here won't make it come any faster, it just gets you more agitated. In the meantime, either load a leaked build or continue on with .75. No point getting yourself all worked up over something you can't control.
    05-10-09 07:41 PM
    I thought i was picky about things!

Im still on my original Storm since November and dont plan to get a new one, havent had any 'issues' that would require replacements.
    Daughter and wife (recently from an Instinct) both now have Curves and lust after my Storm. After helping wife setup/configure, once again, a Curve, I would not willingly go back to one after the past few months on a Storm.

Love the Curve, but the Storm experience has ruined me ... sometimes you just gotta take some bad with the good.
    05-10-09 07:45 PM
    yeah sucks to be on VZW, on the other hand us VF customers have got that simply AMAZING pile of you know what that is .141...! they only rolled it out because everyone just kept ******** at them so they gave us something to shut us up for two days until we worked out how bad it was!
    i know its lame not getting an update, but think how long it will be before VF roll out the NEXT one. i'm guessing OS 6.5.213....
    05-10-09 07:46 PM
    There were a couple of random press reports, and a lot of chatter on these forums, but Ive never heard Verizon promise an update, especially at a certain date. Its funny how so many people say things like "its a well known fact that ........." when they really only know what others have posted on these forums.

I expect to start hearing about a sure thing release date of June 1. Then next month itll be, July 1, for sure......... when will they learn?

I think many people on these forums just assume that an update is coming any day now, mainly because some posters claim to have special inside secret information (that is always wrong).

And finally, like others have said, who cares? What difference does it make to us, since once an official OS update is finally released, it will no doubt be an earlier version that most of us are already running.
    05-10-09 08:38 PM
127 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD