I'm finally getting involved in this growing trend that is Twitter. I just have questions concerning these two apps. I, myself, have Twitterberry, though I've heard a lot of praise surrounding UberTwitter. And I've also read that there is an UberTwitter Beta 2 out. What's the difference between the two? (TB & UB) Pros and cons? And are there any other Twitter apps out there that some of you might suggest? Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by SolezOnFroze; 05-09-09 at 09:58 PM.
    05-09-09 09:53 PM
    I have had both and kept up with updates on both and UT just is so much cleaner and bug free evreyone that twitter and has a BB ive told about UT and they love it. UT has more features I tell everyone to try them both and compare. Do a search on twitter and see what people are saying about it.
    05-09-09 10:04 PM
    UT destroys TB...first off the UI is A LOT cleaner and pleasing to the eye...on top of that the new beta for ubertwitter is loaded with useful features so i would definitely place my best for UT
    05-09-09 10:09 PM
    I appreciate it guys (or gals). I'm gonna download it now. Does anybody have an OTA link for the UT download? Preferably the most up-to-date version.

05-09-09 10:35 PM
    I appreciate it guys (or gals). I'm gonna download it now. Does anybody have an OTA link for the UT download? Preferably the most up-to-date version.

�berTwitter Download
    05-09-09 10:43 PM
    Thanks a lot! I downloaded it and I must say, there a quite a few features I'm unfamiliar with. Probably due to the fact that I'm new to both Twitter AND UT. For instance, retweet as opposed to reply? I don't want to retweet by mistake. Lol. I appreciate the help thus far. UT is a tad slower, but I'll get used to it. I mean, the UI is easier on the eye that TB and there's clearly more going on.

05-09-09 11:04 PM
    haha the reply feature is definitely there...don't confuse it with retweet! i did that once haha
    05-09-09 11:24 PM
    What is retweet? Also, if you don't mind, could you help me with my other issue? I made a separate thread about it. It's in the Apps Forum also.

05-09-09 11:36 PM
    yeah, wat is retweet?
    05-10-09 12:12 AM
    A retweet is when you want to repost a tweet that one of your twitter friends sent because you like it and want all of your friends to see it.
    05-10-09 12:25 AM
    app is excellent but my batt life sucked when i used this apart from that i miss it
    05-10-09 10:09 AM
    UT is really great. I hated TB when I used it before UT came out.
    05-10-09 10:25 AM
    Ubertwitter is a waste of time...
    who releases an app that doesnt work through BIS?
    functionality through BIS should be first on your to-do list as the app developer taking into consideration that BIS is the bread and butter for Blackberry devices
    ubertwitter for me is a fail when i get the exact same functionality from twitterberry withought having to go dig around in APN settings
    05-10-09 10:32 AM
    I had TwitterBerry for a couple weeks... Since I didn't know any better, I liked it.

I dl'd UT the other day, and after a few initial issues, deleted it.
    Re-installed yesterday, figured out what my problem was (had to change the network from Auto to TCP) and now I'm in LOVE!

...Still want SocialScope though... waiting and waiting...
    05-10-09 10:40 AM
    Ubertwitter is a waste of time...
    who releases an app that doesnt work through BIS?
    functionality through BIS should be first on your to-do list as the app developer taking into consideration that BIS is the bread and butter for Blackberry devices
    ubertwitter for me is a fail when i get the exact same functionality from twitterberry withought having to go dig around in APN settings
    Whoa, I never noticed that until now. But it doesn't bother me much.
    I use the auto featur e with wifi connection since I'm practically always near a network.
    Haven't tried TB tho, I may soon if someone is willing to post a link to it.

05-10-09 01:32 PM
    Does UT connect over APN? Cause i cannot connect over normal BIS
    05-11-09 01:31 AM
    I've just downloaded UT..thanks for the link cdnefro
    05-11-09 06:21 AM
    I wasn't able to use the UT first beta as I'm on BIS. With the second I still can't use it on-the-go (for that I'm using Twitterberry), but I've been using it at home over Wifi.

As much as I feel some loyalty to Twitterberry, to me there's no doubting UberTwitter is better. While its still got some things to be worked out (BIS, memory usage), the UI seems a lot nicer. Both are pretty feature-packed, but I do like UT's thumbnails for Twitpics. Both are still in beta at the moment though, so it'll be interesting to see what they add before going to a stable version.

I look forward to the later betas for UT, and I think once it supports BIS, it'll probably replace Twitterberry as my main client. However for now, I'm happily using both depending on where I am.
    05-11-09 09:12 AM
    I will wait for UT to support BIS. It was gonna be either this or TweetGenius. But TG doesn't even support the Storm yet, let alone BIS.

Until then, I'm sticking with TwitterBerry 0.9b6. It might not be as spectacular looking as UT and TG, but it gets the job done...anywhere. I only need one Twitter app, and TB is the one that is the most reliable overall right now.
    05-11-09 04:13 PM
    Yeah, I agree. I've tried other Twitter apps and always end up deleting them and using Twitterberry. It just works. And aesthtically I find it a lot more pleasing to look at than the others. I think by the time version 1 comes out we'll see many more features in TB.

05-11-09 07:21 PM
    I've used both of these apps, but in the end went for YATCA.. integrates 100% with the blackberry message list, making tweeting just as natuaral as emailing on the BB. Well worth a look if you want something that feels like less of a bolt on and more of a natural BB app. I have it set so replies/mention appear in my main inbox, whilst everyones updates go to their own folder.
    05-12-09 05:09 AM
    I keep downloading UT and it alsways seems to have Network Errors when I try to validate my Twitter info, I have tried changing settings but still nothing anyone know what it could be?
    05-12-09 07:57 AM
    I get those when I'm on wifi. If I ignore the validation test and keep hitting next, it works though. But even once everything's up and running, the validation thing in the wizard always fails.

Glad to see a new beta with BIS support is due this week. Looking forward to it a lot :-)
    05-12-09 08:52 AM
    I can't believe nobody is "seeing" the biggest flaw in Ubertwitter:it can't use BIS connection. If there is no BIS connection,my other option is Wi-Fi.And what do I do if i'm not in an WiFi area?I use Twitterberry.
    So there is really no competition between them if you ask me. Twitterberry (yes,it has less options) is winning hands-down being available thru BIS.
    A big letdown from Ubertwitter.
    05-12-09 09:04 AM
    I'm not ignoring the flaw. I'm just saying that if I'm on wifi then I find UT better. I still use Twitterberry when I'm not and thus need a client that supports BIS. I've got both installed and currently swap between them happily.

But once UberTwitter has BIS support, which they're hoping to release this week, I can see me switching to UT full time (unless there's some hideous bug in the BIS support).
    05-12-09 09:48 AM
92 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD