does anyone know of an alternative way to view youtube on the storm. It looks so bad from the app and the mobile site. other phones do not seem to look the same way the storm does and I was just wondering why since it has the highest resolution screen out there. any answers?
    05-08-09 01:06 PM
    does anyone know of an alternative way to view youtube on the storm. It looks so bad from the app and the mobile site. other phones do not seem to look the same way the storm does and I was just wondering why since it has the highest resolution screen out there. any answers?
    Wondering same thing, youtube videos look like SHI* on the storm.

I thought maybe it was a thing with STREAMING the video, but even after just downloading the video from the network to the storms "hard drive" it looks like crap.
    05-08-09 01:23 PM
    Its crap because people are like oh you've got the storm, show me a video and I'm like uhhh look at the Babylon AD trailer haha. I know the storm can do it because that trailer looks badass but then you try and pull up something on youtube and cant even see it for it being so blurry!!!
    05-08-09 01:27 PM
    there was a website that would let you save yt videos, can't remebmer what it was called but there are a bunch of you search google. Either way, you paste in a yt link and it gives you a webpage with a FLV and a MP4 download link, download mp4 to the phone either using the mobile browser (kind of a pain) or your pc and watch. The mp4 "high quality" file, looks great on the storm.

Not the same instant gratification as youtube on the pc. "Hold on guys, I have to extract the video links, download them to my phone, and then we can watch the video"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 01:40 PM
    the website your thinking of that was discussed on the forums was keepvid.com
    05-08-09 03:40 PM
    Try the Viigo RSS feeds.
    05-08-09 03:58 PM
    Under bookmarks in BB browser, go to Google Mobile. YouTube link is there. It looks great and utilizes ALL the search, not just a partial like the YouTube app. Not to mention, no smallfloatingnubberooski.exception.error.CRAP!
    05-08-09 04:54 PM
    Yea the yoytube app is bad

05-08-09 05:17 PM
    Under bookmarks in BB browser, go to Google Mobile. YouTube link is there. It looks great and utilizes ALL the search, not just a partial like the YouTube app. Not to mention, no smallfloatingnubberooski.exception.error.CRAP!
    That just prompts me to download the same youtube app I already have, am I missing something?

05-08-09 05:43 PM
    You have tp have a really good quality video to look good on the storm.... Even tv shows have to be really high quality to look good

05-08-09 05:51 PM
    That just prompts me to download the same youtube app I already have, am I missing something?

It shouldn't prompt a download however it will warn that youtube is a data intensive. This method is by no means is a perfectly displayed video but its tolerable.
    05-08-09 05:57 PM
    Try the Viigo RSS feeds.
    Where is the youtube part?

05-08-09 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD