I am wondering if there is away to entirely wipe a blackberry of all software. The reason I am wondering this is due to the fact that my devicewill not initalize properly. It will give me the red led when I forst put in the batt. It will start to bootup. But then I get a wonderful device error 348 and then it reboots and tries all over again. I have tried to use loader to reinstall any version of 4.7.0.X that I can, and it always gets hung-up on that wonderful initializaton phaze. I need to find some way to wipe out what is on the device to be able to start from scratch.

If anyone could please help me through this, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Or if I am incorrect, please point me in the correct direction
    Thank You

BB storm 9530 - unlocked - had version 4.7.0.113 on it before things went bad.
    05-08-09 05:16 PM
    I am wondering if there is away to entirely wipe a blackberry of all software. The reason I am wondering this is due to the fact that my devicewill not initalize properly. It will give me the red led when I forst put in the batt. It will start to bootup. But then I get a wonderful device error 348 and then it reboots and tries all over again. I have tried to use loader to reinstall any version of 4.7.0.X that I can, and it always gets hung-up on that wonderful initializaton phaze. I need to find some way to wipe out what is on the device to be able to start from scratch.

Thank You

here you go.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/
    05-08-09 05:41 PM
    When you wipe the phone doing...
    Options > security > general settings >bb menu > wipe device
    Does that rid of the OS at all? Or just personalization?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 06:05 PM
    When you wipe the phone doing...
    Options > security > general settings >bb menu > wipe device
    Does that rid of the OS at all? Or just personalization?

not sure, you might post a thread asking this question or do a search and see if its been discussed before.
    05-08-09 06:23 PM
    I was hoping someone could just answer here...

05-08-09 06:46 PM
    I was hoping someone could just answer here...

no it dont wipe out os completely it just cleans it out
    05-08-09 07:17 PM

Thank You

My understanding is....and this comes from other posts and peeps on here...is wiping with JL_CMDR doesn't do anything different than when you load an OS. I believe this to be true cuz if you watch the load operation there's a step that says something to the affect of 'Removing apps' or 'Erasing apps'...something like that. I'm a creature of habit so I backup and wipe when I load an OS cuz that's how I did when I started. S'up to you tho.

05-08-09 07:50 PM
    -waits for answer-

05-08-09 08:11 PM
    -waits for answer-

-waits for you to use the search button-

(couldnt resist)

[check above. someone answered this for you already]
    05-08-09 08:16 PM
    My understanding is....and this comes from other posts and peeps on here...is wiping with JL_CMDR doesn't do anything different than when you load an OS. I believe this to be true cuz if you watch the load operation there's a step that says something to the affect of 'Removing apps' or 'Erasing apps'...something like that. I'm a creature of habit so I backup and wipe when I load an OS cuz that's how I did when I started. S'up to you tho.

The complication arose when the home SID was changed. The phone did the reboot as normal, and then cause my issue. So I guess I could also be asking if there is a way to get back to the configuration file and change any of the settings in there. I am not entirely sure if that would have anything to do with the software or not, that was just my impression.
    05-09-09 02:22 PM
    bump >>>>>>>
    05-13-09 02:42 PM
    The complication arose when the home SID was changed. The phone did the reboot as normal, and then cause my issue. So I guess I could also be asking if there is a way to get back to the configuration file and change any of the settings in there. I am not entirely sure if that would have anything to do with the software or not, that was just my impression.
    JLCommander should get you wiped enough to the point to get it loaded. There is a link in my signature for recovering a nuked BB. Give that a go an let us know how it worked out for ya.
    05-13-09 06:11 PM
    JL will not load on my computer and noone can tell me why. Some help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I run vista and it won't load. I've tried this and it still doesn't work.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/
    05-13-09 07:01 PM
    I was able to start theprocess for a nuked BB. But I am still having the same complication. I tried wiping it with JL commander, and it worked as it did in the past for me on other phones, but it doesnt seem to be touching that file that has the config for the HOMESID
    05-13-09 10:34 PM
    bumpppppppppppppppppp
    05-16-09 08:28 PM
    are you using a USB Hub or are you connected directly to your computers USB port?
    05-16-09 08:38 PM
    JL will not load on my computer and noone can tell me why. Some help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I run vista and it won't load. I've tried this and it still doesn't work.
    When you are installing JL try >>right click >>run as admin. I think that will do it for you.
    05-16-09 08:43 PM
    When you are installing JL try >>right click >>run as admin. I think that will do it for you.
    Damned Windows UAC One of the worst parts of this windows virus...
    05-17-09 10:35 AM
    I tried that and it still didn't work. Any other ideas anyone?
    05-18-09 03:10 PM
    I tried that and it still didn't work. Any other ideas anyone?
    It has problems with Vista. Try opening an administrative command prompt in the folder where you have JL_Commander installed. Then run this command: javaloader -usb wipe

That should wipe the phone. When it completes, run AppLoader and install your OS of choice.
    05-18-09 04:14 PM
    Device wipe restores the phone back to factory settings, JL commander wipes the phone to the point that there isnt anything on it so youd have to reload the device with the os.
    05-18-09 04:44 PM
    call sprint they will tell u to type in ##786 then talk and ask for a unlock code they give that to u it wipes it all out and u have to reprogram ur pnone number and msid on the device
    05-18-09 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD