Has anyone eaten at The Melting Pot? Just wondering how it is because im takin my girl there next weekend.

Thanks
    05-09-09 07:25 PM
    I have, and it was the best meal I have had in a long time. Get ready to spend some money though, but it is way worth it and very romantic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 07:33 PM
    Moved to Off topic.

Storm Owner's Lounge - We realize that Storm owners like to hang around the Storm forums (waiting on that latest OS release of course!) and therefore like to post on everything Storm related. To help keep the other Storm forums on-track we have provided the Storm Owner's Lounge as a place where you can kick back to discuss other Storm topics. For example, you can use this forum for OS waiting rooms and wishlist threads or to share your Storm experiences. Keep mind discussion here should still be Storm-related. For off topic posts (politics, sports, etc.), please use our Off Topic Forums. Keep in mind that as the Lounge is more akin to our CrackBerry Cafe Social forums, that posts made here do not contribute to post count and are not searchable within the forum search.
    05-09-09 07:36 PM
    the moneys not a problem even though it should be, i think im gonna go with getting the flowers delivered to the table that you can do through open table...do you know anyone whos done that before?
    05-09-09 07:37 PM
    my bad yester
    05-09-09 07:38 PM
    im not sure about the flowers, but the melting pot is delicious. i went there for the first time about 6 months ago.. it may seem like a chore to go through the menu and everything, but if you just tell them that it is your first time there, they can help you out a lot. there is a garlic and artichoke fondu there that even thinking about it makes me salivate.
    05-10-09 02:43 AM
    Loveeeee the Melting pot. My gf and I usually get the chedder cheese fondue. The platter that has more meat then fish with the veggy boullion and the regular chocolate for dessert. Kinda plain I guess but mmmmmm sooooo good!

05-10-09 04:45 AM
    Been there many times. It's a good chain, very consistent food and service. Don't know how long you've been dating, but you might want to hold back on the flowers. Can't shoot the whole wad in one evening, then you'll have nothing left for that really important night.
    05-10-09 06:43 AM
    One of my family's favorite spots. We generally save it for special events because of the cost - 4 people + wine adds up quickly. The only one I have been to is at Legacy Village in Beechwood OH. It doesn't seem like you are eating a lot because of the small pieces of whatever but believe me it does fill you up!
    Have fun and enjoy!
    05-10-09 03:18 PM
    Well I have been there once and only once. It was expensive and not bad but def not oh my goodness I have got to go back. First and foremost I was completely thrown off by the fact that you have to cook your own food at your table. As much as they charge I need them to cook my food. That was a deal breaker for me. The dessert however was excellent. If and I mean a big fat if I ever go back it will only only be for dessert. Hope this helps.

05-10-09 06:22 PM
    How would they know what you want cooked? And how would they keep it warm? I personally think the atmosphere and food are very unique and worth going to.

05-10-09 06:25 PM
    Well I have been there once and only once. It was expensive and not bad but def not oh my goodness I have got to go back. First and foremost I was completely thrown off by the fact that you have to cook your own food at your table. As much as they charge I need them to cook my food. That was a deal breaker for me. The dessert however was excellent. If and I mean a big fat if I ever go back it will only only be for dessert. Hope this helps.

envied, your supposed to cook the food and feed it to her. PM me and I'll teach you a few things about women, good G_d!
    05-10-09 06:35 PM
    haha thanks everyone, i myself love cooking so thats gonna be great for me. and the alcohol wont be a problem because we cant drink, (under 21 lol)
    05-10-09 07:34 PM
    envied, your supposed to cook the food and feed it to her. PM me and I'll teach you a few things about women, good G_d!
    Hmmm I am curious what a man could possibly teach a WOMAN about women? OK I will admit I am very cautious about eating undercooked food and getting sick---so that does not appeal to me. Feed me cooked food and its on.!!!!!!!
    05-10-09 07:38 PM
    How would they know what you want cooked? And how would they keep it warm? I personally think the atmosphere and food are very unique and worth going to.

How does anyone else know wha you want to eat and how do they keep it warm? Very silly question in my humble opinion.
    05-10-09 07:39 PM
    Will you feed me, too, Wolf?

05-10-09 07:43 PM
    Hmmm I am curious what a man could possibly teach a WOMAN about women? OK I will admit I am very cautious about eating undercooked food and getting sick---so that does not appeal to me. Feed me cooked food and its on.!!!!!!!
    Since your a woman, and didn't like the experience. May I suggest you improve on the men who take you out. Melting Pot should have been a very romantic experience for you. Not a laborious task. Although, I'm willing to bet I could teach you a thing or two about women.
    05-10-09 07:55 PM
    Will you feed me, too, Wolf?

Sodakitty, if Elgins down with it, I'm there.
    05-10-09 07:56 PM
    BigBadWolf; if you were such an 'expert' on females/women/goddesses/the like and thereof...you wouldn't be on CrackBerry in the capacity you are.

As for my take on the Melting Pot; it's definitely worth it to go there for the experience and to check it at the very least...I personally do feel the prices for what you get aren't justified. I do recommend going their for the dessert experience if anything.

Last edited by Swoopster; 05-10-09 at 11:24 PM.
    05-10-09 11:20 PM
    I have been there many times with my GF and we love it!! I bought a gift card for my parents for their anniversary and they loved it also! I really don't think the prices are high for the quality of service, food and the whole experience. With drinks (bottle of wine or martini's!) tip etc...it is usually a deuce. To give you an idea how great the service was when we made reservations and said it was for a birthday there was a card waiting on the table saying "Happy Birthday!"....and they gave me a $10 gift card towards the next meal. It was a nice touch! There is something wrong with anyone who can't make it a great romantic evening out! Enjoy!
    05-11-09 12:06 AM
    How does anyone else know wha you want to eat and how do they keep it warm? Very silly question in my humble opinion.
    Are you familiar with how fondue works? You cook a few pieces at a time. It wouldn't do to have waiters scurrying back and forth taking your order every few minutes to bring you two new pieces of chicken or something. For a full meal, it's okay, but every five bites? For everyone at the restaurant? Seems kind of stupid NOT to do it that way to me.

05-11-09 12:19 AM
    BigBadWolf; if you were such an 'expert' on females/women/goddesses/the like and thereof...you wouldn't be on CrackBerry in the capacity you are.
    Very funny!
    05-11-09 12:25 AM
    Get on their email list... they often send out discount coupons!
    05-11-09 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD