Just got my first blackberry the other day. An 8900 to be exact. VERY lovely phone. For the longest time I wasn't sure if i wanted a BB but i am very glad that I did.

I want to replace the silver bezel and get a full black bezel so the entire phone is black. Plus id like to get a green track ball.

Now I am not sure the best place to buy these items but i do know how to do the install. Can anyone please help me ?
    05-08-09 09:54 PM
    Just got my first blackberry the other day. An 8900 to be exact. VERY lovely phone. For the longest time I wasn't sure if i wanted a BB but i am very glad that I did.

I want to replace the silver bezel and get a full black bezel so the entire phone is black. Plus id like to get a green track ball.

Now I am not sure the best place to buy these items but i do know how to do the install. Can anyone please help me ?
    Well first of all if it is a new device bought from the carrier and you open it to change the bezel it will void your warranty. But if you must do this I would try cnn.cn they have all sorts of trackballs, etc. Here is their link. Good luck...

Cellular Accessories - Tools, Apple, Acer, BenQ-Siemens, LG, 3G, NEC, SonyEricsson, HTC, Dopod/O2, Blac
    05-08-09 09:59 PM
    First you want to read the sticky about taking apart your 8900

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 10:02 PM

According to the OP they already know how...
    05-08-09 10:09 PM
    I wouldn't recommend that a newbie do this. You could really mess up your phone. Do you what you want....
    05-08-09 10:20 PM
    I wouldn't recommend that a newbie do this. You could really mess up your phone. Do you what you want....

OP said he knows how to do the install like post #4 stated. LOL.
    05-08-09 10:32 PM
    im a newbie to blackberrys but not to electronics. Im a wizz with electronics. i do all my own work. Computers, Car Audio, phones etc. Theres plenty of tutorial videos on how to do it.

I just need to know where to but the parts.

oh one quick question, anyone know how to properly paint plastic?
    05-08-09 10:39 PM
    I'd check ebay as well as cnn.cn
    05-08-09 10:43 PM
    If you are really ready to void your warranty, you can get the parts from cnn.cn. I really suggest that you wait at least a few weeks to a month to make sure there is not anything wrong with your device that you will need a replacement.
    05-08-09 10:45 PM
    i've succesfully changed mine..just follow clintro's video
    easy =)
    05-09-09 01:39 AM
    The chrome on my bezel started chipping off so after removing it and using a combination of sand paper and cutting polish im now the proud owner of a shiny black bezel
    05-09-09 07:43 AM
    i think cnn is the best imo
    05-09-09 12:39 PM
    Being a noob and all I would be very nervous messing up my new BB. Becareful and good luck.
    05-09-09 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD